2.17: Rosetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkCity545

The Truth Is Out There
2.17 Rosetta

Air Date February 25th

Clark is being summoned by the key to find out about himself. Lex is right on his heels, determined to find out the meaning of the cave drawings. Lex admits to Clark that the drawings are extra-terrestrial .

Clark gets an e-mail from Dr. Swann (Christopher Reeves) a man who has not spoken to anyone in 13 years, he holds a message for Clark from his home planet.

Meanwhile Lana decides to move out of Chloe's house after the two girls get into another argument about Clark.

Now this one was AWESOME!!!

Not just the fact that Christopher Reeves was on the show, but that Clark finally got some back bone to find out more about himself!!

Finally Jonathan and Martha are going to let him explore, or should I say grow up.

Lex is getting very close to the truth.

I really loved it when the Superman theme played as Clark turned to look at Dr. Swann! It was just to sweet!

Just once I would like to see Chole and Lana duck it out over Clark maybe then Chole can get over it!!!

Yes, this ep was awesome. Loved it.

Do you think the cave does anything else?

Was I the only one, or did the message in the ship seem way off? It was either mistranslated, or something.

I don't think the archeologist had enouph of a burst to give him much "knowledge"... Clark was in that stream for at least 5 seconds. The archeologist was shot back instantly and the beam stopped... maybe knowing he wasn't a krypton.

yeah i think it was cause he wasnt clark and cause mabye his brain couldnt handle the knowledge for why that happened to him.

as for the episode as a whole i loved it, very well done, im still mad that they are streching the not telling people theme, but i guess i shouldnt be, tis how they have dont every other Superman show.
i did like the apperance Christopher Reeves made he did really well:p, also was happy to see clark get out from under his parents thumb finally,, took him long enough. I didnt like the idea of how the message in the ship was written, it seems that his parents should have worded it better, but the way it could twist the plot is kinda cool:p:rolly2:

Originally posted by timdgreat
im still mad that they are streching the not telling people theme, but i guess i shouldnt be, tis how they have dont every other Superman show.

It has been the same for all the shows about Superman. The original series with George Reeves no one knew. In Lois & Clark only his parents and Lois knew. In the movie, Lois found out but Superman put the hex on her so she would forget. In Smallville only Pete and his parents know.

But Lex is close to the truth!!!!

He'll die at some point. Maybe because of something Clark does (or doesn't) do. That may be what causes Lex and Clark to become enemies. Death of Daddy Luthor.

This episode ROCKED ! fantastic. We finally get Clark finding out about his heritage, and was it me, or was one of the lines in the message the same as from the first film 'We will be with you all the days of your life' - maybe it wasn't but it rang some bell with me

And Chris Reeve - don't know what to say other than I thought he was brilliant. I have always always loved that man, from the first time I saw him in that Time Travel film with Jane Seymour. I could go on and on about how great he is but won't cos this is not the place but I do so hope we get to see more of his Dr Swann

And the placing of the theme music, could not have been better and literally brought a tear to my eye - can't help it I am sentimental softy!

Status
Not open for further replies.