(Found) Title in Question

aardvarkg4

Speculation is essential.
I have in mind a certain premise from a sci-fi book or story, and I can't recall the title or author. If anyone knows of a good way/site to solve this, I'd appreciate a recommendation.

For those confident enough in their knowlege of sci-fi literature, read on:

The premise involved wormhole technology. The characters discovered the technology to control wormhole placement not only in space but then in time. They then placed a sort of camera and held the wormholes open allowing them to see anywhere and anywhen. This resulted in many major social ramifications, including inflicting a conscience onto the masses.

I really would like to reference this in an essay on attempts at utopia. If it sounds familiar, give a holler. Thanks.

aArdvark

Sorry aardvarkg4 this one really has me stumped. Your synopsis doesn't even really sound that familiar to me :( Someone else might be able to help you out in here...

I'll see if I can turn anything up

Ah Ha!

I figured it out! It's a novel called "The Light of Other Days" by Clarke/Baxter. Thanks nonetheless. (It's a good book, of course. It's Clarke.)

Well done aardvarkg4 !

Have to confess I don't remember that one at all!

Please return and tell us a little more about it?

The Light fo Other Days

It is Arthur C. Clarke copywrite 2000, so you wouldn't have to remember far. I won't spoil plotline anymore, I'll just say it's quite good. It does take place on earth, which can be a nice change :lol: But yes, good social commentary.

Back