Ascifi's Top Scifi, Fantasy and Horror movies of 2002

Tabitha

Save Angel!
So... it is the end of 2002, and I thought, why not have a "Best of..." vote?

Below you will find a whole stack of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Movies from 2002, please choose your five favourite and post them here. The list isn't exhaustive, please feel free to berate me for being stupid.

Next week, I will take the most popular five and put them in a poll, and we can choose Ascifi's favourite genre movie of the year. It'll be fun, honest!

Whaddya say, interested?

Lilo & Stitch
Equilibrium
13 Ghosts
Reign of Fire
Pluto Nash
Queen of the Damned
The Mothman Prophecies
The Others
MInority Report
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Solaris
Star Trek: Nemesis
Donnie Darko
Vanilla Sky
Spider-Man
Signs
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
28 Days Later
Men in Black II
Dog Soldiers
Eight Legged Freaks
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Scooby Doo

Looking forward to reading all your picks... :D

These are the only ones I got to see:

Originally posted by Tabitha
Minority Report
Vanilla Sky
Men in Black II
Scooby Doo

Though I will be seeing The Two Towers and Nemesis as soon as possible.

The best is hard to say. Some were better than expected: Harry Potter. Some weren't as good as expected: Men In Black II

I am going to see Nemesis on opening day (Thursday 1st), and hopefully I will see TTT before then. Before seeing those, my provisional top five are:

Donnie Darko
Vanilla Sky
28 Days Later
Minority Report
AOTC

AOTC will probably be bumped by TTT, I don't know if Nemesis will be good enough to make my top five...

I've just realized how many movies i didnt actually get to see this year :rolleyes:

1- TTT
2- AoTC
3- Spider Man
4- Hopefully Nemesis will go here
5- Minority Report

These are the only ones i've seen worthy of a top 5 spot. Nemesis'll probably be number 4 when i go see it :D

Hey did Blade II come out this year btw?

xxx

My extensive list:
1. The Two Towers
2. Spiderman (and I waited for it to come out on DVD to see it)

And I'm going to see Nemesis when its released here, so that can hopefully be my number three.
Not a very extensive top five, but you did ask for them ;).

I managed to see almost all of these flicks (shock!) so here's my top five:

1) LotR: tTT
2) Signs
3) Minority Report
4) SW: AotC
5) Spider-Man

Nemesis was awesome, but among these, not one of my top five... I liked The Others, too, but SW just HAD to go on my list. :)

Well. I've not seen that many films this year but top five have to be:-

1 - Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets
2 - Star Wars - Attack of the Clones
3 - Spiderman
4 - Blade 2
5 - The Others

Not yet seen Nemesis but hoping to see 2/1/2003

annette :)

Originally posted by pkgrl

Nemesis was awesome, but among these, not one of my top five... I liked The Others, too, but SW just HAD to go on my list. :)
I felt that way about SW too - it almost needs to be out in a little category of its own, with The Two Towers and Bond, and maybe Star Trek too.

Reign of Fire narrowly missed making my list - hokey but fun :D

The movies I have missed are:

Lilo & Stitch
Equilibrium
13 Ghosts
Pluto Nash
Solaris
Men in Black II
Eight Legged Freaks

Equilibrium, and Solaris aren't out here yet, but I am very much looking forward to them. Lilo and Stitch - well, I kinda feel like I saw that already from watching the adverts that just never seemed to stop :rolleyes:

Should be seeing Potter soon too...

I have only caught 5 of the films listed, so I guess that makes it easy to list my top 5 choices, though I'm finding it hard to decide the order.

1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets:
    Ok, ok! I admit it! I have finally been caught up in the charm that is Harry Potter. This second movie was much, much better than the first. I've even gone and ordered the next 2 books from amazon.
  2. Spider-Man:
    Very cool film! SFX were pretty classy, story was fine, cast were good. Lets hope the second is just as good.
    One thing bothered me though...
    Ok, if I was bitten by a spider I think I would pretty much freak out and tell the teacher, students, staff.... I wouldn't just go home. (Of course, the movie would have taken a different course if Parker had of done that)
  3. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones:
    Enjoyable. Yoda kicks ass. Better than the Phantom menace (which face it, isn't that hard! hehe).
  4. Lilo & Stitch:
    Animation - my life, and the animation was amazing.
    It missed that old fairy tale charm of the old disney classics, but hey, you've got to move with the times! It was still heart-tugging and pretty damn funny. Oh! And Stitch is so cute!
  5. The Others:
    Made me more respectful to Kidman (you don't wanna know what I used to think of her!). Sometimes I found it moving too slow, but in away that was part of it's charm. However, I didn't really find it frightening. Nice ending though!
    [/list=1]

Ok I have only seen four of the films on that list so I wil put them into my top four!

The Mothman Prophecies (scared me to death!)

The Others (Great twist)

Villilla Sky (kinda weird but good)

Men in Black II (Not as good as the first!)

1)Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets
2)The two towers
3)men in black 2
4)reign of fire
5)the others

~*didnt the others come out like 2 years ago????

lotr TTT
star wars episode 2
harry potter and the chamber if secrets
spider man
mib 2

Well, of that list, I've only seen abt 4 -- 3 sucked -- "The Others," "MIIB" and "13 Ghosts" (only good part of the last one was JR Bourne and his blue eyes, other than that - ugh) --

the other one is the one I'm gonna have to vote for -- "Lilo and Stitch" -- it really is a cute movie - and one that I probably wouldn't have seen if my mom hadn't bought it for my neice - but it is really cute -- so, that's my vote --

--I only saw parts of "Scooby Doo" - (it sucked too) - so it doesn't count on m'list --- not that I would have voted for it - ugh - what was that? a reject of one of Joss Whedon's BtVS scripts?? please -

mmm... pie.

Haven't seen many, I guess.. shame. Of the few viewed, I nominate:

1. TTT
2. AoTL
3. TTT

:freak4:

Originally posted by meaghan_maxwell

~*didnt the others come out like 2 years ago????

I am pretty sure all these movies had a 2002 release in either the UK or US, so some may be a 2001 US release that we in the UK only got to see this year.

np

looks like we have a fair few faves out in front, no surprise there I suppose....

Well i have to admit that I thought the second hp movie was better than TTT. I can't wait for the special edition of TTT though. maybe that will change my mind.:D;)

ANyway here my list of 2002 faves as of now:
1Harry Potter:COS
2LOTR:TTT
3StarWarsII
4Men in Black II
5Ice Age

Maybe if I saw Nemesis men in black would get bumped but I haven't seent that one yet. What about treasure Planet? I haven't seen that one yet either but I'm dying to see it!

My five favorites are the following, I have to admit that I haven't seen yet much of the movies in the list. So probably I will enjoy some of them when I see it. From this list I haven't seen 2 of them but I'm sure they're great for the specials I have see of it.;)

13 Ghosts
The Others
Star Trek: Nemesis
Spider-Man

Krystal :p

I don't think Treasure Planet comes out in the UK until March or so, although I have noticed Billboards are up for it already. I heard it didn't go down to well at the box office in the US :(