Why fans should make Trek

Just watched it! Very impressive job they did there! Sheesh, that's the best storyline I've seen for a ST film in a long time. A film like this or close to it could definitely revive the franchise.

Thanks for the link, I'd love to see something like this done but I won't hold my breath!

That's the scary thing - the fact that a couple of "amatuers" were able to bring such a sense of vigour and freshness to Trek. :)

It was pretty superb the way they were able to involve all the Trek captains in some form - and there were some very nice touches - McCoy as the new holographic doctor, for example. :)

I said:
That's the scary thing - the fact that a couple of "amatuers" were able to bring such a sense of vigour and freshness to Trek.
No doubt, I think the problem with the producers of ST is that they keep trying to make a movie that will appeal to everyone instead of really paying attention to what fans want. Who knows.

I said:
It was pretty superb the way they were able to involve all the Trek captains in some form - and there were some very nice touches - McCoy as the new holographic doctor, for example.
That was really cool seeing McCoy in there, I've given the file to a few friends of mine and they loved it too!

By the way, if you want to hear Bill Shatners latest single, click the link below. He does a hilarious cover of Common People by Pulp:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/av/common_people.mov

I nearly choked from laughing so hard!

I'm hoping to watch this when I'm at work tomorrow, with a T2 internet connection 17Mb should download in a matter of seconds... :D

At home with a 56K dial-up connection, it'll take a matter of hours - and probably crash just before 99%!!! ;)

I've read stories written by Trek fans, and some of the ideas were fantastic... At one point Paramount were paying fans to submit stories for the shows...

Fans tend to be fantatical by their very natures, and can get right into the characters in a way that hollywood writers can't...

When I was organising conventions, there were people who'd put on little shows (playing the various characters) and they were damn good... :D

That is a really good trailer... Lots of thought put into it, by Kirk fans (may they rot in hell!!!)... :D

But do we really want Kirk back??? :eek:

I'd vote for the movie being made.

The part about all the Trekkers being placed together on film would be a fan's dream.

THanks for the link. more people should know about this.

The core objection is quite valid, though - if you are going to kill off a starship captain, you have to do it with style - most notably, going down with their ship. Kirk and the Enterprise were one - they should've gone together saving humanity. Falling off a cliff was lame, but there were a number of points about that film that were a bit pants.

I liked the premise of "The Return" Kirk was resurrected by the Borg.

Then the Trilogy with the Mirror, Mirror universe. The battle with his alter ego Tiberius was definitely worth watching.

Will they eventually have a new cast for the original crew, I wonder?