2.15: Prodigal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkCity545

The Truth Is Out There
2.15 Prodigal

Lex recovers his long-lost brother Lucas (mentioned in "Lineage") from a situation with Asian criminals and brings him to Smallville as a ploy to buy out his father. Lucas switches sides with Lionel (who set the whole thing up), kicking out Lex who moves in with the Kents. But Lucas has plans of his own and figures out Lionel can see (as does Lex later). Lex figures things out while some of Lucas' gambling "partners" show up to make things rough for him. Lionel taunts Lucas into going after Lex, and Lucas decides to go with homicide and force Lionel to shoot him. It turns out Lionel set up everything to play the two against each other but when Lucas threatens to kill Lex, Lionel gets the gun (with some secret help from Clark) and shoots Lucas . . . but the gun has blanks ? Lex and Lucas teamed up to play Lionel. Lionel gives back Lex control of the company in return for his silence in the matter and Lex keeps Lucas under his protection.

Meanwhile, Clark applies for a job at the Talon but the situation becomes hazy when Lucas butts in as Lana's new partner. He ends up losing the job to go rescue Lionel and Lex, who don't need it anyway - leaving the Clark/Lana relationship up in the air once more.

ok well i saw it and thought it was an interesting epy. i liked the idea of another Luther, even though it seems to be a commonly used idea in TV shows. i wasnt really suprised about the fact that Linal wasnt blind i had been suspecting it for some time. What i really liked in this episode was how every one in the Luther was playing each other, it was really confusing for a bit, but was really great at the end. Im starting to get really mad that Clarck wont tell LAna about his powers, its getting really annoying, i guess thats supposed to be that way, but still in the last couple of episodes he has looked like hes going to and then he just walks away:mad: idiot he is.

the one thing that really got me wanting to see the next episode was the fact that Linal seems to be putting the peices together about Clark, hes getting more and more hints like every episode, i wonder what hes goint to do with it all later:p :rolly2:

no if anything i would think he would be worse, cause he seems more ruthless than Lionel:rolly2:

well i'd like to see, but at the end of the ep Lex said that Lucas was under his protection, which made it sound like he's just gonna be hidden away somewhere, rarely mentioned and we'll never see him again, which would be disappointing because he's cool :D

Also the thing about Lionel putting together the pieces - well maybe he didn't. When Lex asked him how long he'd been able to see he mentioned "a few weeks and it's surprising what people will do right in front of your eyes if they think you can't see." I wonder if he saw Clark perform the rescue on him and Martha from his office???

All in all a good episode - i like how Jonathan Kent finally seems to be coming around to Clark.

Originally posted by Maria8475
Also the thing about Lionel putting together the pieces - well maybe he didn't. When Lex asked him how long he'd been able to see he mentioned "a few weeks and it's surprising what people will do right in front of your eyes if they think you can't see." I wonder if he saw Clark perform the rescue on him and Martha from his office???

that was the first thing I thought when Lionel said he could see now for a few weeks - but then, I seem to remember that when he and Martha were being held captive he only started freaking out when someone mentioned there were some files on the floor as well as the other stuff from the safe - so on balance I am thinking that he didn't see Clark doing the superhero thing.

One thing that came across in the ep to me - Clark was actually jealous of Lucas !!!! when they were playing basketball he was really getting riled wasn't he. I think it was a good thing that we could see that in Clark, shows that he is not perfect Mr Cool all the time - OK we all know he is not Mr Cool around Lana anyway - but that is a teenage boy hormone thing, what I saw in this ep was a gut reaction jealously thing. He clearly thinks of himself as Lex's brother and didn't like Lucas turning up one bit. Mind you, the guy is a total nutter so can't say he didn't make a good call there!

Seeing as the rose was still in the bin, i'm guessing this ep was set the day after last weeks ep. If that is true, then Lex seems to have gotten over his argument with Clark incredibly quickly. Clark tells Lex to get lost, the next day Lex goes over to Clark's house like nothing happened? Don't get that.

Who was the guy playing Lucas? I recognised him from somewhere, and now its bugging me. :(
I hope we get to see some more of Lucas, he was cool.:p

Lucas was played by Paul Wasilewski from:

American Dreams
The Edge
Wolf Lake
Guiding Light
Another World
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
The Education of Max Bickford

Minority Report (movie)

Wow, big resume! It was actually Wolf Lake i remembered him from, thanks DarkCity. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.