7.01: Fallen

I was away sick for 2 days & when I came back the download page was gone & I didn't get to see the season finally for S6:( soooo unfair. S6 doesn't start 'til Sept. for us on tv, sniff sniff...

If you're in Britain and have Sky, Skoon then Season 6 finale is about to be aired, 6pm on sky1, look this evening, Prophesy was last night, so it will be on tonight.:D :D

Originally posted by Steffi
If you're in Britain and have Sky, Skoon then Season 6 finale is about to be aired, 6pm on sky1, look this evening, Prophesy was last night, so it will be on tonight.:D :D

Nope Canada. The studio is literally down the hill from my house but we don't get S6 'til September:mad:

Oh!! I'm really sorry skoon:( :(

Would you like me come over there and give the studio what for:angryfire :evil:

'ang on....you said down the road, wow
(I've always wanted to go to Canada.)

How come you get it so late???? it's filmed there. :confused:

Arcy I saw it again too :D :D

a long time till season 6 and then even longer till season 7!!

Poor you :( and poor me who has not yet finished season 5.

American show. They don't care if it's filmed here. I don't mind mini vision, it's just that mini vision seems to be out of commission at the mo. & I didn't get a chance to download the season finally. I hope when it's up & running with S7 they'll put the last ep of S6 up again...:rolleyes:

when does season 7 air on american tv seeing as i'm in Boston from 9th June for a year

Oh you lucky guys:rolly2:

I don't know when we get season 7 in Britain.:(

Does anyone know?

Originally posted by Steffi
Oh you lucky guys:rolly2:

I don't know when we get season 7 in Britain.:(

Does anyone know?

proabably the end of september, tis when we usually get it :D

HEy! Can someone post a review of the eppie after it comes out , cuz I won't get to see it until september! Please!!!!!!:D

I just downloaded and watched the episodes and...WOW!

Okay, I have to say my expectations were very high and they didn't manage to live up to them completely, but they definately did a great job and tried to address all issues I wanted addressed.

The emotion, the action, the humour, everything had to fit in a very short amount of time and they made the best out of it.

I can't post a review without watching it again more closely (and it doesn't help I only saw the squinty vision).

Some of my favourite scenes though...do I need spoilers here?
Well, just in case...

SPOILERS FOR FALLEN/SEASON SEVEN

The naked Daniel scene was done very tastefully, but they *could* have zoomed in closer...lol

Loved the scene right in the beginning when Daniel opens his eyes, totally confused and he also looked a bit panicky. His first words after someone asks who he is: "I don't know."
Said very angsty too. Wonderful.

Loved the scene in the elevator. Jonas finally thinks he got the translation of the tablet, storms down the halls of the SGC, runs down some SF's (reminded me very much of Daniel in 'Small Victories' when he dashes to the gate room) and reaches the elevator. And in there is....Martin Wood! It was priceless, sweet little cameo on MW's part.

SG-1 finally sees Daniel for the first time and I got goosbumps. Very fine acting on RDA's part, aswell as AT and CJ (although my attention was on Jack). He looks like he's not believing Daniel's there and his tentative: "Daniel?" was wonderful.
All of SG-1 look expectantly at him, but he doesn't remember them. So Sam reaches out to touch him, saying: "It's okay, Daniel, it's me, Sa..." - but she doesn't get much farther, because as she tries to touch Daniel's arm he stops her and brushes her off. She looks shattered, Daniel has a look of: "Get away from me, I don't know you."
They ask him if he doesn't remember them and he murmurs: "I'm sorry." and brushes by them. They look shocked. Jack asks: "Not even me?" Seems to bug him.

Both tent scenes were beautiful. First Jack tries to talk to Daniel, then Sam. Loved Daniel asking Sam if there was something between them. Sam tells him no, they were just really, really good friends. And he refers to Jack as Jim...lol

The infirmary scene was great. Janet hands Daniel his glasses and he puts them on for the first time...and I was surprised how quickly he morphs from Daniel to being 'Daniel'. lol
It's just....I don't know what exactly happened, but as soon as he had the glasses on..it was like *snips fingers* - he was our 'Daniel' again. Fascinating. Jack then asks if Danny recognizes him *now* with his glasses on (LOL, it *really* bugged him Daniel doesn't remember him). Daniel looks at him and asks: "Has your hair always been like this?" I cracked up.

They give Daniel a VIP room and put some of his stuff in there, maybe to jog his memory. Loved the fact they stored his stuff (Daniel actually asks why they kept it if they thought he was dead). But a real warm fuzzies moment when Jack says he kept some of Daniel's 'personal' belongings and the camera shows Sha're's picture on the nightstandm which Danny pics up, asking what her name is. Ahhhh!

There's a short shot of Daniel sleeping in the VIP room, waking up and grabbing Sha're's picture. He looked so alone and lonely in the dark, a small figure in a biiig empty bed. Done greatly.

One of my favourite scenes has to be the following Daniel/Teal'c scene. After waking up he goes to Teal'c's quarters and states as he holds up Sha're's pic: "Her name is Sha're. Nobody told me that, I remembered it on my own." And he has the cutest little smile. It's heart-breaking to see him all smiles and you already know what is going to come, Teal'c looking sick, then quickly away. He has to tell Daniel that she is dead and we can assume they talked more about it off-camera, so to speak. Poor Teal'c!!!!!

Then we have a nice briefing room scene. SG-1 minus Daniel are there when he 'barks' in. Hammond tells him that it's classified, but Danny says he feeled he just needed to be there. They let him attend. He cracks a joke I didn't quite catch about not remembering their names, Jack plays along and answers: "Nice one." to which Daniel replies: "Thanks, Jim." Jack is *not* amused, I roared with laughter. It was very funny.

From then on it gets more action oriented and I'd have to watch it again to give a synopsis. I don't even remember the name of the ship Jack and Sam flew, but it was the same as the one Jack flew in season six.

Anyone else? :D

all inall, it was rather mediocre. Last year by now, I'd watched redempetion once or twice more...i'm gonna watch this again just to take notes for the compendium, but there was nothing horribly spectacular.

yes, daniel descends naked. whatever. a shot done simply to titilate his fans.

fallen moves slowly, it's like rob cooper got all tangled up trying to fit three hours worth of plot into one and so it got all mish-mashed together.

the guys see daniel, it's like 'oh well ok'. they talk him into coming back, he does.
during the course of this they set up Yu's difficulties, the get them selves out of the corner the writers had gotten themselves into by giving nuby the death star. well gee, they gave him the ultimate weapon, now they gotta take it away because there's no way it'd be believable that nuby didn't use it for all of season 7.

daniel's amnesia.....convenient for the plot. yes, he doesn't have all the knowledge of the ancients....right now. but we see hints that he will become the super repository of all plot necessary knowledge at just the right moments for the rest of the season.
remember how folks complained about sam's convenient use of jolinar's memories and hating it....it's going to be the same way with daniel. he'll know JUST what he needs to know when he needs to know it.

The attack on the ship, blatant star wars homage/rip off. Just like the ship lowering over kelowna's city is a blatant nod to ID4.

by the end, nuby has jonas' knowledge (does jonas still have the golf ball from hell in his head???), they mimic the scene from the movie but now it's jonas saving danny's life, jonas willingly steps aside to allow daniel his place on the team and is conveniently packed off to Kelowna (where his people now want and need him), nuby's death star is destroyed although nuby survives to mimic darth vader another day.

it's two hours of setup, 'fixing' full circle and opening plot threads to kick off another season.
Jack is in full one-liner mode, Yu's on his way to dying (hey, maybe oma will ascend him too?) and we got to see Pyrus from Need and catherine from 1969 and maybe that one guy was Jamal from first commandment

a good show, sure, fantastic, no.
It's like a fic you read where folks are writing because they have to, not because their muse is speaking to them. there was no real spark, no real excitement ....it was...there.

Fallen and Homecoming looked promising for what's to come next but I will truly miss Jonas.

Okay, I think Daniel back on the team is fine but they could have kept Jonas as well...two minds are better than one, right!

Hey Skoon, if you want and if it's even possible I could send you Full Circle via email.

Greetz,

Falcon Horus ;)

Review

I have to say that I enjoyed the season premiere very much. It kept my attention and made me laugh a couple times. I wasn't disappointed in the least, even though It reminded me a lot of Star Wars, especially the music I kept waiting for the Imperial March to be played. But I think they may have done that on purpose? (Jack made a few references to various sci-fi movies... but then again that's not uncommon with him)

Well actually I take that back, the only thing I didn't care for was the ending... it felt very rushed. I thought that could have been done better.

Maybe it was just me, but didn't it seem like there's going to be a "darker tone" to this season? I enjoyed the "lowdown" before the series premiere. It was great to see they're just as geeky as the rest of us. Amanda Tapping is either a nut or just extremely sleep deprived!!!

Oh and the whole Daniel naked thing...that was a total waste. Sure he was naked? That was such a marketing ploy... how disappointing. Not that I was expecting to see full on nudity, but it could have been a little longer of a shot with his shirt off.

Oh well, maybe next time.