7.01: Fallen

It was good finally to have new episodes.
Also it was good to see Daniel back, and the thing about the amnesia make for interesting conversations. Also I enjoy seeing Jonas and Daniel working together.

It was cool to see Jack and Sam in the F-302 and destroy the power core of Anubis weapon.

It was a great episode.

Krystal :circle:

I really enjoyed this episode. The only thing I felt was missing was a warm welcome. No one hugged, Daniel, told him they were glad to have him back, or even that he was missed. I guess if you’re trying to fight off Apophis, welcoming friends returning from the ‘dead’ falls through the cracks.

One thing that creeped me out:

Daniel: Was there ever anything... between us?

Please don't tell me we've got a Daniel/Carter thing happening this season!

I don't know how much I should give away or how much you want to know, Lisa.

In case you or somebody else doesn't want to get spoiled too much, better don't scroll down. I'll add spolier space because I'm giving away some details.

SPOILER FALLEN

The episode starts with a shot from an alien planet. We can see three men walking, one older and two younger.
The old man is telling a story, apparently one he just told hours ago without remembering. So there's a little banter between the boys and the old man when suddenly a bright light is blending them.

From an above angle we now see a naked figure lying on the ground and the camera zooms in.

One of the boys goes over and asks the man on the ground who he is.

Cut to Daniel, looking confused, a bit panicky and very disorientated: "I don't know."

That's the end of the teaser.

We're now in the SGC and see Jonas working on the tablet he, Sam and Daniel found in Full Cirlce. He suddenly seems to get the translation right and runs off towards Hammond's office, almost running two SF's down in his hurry, grabbing Martin Wood by the shoulders in the elevator and enthusiastically telling him about his progress (nice little cameo) and then finally entering Hammond's office where the general and Sam are talking.

He tells them that the Lost City most certainly is the last the Ancients added to their gate adresses before they disappeared and therefore they should check out the last address from the ones that got downloaded into Jack's brain in The Fifth Race.

SG-1 goes there with SG-5 and 8 in tow (if I'm not mistaken) and finds a nomadic tribe. The one from which we saw three members in the beginning. One of the SG teams secure the perimeter outside of the city and - come across Daniel. They take him back to SG-1 who are surprised to see their friend there.
Daniel can't remember them and brushes them off, then heads to his tent.

Jack tries to talk to him, telling him who he is, that he died or rather ascended a year ago and helped them to fight Anubis.

Then Sam talks to him, trying to persuade him to accompany them back to earth. Daniel is distant and isn't sure he wants to remember who he is. Obviously all he knows is that he 'did something wrong'. He's afraid he won't like the person he once was. Sam tells him what a good man he was, determined to help other people, always putting other people's needs before his own.

Daniel decides to come back.

He still doesn't remember anything, neither the SGC itself nor Hammond who is greeting them at the end of the ramp and welcomes Daniel back.

He gets checked out in the infirmary and Janet confirms it really is Daniel, handing him his glasses. There's a short Jack/Daniel banter there.

Then Jack takes him to a VIP room crammed with some of his stuff. Apparently they tossed out a junk, but Jack kept some of his personal belongings "alive", like Sha're's picture which stands on the bedside table. Daniel doesn't recognize her.

Jack leaves and Daniel goes to sleep and dreams of Sha're.

He goes to Teal'c to tell him the news. It's a heart-breaking scene because Daniel's child-like euphoria over remebering someone and now being sure the memories are "all in there somewhere" stands in stark contrast to Teal'c's reaction, who realizes he has to tell Daniel the only person he remembers -his wife- is dead.

Okay, that's about in the middle of the episode so I'll stop now. :)

Hope you get to see it soon and I could give you a bit of insight. :D

Originally posted by Lonewolf89
I really enjoyed this episode. The only thing I felt was missing was a warm welcome. No one hugged, Daniel, told him they were glad to have him back, or even that he was missed.

I think they'd want to but, Danny-boy didn't want them to even touch him so I guess it was a bit of an aukward situation. As I mentioned I haven't seen The Season Finally of S6 so this is my first time seeing Danny again. I found it interesting that his last words when he croked...ah...ascented were "I don't know (in answer to Jack asking where he was going & whether he'd see him again) and then his first words back alive were "I don't now" in answer to who he was.

Originally posted by skoon
I think they'd want to but, Danny-boy didn't want them to even touch him so I guess it was a bit of an awkward situation.

Yeah, you’re probably right there.

P.S. Loved your sig! The Fith Race was one of my favorite eps.

hee hee, thanx. I have yet another favourite quote now from S7 "everyone turn away, I want no witnesses"

I forgot to mention, I hadn't realized how giddy I get when I haven't read spoilers before watching an episode. None of S5/S6 was a serprise to me, perhaps that's why I didn't enjoy it as much, also the fact that I've watched most of it on Mini vision. All I knew of this ep was the chance of seeing Danny naked. other than that it was all a surprise so I quite enjoyed it. I also liked how Danny is acting more like Jack now that he doesn't remember who he is himself. Perhaps that shows how much Jack did mean to him? By joking how Jack jokes, it's Danny's unconcious way of remembering their friendship? Just a thought. I laughted a lot anyhow.

Another point I found interesting...& refressing. Jack didn't blindly trust Sam's plan like he always seems to. He kept questioning it & saying it was a bad idea. Usually its, ok Sam what's up your sleve, let's do it, you're super Sam.

Loved how we get to see Jack & Sam fly together, reminding us that they ARE after all in the airforce. I thought it funny that that whole scene seeme to have been taken out of Starwars, made it feel like, finally we humans are advancing, making that next step into the Enterprise.

Just my 2 & a half cents worth;)

I loved the little line 'I thought we were going for Red Leader on this one'! Yeah, they were ripping off Star Wars, but at least they acknowledged it. :)

Okay, one thing that really bugged me about this ep - the shield thing. So now, apparently, you can fly right through a Goa'uld designed shield when in hyperspace. Now, the Goa'uld have had shields for, well, centuries, I'm guessing. Why has it never occured to any of them to try this on their enemies? Even if the ship going through the shields rematerialized inside the ship they were attacking, it'd still cause a hell of a lot of damage. Just really bugged me.

Of course, that's not to say the sequence was any less cool :D

Raptor

didn't Carter keep saying that they had to wait 'til Nubby charged the weapon. Perhaps they were taking the Star Trek idea that when charging weapons, shields are temporarily down...I think that's how it was...

I think why they needed to wait untill the weapon charged was becuase then they could take out the cooling unit and make it overload, I don't think it had anything to do with the shield. They only waited on going in because otherwise they'd be stuck inside when waiting for the weapon to fire up.

Hey! I finally saw both the eps, and you guys are right, they were really cool!:D

I can't wait to see this ep, but I gotta wait till Sept (bummer!) :(

Eh - I'm like skydiver - it was okay -

big on plot, short on action / adventure

and there was a lot of 'Star Wars' feel to it --

I think leaving Daniel 'out' or 'off world' a bit longer would have been more believable - unless they could come up with a better reason for his memory to just randomly start appearing - b/c that part - *not* an intriguing mystery - it sounded more like 'Oh, well, we need a way for Daniel to want to go back and he needs all his memory parts, so, eh, we'll just let him and the team wonder about what's going on until we come up with a better answer.' - total cop-out, IMO.

Yeah - they 'cleaned up' some stuff, but they just tried to shove too much into this.

**waiting for tomorrow night's ep - maybe it'll be better**

I have a funny feeling daniel will replace jonas in the 'ok, we need to explain plot point/back story A to the audience so Daniel, here you ask about it so sam can explain it to you' (think about jonas' lines in Nightwalkers, explaining the adrian conrad backstory)

on the upside, maybe that'll eliminate the 'jack plays dumb so sam can explain' bits....but if it happens every episode, it's gonna get real old real fast

yes, b/c that's the easy way out -- instead of writing it up nicely so that you can do both 'explain backstory' and 'move the plot forward' ---

there are other ways to explain backstory w/o someone being 'clueless' to explain it to - *sigh*

I fear you are correct, skydiver.

And yes, 'not dumb Jack' would be great - b/c he's not and that bugs me - but 'explain it all to me Daniel' will grow old real fast.

I really liked this episode. I thought they brought Daniel back in a very realistic way. I liked that he got to act non-Daniel-like for a while when he didn't remember anyone. It was a nice change.

Just wondering.....do most of you out there read about the episodes on the site before watching them? I was just curious because I avoid reading anything about eps I haven't seen yet, I don't even watch the commercials for the next weeks show. It makes the show much more exciting for me when I have NO idea what its about. Then everything is a surprise! It's really cool. I was just wondering if anyone else out there does the same thing?

I could never do that. Too anxious to see what's next.

I actually like some spoilers. I like to know what to expect when it comes to over-all plot and guest-charecters, ect. I don't want to know the entire thing and how the problems are resolved, but I like knowing ahead of time waht is going on and what over-all to expect.

I like to know if there's S/J shippiness... Skoon ducks & runs...:D

I read hardly any episodes in advance, I think this might be only like the third one I've ever read. But c'mon I needed to know Danny was coming back!

Why exactly did O'Neill pilot the X-302 during this episode? 45 is ancient for a fighter pilot and the USAF would have almost certainly selected a pilot with recent combat flight experience. Most fighter pilots retire from this role in their mid thirties; the slowing of reactions by aging makes middle-aged pilots unsuitable for this type of work.