Season 7 Cast members sign ...

Rowan

Just in on SciFi Wire:

Stargate Cast Returning

9:00am ET, 15-November-02

Stargate Cast Returning

The SCI FI Channel confirmed that Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge and Don S. Davis will return as regular cast members of the channel's original series Stargate SG-1 in the show's upcoming seventh season. Corin Nemec also returns in the recurring role of Jonas Quinn. Tapping reprises the role of Maj. Samantha Carter, Judge plays Teal'c and Davis returns as Gen. George Hammond.

Earlier, the SCI FI Channel confirmed that Michael Shanks was coming back as a regular cast member, playing Dr. Daniel Jackson and joining series star Richard Dean Anderson as Col. Jack O'Neill. The network earlier this month announced that it had renewed the show for a full 22-episode new season.

Production on the new season is slated to begin in Vancouver, B.C., early next year, for a summer 2003 launch. The remaining original sixth-season episodes will resume on SCI FI on Jan. 10, 2003.

So ... Jonas [and Corin] will still be with us in S7. Good news all around.

Rowan

Interesting....... did you know that people have already picked up on the phrase 'recurring role' for Corin as being negative?

I suppose it does rather imply that his appearances will be a little marginalised and that Michael will take a more prominent role. I really hope it isn't the case, because if so, then TPTB may have already dipped their toes in shark infested waters!

;)

As things go...

Yes, I'm sure folks have - I know I did.

As things go, I don't think there will be 100% 'approval' no matter who gets what billing or number of episodes. To bring another character on board, or back on board, can not help but change the dynamics. A cup of water that was split 4 ways will now be split 5.

We'll have to just wait and see how they work things out. Speculation is the name of the game in human nature. I hope that it won't be done to the detriment of the show and the cast and crew.

Rowan

wow a seventh season. i thought they were gonna finish after six. and with all 5 of them thats gotta be good news!:alienooh:

I hope 'recurring' role means 'as often as Hammond'. That wouldn't be Soooooo bad. I still vote for 5 person team but in reality,would they splerge for 5 main characters? (do they have the money) & if there was a 5 peson team...what would Jonas do? All he does now is quote Danny's jurnals...unless he's going to get super powers that benefit the team (already seeing that come into play in some shape or form from Metamorphasis)...

Back