Nemesis got the short end of the stick.

STC

I read and heard many reviews that this movie is all hype. Im still going to see it tonight though. :D

I heard Nemesis was supposted to be 3+ hrs uncut. But the directors wanted an action movie.

Anyone know?

From what I've heard it is going to be one of the better Trek movies. I would see it anyway. The only two I didn't see at the cinema on first release were 2 & 3. And 2 - 'The Wrath of Khan' is considered one of the best, if not the best.

As for the cuts -- we have a discussion going on here: http://www.ascifi.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12033

You can believe whoever you want, but Rick Berman and Paramount say there were no cuts.

I saw it last night with my Star Trek club. It was great. I don't know if we got any new recruits, but it was fun anyway. I would definitely rent a DVD & see it again.

Most Trek fan are going to love the movies anyway.

I have liked all the trek movies...TOS and TNG....

Said it many times before ....love all trek....always have...always will.

The Simitar was a bad a** ship....was it not?

Stryker

This had to be probably the worst Film I watched in 2002. I love star trek but i hate rubbish.

And this film was rubbish, the fact that you have anything good to say about this film means that you are either extremely blinkered or in storng need of medical counsel.

It was a poor rip-off of TWOK and the word continuity seemed to be ommited from Rick and Co's vocabulary.

It was sooooo bad that buy the end of the film I was close to slitting my wrists or jumping infront of a bus.....

Khatab - please read our boards 'rules of etiquette' and refrain from personal attacks on other members.

I can respect your points of view, as wrong as they may be, without personally attacking you.

Originally posted by khatab
This had to be probably the worst Film I watched in 2002.
Are you saying that you aren't much of a film buff then?

The Imdb list of the worst 100 films has 4 from 2002. 'Nemesis' is not one of them. 'Rollerball' was, and that film was on a completely different scale of rubbishness!

'Nemesis' was not even the worst Star Trek film, it had good moments such as the Simitar as Stryker said. Sorry, but I don't see any connection with the 'Wrath of Khan'.

It did, however, have some seriously weak plots that they SHOULD have cut out of it -

Remans are Space Vampires
The buggy racing
Yet another family reunion for Data
Picard's evil twin

the first trek ships I fell in love with were the D'Deridex warbirds, and these valdore type warbirds are the sexiest ships ever. I found the scimitar to be... a little too brutish for my taste.