Jack's full name

spooky

resident smartass
on all the official sites and every other site Jack's full name is written as Jonathan 'Jack' O'Neil,
but in the episode where Carter's brain is downloaded into the computer, there is a screen shot where the characters profiles are flashed up on a computer screen and Jack's full name is John O'Neill.
i'm confused, is his name Jonathan or John?

It really is confusing... I *think* the Jonathan part comes from the movie... But I'd have to check... Personnaly, I prefer Jonathan to John...

i love Jonathan too but i was kinda confused when i saw Entity.
i'm gonna miss epi rerun on sky one. i'm back at uni when it airs

yeah *study* the wonders of stargate. why didn't i study egyptology?

I seriously concidered the option!!!!

I'm now stuying engineering but find it so boring that next year I'll change and study translation... :)

there is an up side to it i can technobabble just like Sam and get very confused looks of my very own Jack
i decided that i'd do medicine after i finished so i can be like Janet

Hey Spooky! medecine is great! I thought about it but I must confess I don't have :) Good luck!

I read that one somewhere too.... I just don,t think there is an official version of it....

Indy here again:

In my tales, I had given him the name of Jonathan Angus Patrick "Jack" O'Neill for the simple reason he's Irish. For the record, I gave Daniel two middle names as well.

Indy.

I think that Jack is a reasonably common nickname for John - although more commonly given as a name in it's own right these days - I've definitely seen it as a nickname for John but not sure about Jonathan.

Back