Theme Music

I love it - it got under my skin almost instantly. Although I do also like (but not as much) the Enterprise tune too.

At first I thought it was a bit slow and maybe even too folky for a scifi show, but it fits in perfectly, and it is just a great tune.

And Jayne's Song - ROFLMAO! That was hilarious :)

Maybe because the Enterprise theme came first, but that's still my fav new SF theme. I agree with the comments on the slow aspect of the Firefly theme. It's underscoring the western aspect of the show a bit too much. (And a few times the exposition before or after the theme reminded me a lot of Sliders' little info segment at the start of each show. But it's ending up that without having seen the pilot, once you did, you knew where that part came from.) Since we're talking a bit about what we sing, of the two, I still sing the Enterprise theme a lot more than the Firefly theme. I'm not enough of a mucisian to know if it's simply in a better key for me or what...

I don't like the Firely theme song :( it's not very catchy, i guess it does go with the show but i don't think it should have been used as a theme song. I much prefer the Enterprise one :)

xxx

Didn't like the song at first but after a few episodes it did grow on me. And now, it's one of my favorite tv theme songs.

Did any of you like the music throughout the other episodes? Well the Hero Of Canton is good one but there were two other songs that I liked as well. From OMR, the song at the beginning when Mal dances with Saffron has a sweet melody. And the classical song where Mal & Inara dance at the Shindig is pretty good too. Now if they only played Oasis, Led Zeppelin or Prodigy, I'd be eating steak right now. (pardon the pun)

Cheers!

Talking about music - has eveyone heard the Ballard of Joss? It's a parody on the Ballard of Jayne from Jaynestown (obviously) but it's written about Joss Whedon and Firefly. It's really clever and well written :D

Ballard of Joss

I love the Firefly theme song: its lyrics are defiant, and its melody sticks in my head. "You can't take the sky from me."

"The Ballad of Joss" that Maria mentioned makes me smile. Joss = hero.

Here's a link that Teir posted in another thread, which leads to a beautiful song about Mal: http://www.cyphertext.net/escapekey/Mal_studio.mp3
(Thanks, Teir.)

Hal Jordan said:
Didn't like the song at first but after a few episodes it did grow on me. And now, it's one of my favorite tv theme songs.

Did any of you like the music throughout the other episodes? Well the Hero Of Canton is good one but there were two other songs that I liked as well. From OMR, the song at the beginning when Mal dances with Saffron has a sweet melody. And the classical song where Mal & Inara dance at the Shindig is pretty good too. Now if they only played Oasis, Led Zeppelin or Prodigy, I'd be eating steak right now. (pardon the pun)

Cheers!

Same for me - the first time I didn't like it much. After a few episodes though I began to like it. On the whole the Firefly music's very good - one of my favourite parts is in Bushwacked when River and Simon are on the outside of serenity, looking into space.

The Ballad of Joss is hilarious - and a very good tribute.