Question about the ending of the rigante series :Stormrider *spoiler*

I know this is a really late reply, but I just finished Stormrider and I have a few musings.

With regards to places in it, I think Shelding must be chesterfield. This is because it says the church there has a bent spire, just like in the real life chesterfield.

Also, I didn't get it at the end with Feargol in Uzamatte (America). He wanted to stop that native guy from giving the varlish the food, but when the native guy said he was going to give it to them, Feargols 'unease' about the varlish disappears. Why? I thought he was trying to stop them from doing to America what they did to europe.
Because it was the right thing to do my friend that is why the unease vanished. Even though these compound people if survive would over run and destroy the world , it was still the right thing to not let them starve..... Classic Gemmill

Funny - I just Googled how the golden musket ball could have killed Gaise and was brought straight here. :)

So, just to clarify, it wasn't just that Cerunnos was vulnerable to gold - but also the fact the Mulgrave doing the deed imitated the original fraternity of Rigantis?