Worst Sci-Fi movie of all time

Tor Johnson's last film was the 1961 film The Beast of Yucca Flats . In that one he delivered the ultimate Tour de force minimalist performance of a life time and what happened? Both he and the film got shut out at oscar time. :mad:

He died in 1971 with never even a sniff at oscar gold.:(

Right. And no MST there to make the obvious jokes. The mighty Tor! Watch him climb a thousand feet up a mountain with his walking stick, carrying a girl.

You know what's probably the worst sci fi film ever?

Prometheus.

It's not just that it's a bad movie. It is a bad movie. But it's a bad movie made by someone who should (and does) know better. And who should have made a much, much, much better movie. And it's a terrible, terrible addition to an iconic franchise. And it was so highly anticipated.

...or am I describing Phantom Menace? Hrm.

Also, Interstellar. I had such high hopes for it and then it was just piles of hot incoherent garbage trying to be a new 2001.

You know what's probably the worst sci fi film ever?

Prometheus.

It's not just that it's a bad movie. It is a bad movie. But it's a bad movie made by someone who should (and does) know better. And who should have made a much, much, much better movie. And it's a terrible, terrible addition to an iconic franchise. And it was so highly anticipated.

...or am I describing Phantom Menace? Hrm.

Also, Interstellar. I had such high hopes for it and then it was just piles of hot incoherent garbage trying to be a new 2001.

Yes Prometheus had a cast tremendously unlikable characters who did alot dumb things which end up getting most of them killed.

Aren't you thinking of the incredibly dreadful The Beast of Yucca Flats - or did I miss something?

It didn't win best film of the year when it came out in 1961 and it failed to resonate with critics and movie audiences alike . I think it would have fared better had it been screened at Cannes first. :)

Yes, yes... the Beast... the 'once-noted scientist'... people do need to see BOYF, and the MST treatment just kills it. Tor got 300 bux, and the kid's voices were dubbed in from an echoey bathroom. The rabbit at the end was an accident. There's more to know...

I expect the upcoming Alien movie to be decent, otherwise the franchise mought as well disappear, after Prometheus. I think I've seen it four times?... still no idea wot it's about. What a challenge it is, saving the totally skewdged storyline of Alien.

Yes, yes... the Beast... the 'once-noted scientist'... people do need to see BOYF, and the MST treatment just kills it. Tor got 300 bux, and the kid's voices were dubbed in from an echoey bathroom. The rabbit at the end was an accident. There's more to know...

I expect the upcoming Alien movie to be decent, otherwise the franchise mought as well disappear, after Prometheus. I think I've seen it four times?... still no idea wot it's about. What a challenge it is, saving the totally skewdged storyline of Alien.
The word is that the new Alien film will ignore everything created after "Aliens"
Which can only be a good thing, methinks.

If it hasn't already been covered then I'd like to give Omega Doom a (dis)honourable mention. Although I must admit I've yet to see the end having given up on it three times so far...

While made for TV, Hanna Barbera's KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM OF THE PARK was so bad it was good. But I only saw it once. :cry: KISS forbade it to be mentioned in their presence. :ROFLMAO:

While made for TV, Hanna Barbera's KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM OF THE PARK was so bad it was good. But I only saw it once. :cry: KISS forbade it to be mentioned in their presence. :ROFLMAO:

I forgot all about that film classic. :D

Lest we forget that classic from 1963, They Saved Hitler's Brain, is available on youtube: :ROFLMAO::LOL:
I am fairly sure that the Futurama guys took some ideas from this film, with the living heads in jars. :lol::D:p

OMG, I just read wikipedia's page for this film, & apparently, the original 1963 film was titled Madmen of Mandoras , while a 1968 made for TV version that had an additional 20 minutes of content was named They Saved Hitler's Brain. I do not know which this is, because it has the earlier date, but the later title:

while this one has the consistent date & title:

* Spoilers used to save vertical space, as these turned out to be in-line videos.

Last edited:
No worries about spoiling B n W era stuff... TSHB has been top ten rubbish for decades. The G-Gas! Recently, Nazis at the Center of the Earth features a robot Adolph, kept alive, yep, all these years... my, my...*

Shh! I made mention of that gem in this earlier post, but put the details inside spoiler tags:
Tanks for the link, JunkMonkey! I nearly forgot: Nazis at the Center of the Earth is apparently supposed to be serious, but--:LOL:
when the Hitler cyborg finally shows up :D:p:lol:! Its a cross between They Saved Hitler's Brain, & a certain episode of FUTURAMA, in which Bender sells his body & Nixon's head buys it! Actually the final boss in WOLFENSTEIN 3D also comes to mind!
:confused:
It is just too funny to give away the best part!
I also made brief mention of it in page 3 of worst horror films

It's a deliberate send-up, nothing like this is supposed to be serious since 'cult' B movies became a thing, in the 70s, basically. Before then Plan 9 was on latenite with no waRning! NATCOTE is worth a look. RobotAdolph. Otherwise, feh. I enjoyed War With The Insects more.

No worries about spoiling B n W era stuff... TSHB has been top ten rubbish for decades. The G-Gas! Recently, Nazis at the Center of the Earth features a robot Adolph, kept alive, yep, all these years... my, my...*

I think I missed that one.:unsure:

Sunshine gets 75% at RottedTomaters?... and I wartched it agin last nite, kept an eye on it anyway... and it slips by somehow, but tis ridiculous rubbish, premise and all. I mean... who wants to go first pointing out stuff that woont happen in any real spaceship headed for the Sun, to deliver a bomb, in Sunshine. Starwars and other adventuorus flicks, etc. weel they have at least a tiny bit of sense o' humour... .Avatar, all that kind of stuff has a bit of tongue in cheek as they use WW2 guns to fight aliens in the future.... but, heading for the Sun, and... oop! I forget what I was doing, and hull breached the ship!! - because apparently the onboard computer doesn't have a warning system up to the level of, say, Windows 95.
Tyranno's Claw... hey, animals may not be injured in the making of this movie, but they are definitley quite annoyed and pestered.