Season 7 is a "GO"/Shanks' return

S7

Althought some things *were* said at SG-5 at Wolf, other things are being said by MGM at this moment.

We are back in the 'Hurry Up & Wait" mode of information.

rowan

Originally posted by ysm
Remember that show called Farscape?!:rolleyes:
I really don't get why they canceled it. Why cancel your second top rated show?? The Scifi Channel should deal with space and aliens, but they announce that they're pulling away from space and aliens?! What is up with that? Are they going to buy up all the Angel and Buffy reruns? But for MGM and Scifi not to pull a second good year out of SG-1 seems crazy. It's still "fresh" to Scifi viewers that didn't get Showtime.

!!! WAHOO!!! THERES A SEASON 7 OF STARGATE! WOOOO !!!

****hehehe soz, jus very excited***

i hate to be raining on everyone's parades but IT"S NOT OFFICIAL YET!

Until MGM and Sci-fi announce the deal, it's not 'real' the papers haven't been signed and it could all fall apart.

season 7 is very likely (98.5% according to mr. smith) but not a done deal, not yet

I still think they should end it & give us the movie now:rolleyes:

but smith said that even if they dodo a season 7, extreeeeemely likly we will still get a film!! the more the merrier"

I suspect that all the hoo-haa is aimed at generating publicity. O.K., so I'm a cynic. :D

However, N. John Smith did say that R.D.A. will be working shorter hours, three and a half days a week, and will finish filming early (around mid-Aug. IIRC). The season finale will therefore be shot out of sequence before that time so that he can be in the last episode.

MS will be appearing in some so far unspecified capacity. CJ and AT are also both on board - allegedly, so don't sue me, O.K.?

And nobody mentioned CN. Unless the comment about cast changes referred to him.

HTH, Tim? :)

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

I'm still want to hear the details of a possible S7 cast. I've managed to deal with S6 without Daniel and JQ is beginning to grow as a character but has a long way to go.

RDA's participation will be reduced and I accept that as a given. What remains murky is whether MS will be part of the cast in any capacity.

Assuming the continued presence of all others, the question for me remains -- will I still feel a kinship with the show if the two central characters from the film are sporadic or missing entirely?

Of course, only an actual S7 in its new configuration can answer the question, so I guess I'm on board for it with a 'wait and see' attitude.

Just came back from the 'Gate Days' Convention which was held in germany this week-end (Nov, 1st to Nov, 3rd).

N. John Smith said that he still has got no word about season seven, but they should hear from MGM this week.
He was stressing that season seven is possible, but nothing is official yet.
If there will be no season seven they will begin to work on the movie and hopefully MGM will give them a go.

Hope this helps...

damn them they said we would hear something by last week, arg this is annoying beign patient:evil:

IT"S OFFICIAL - WE HAVE IT!

Just in:

On Sci-Fi:

9:00am ET, 7-November-02

SCI FI Renews Stargate

The SCI FI Channel renewed its original series Stargate SG-1 for a full seventh season, the network announced. SCI FI ordered 22 new episodes from MGM. Richard Dean Anderson will stay in his role as both the series' star and executive producer.

"Stargate fans are everywhere," SCI FI president Bonnie Hammer said in a statement. "The ratings prove it. We are delighted to renew SG-1 for a new season. Clearly the show has done phenomenally well for SCI FI, both with original and acquired episodes, and we look forward to another record-breaking year."

SCI FI began airing the series in June, starting with its sixth season, and Stargate SG-1 broke a channel record with its summer finale episode (2.0 rating, 1.6 million households). In October, SCI FI began airing earlier Stargate SG-1 episodes as a Monday-night block, which delivered the biggest average monthly 8-11 p.m. audience for the time period in the network's history.

Production on the new season is slated to begin in Vancouver, B.C., early next year, for a summer 2003 launch. The remaining original sixth-season episodes will resume on SCI FI in January 2003.

Rowan

Season 7 is a "GO"

Word just in from Sci-Fi: ]Sci-Fi:[/URL]

Season 7 is a go. More info as it's discovered.

9:00am ET, 7-November-02

SCI FI Renews Stargate

The SCI FI Channel renewed its original series Stargate SG-1 for a full seventh season, the network announced. SCI FI ordered 22 new episodes from MGM. Richard Dean Anderson will stay in his role as both the series' star and executive producer.

"Stargate fans are everywhere," SCI FI president Bonnie Hammer said in a statement. "The ratings prove it. We are delighted to renew SG-1 for a new season. Clearly the show has done phenomenally well for SCI FI, both with original and acquired episodes, and we look forward to another record-breaking year."

SCI FI began airing the series in June, starting with its sixth season, and Stargate SG-1 broke a channel record with its summer finale episode (2.0 rating, 1.6 million households). In October, SCI FI began airing earlier Stargate SG-1 episodes as a Monday-night block, which delivered the biggest average monthly 8-11 p.m. audience for the time period in the network's history.

Production on the new season is slated to begin in Vancouver, B.C., early next year, for a summer 2003 launch. The remaining original sixth-season episodes will resume on SCI FI in January 2003.

Rowan