----------------------------------------------------
Creating episode thread: Remember only
this episode should be discussed here,
or the spoiler tag used.
----------------------------------------------------

Episode 20: Fossil

Final episode??

I really liked this series. :mad: :crying:

This episode really takes the story forward a pace. It has as much plot as three or four ‘normal’ episodes.

When Angela and Kurt stake out a construction site occupied by synthetics, Angela is abducted and Kurt is shot in the leg.

A female police detective investigating Angela’s disappearance begins to ask very searching questions.

Surprisingly, there is nothing on Dr. Chandra’s Sentient scanner about Angela.

While Kurt and Sarah look for Angela, Chuck and Neil visit Leighton Scott, who is now out of hospital. He tells them about a Moon rock called ALH-3B that has the cadre worried.

Chuck and Neil get plans for the NASA Lunar sample receiving facility, together with codes, helped by Ethan Slattery, the son of an old friend of Chuck. They steal the rock and take it to an ex-NASA geologist, Dr. Elliott, who has a theory about the Moon being a hollow construct.

Meanwhile, Ethan Slattery is murdered by Sentients, the policewoman interviews Kurt, and Sarah’s son, Cory, starts to grow ill. Sarah accepts Troy’s proposal of marriage.

They discover that the rock is actually from Mars, and is vibrating at a sub-sonic frequency, and when the data is fed into a laptop, it gives the numbers 95 & 243. Obviously, the rock is asking to be dropper fed Americium that has that Atomic Number and Weight.

When they do this (it just happens to be used in smoke detectors in Dr. Elliott’s house) the rock begins to grow purple crystals.

Just then the synthetics arrive to take the rock, but it shoots out crystalline darts at the synthetics who are taken over by fossilized Martian Sentients.

Chuck finds that Leighton Scott himself is in league with the synthetics, in order to renew his ailing body.

The NASA director (forgotten her name) goes to a secret underground Cadre meeting with Senator Perry.

We learn that Bright Sky One was a machine to eradicate the ‘Ahuman’ presence on Earth. Since Chuck Taggart sabotaged it, they think that he and his associates are working for the Sentients. We learn that the Cadre’s sole purpose is to preserve the supremacy of organic life on Earth.

Cory is found to have the disease. Paul visits Sarah to tell her. He says, “It’s called….â€
(Then video plus stopped the video recorder….)

Can anyone tell me the end?

I don't think that I missed very much....

This is what should have happened:

1/ Sarah risks everything and gets some of that synthetic technology to cure Cory. The world still gets destoyed, but a least Cory is alright.
2/ Troy and Paul play a game of pool over who keeps Sarah, and she realises that neither are worth it.
3/ Angela is found, but she is now a walking synthetic zombie.
4/ Kurt is arrested and charged with all the various killings, he finally tells the truth, but is declared insane. He is locked up in a Sentient prison in a cell with Hannibal Lecter.
5/ Chuck discovers that the waitress is either a synthetic or an FBI agent. When he discovers that he has been a pawn to the Sentients all along he sets fire to his own house with his cigar.
6/ Neil marries the geologist's neice (the one with the "Big ****".)
7/ Using the rock to obtain further numbers Kurt is able to win the Jackpot in the National Lottery.

Something I learned from reading these boards, I am so happy that I never worked out how to use video-plus. Finally, my stupidity is paying off!

I really enjoyed this series too Dave, I hope they make another one, I'd really like to see how the story turns out.

No conclusions in this episode I'm afraid, although I did enjoy it. Bear in mind this happened a whole day ago, and my memory has a half-ife of an hour.

Cory is found to have the disease. Paul visits Sarah to tell her. He says, “It’s called….â€

Can't remember what it's called, but it's the same stomach cancer that Cory had in the original timeline. Paul breaks down crying and says he needs Sarah back, Sarah comforts him, but you see an unhappy Troy in the background earwigging in on their conversation.

lol :laugh2: I loved your ideas for the ending of the show. It would be quite cool for a nasty ending to a sci-fi show, go out with a bang!

4/ Kurt is arrested and charged with all the various killings, he finally tells the truth, but is declared insane. He is locked up in a Sentient prison in a cell with Hannibal Lecter.

That would be a great ending! You're actually spot on right up until the word killings. I think the insane part is probably true too. When the police came to his appartment to arrest him, he was very drunk and talking to himself in quite a manic way. I actually thought it was quite funny with my warped sense of humour.

Thanks for the ending, Misszoecat. So Kurt did get arrested, I don't think they will be able to charge him with kidnapping or Angela's murder, unless she really has been murdered.

I didn't quite get the fossilized Martian Sentient part. Are we to believe that Mars died because of a battle of organics versus ahumans too?

I really want to know what Manny Coto had in mind for this series. In an interview he said he had five years mapped out. He's been writing it since 1996. He wrote it for NBC originally, but they didn't want it. If not more episodes then I would settle for a film or even a book.

It has been the most original, funny and intelligent sci-fi for some time. It is crazy that what were probably the best new sci-fi TV shows (Odyssey 5 and Firefly) have been cancelled, while Enterprise and Stargate can rework any old story and still get away with it.

Thanks for the info Dave.

The irony of the Cadre and project bright sky is just an example of the quailty of this scifi.

Funny now the attempts on the senators life and all the other littel niggles fall into place.

But, Im no thappy with this martian link. Coto said that the story was NOT based around aliens/alien attack etc.

So Im confused as to how this martian rock and martian sentinets come into play.

This also raises issues on the destruction of the Earth. Had the Cadre been infiltrated, Leviathon sabotaged?

I have a funny feeling the final ending is paradoxed as in the sending back of the Oddessy 5 crew is the very reason the Earth explodes.

It was the ultimate "Own Goal"

:)

Guess we will never know.

Ranger

shame it all ended so quickly.

even if they just only did one more season we could have everything tierd up nicely [but quickly!]

Back