Britons ignorant of UK history

I still wanna be your child ;) If it makes you feel better you can say you were a precocious 8 year old when you had me, and say you're 24

Ah. I would say Patrick O Brian but I think that thats the wrong era. I do like his naval books though

Welcome to the club. Ignorance of the past seems to be a common characteristic of most nations. American talk show host often interviews members of the American public to display their complete lack of knowledge about the histroy of the United States. As a Canadian I wish i could brag about Canada's population, unfortunately Canadians seem just as ignorant of their history as everyone else. That is probably why politicians have such an easy time fooling the voters again and again. :( I wish it were otherwise, but until more citizens take a greater interest in what is going on, both past and present, governments and nations are going to continually make mistakes that could have been easily avoided.

Well, most people equate history with boring, mainly because for ages history teachers have taught history in the most mind-numbing way possible. Happily, I was able to be interested in history before school got hold of me...:D

Although I am ignorant of many areas of history (and possibly will remain so until Im 80), I do know the basics of political history and I do take an interest in politics...

The schools gloss over British history,but by doing this they are ignoring a culture that shaped a lot of the world .I know the we have a lot to be ashamed of but we also have a lot to be proud of as well. They teach about the Roman Empire but treat the British Empire like a dirty little secret.We should be proud of our history.

This is stupid the people who where part of the testing must have been from Looney asylums or Cardiff. I and most of the people i am friends with take an active interest in history and think it is an insult that This small majority of people represent the rest of the UK.