Do you have a favourite Odyssey 5 character yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabitha

Save Angel!
I have to say, I kind of like them all. Usually when a new SF show starts there are a few characters I like and some I just don't care for, whether because of the writing or the acting or some other reason.

This show has five people who are all immensely likeable. They all have obvious flaws and feel like real people, bearing in mind of course that being astronauts, scientists and reporters skilled and lucky enough to get on the Space Shuttle in the first place must mean they have some very special gifts or skills compared to your average "real person".

The five of them still manage to represent a broad variety of views and perpectives, and no-one has begun to bug me yet. As you might tell from reading my other posts in this mini-forum, I am quite a fan of Kurt, so he gets my vote :D

ps - there are no "can't decide" options in this poll - make a choice!

Yup kurt gets my vote too, There are just so many things going on in is head. The way he still tries to beat the future, work his way to riches then dig himself out of the mess hes made.

The relationship between Kurt and Chuck is also a winner, a bit like Stargates Jack and Daniel routine.

Ranger

Originally posted by RangerOne SG13 SOR

The relationship between Kurt and Chuck is also a winner, a bit like Stargates Jack and Daniel routine.

Ranger
Oooh that's an interesting way to look at it. I remember having a fleeting thought along those lines in the premiere, but Kurt's sleeziness shone through a lot more than his morals-driven scientist Daniel-like characteristics.
The dynamic between them is kind of similar though, even if the characters aren't direct parallels.

I vote for Kurt because I really enjoy his character with all his interestings approaches to things. :D But I have to say that I like all of them, for me the five are well exposure characters that one totally get into. My second favorite is Chuck, for some reason I also look at him as a Jack's personality. Specially his dry sarcasm. :p

Krystal :D

Go Kurt!!!!

Here is the order in which I like the characters:

Kurt
Chuck
Angela
Neil
Sarah

Although I like them all a lot. Once Sarah has gotten over her (understandable) obsession with her kid I think I will begin to like her a lot more. She is the only one I am currently having any reservations about.

I had to choose Kurt too! he's a great character and is very funny. There's also more to him than meets the eye

i picked neil coz i think he is the nicest.
i love the way he knows all the stuff that his brother needs for his exams
he is also kinda fine

Originally posted by Kitty

he is also kinda fine
Just a little bit ;)

I like Neil a lot. At the beginning I thought he was going to be a petulant teenager type (how on earth did he get on the shuttle, I was wondering), but it quickly became obvious that he really was a lot more mature than the first episode suggested.

I definitely wouldn't like to be going through high school again! :dead:

and his girlfriend! (haven't i seen her somewhere before?)

He is indeed a top bloke, but as the series winds on, I am not loving him so much as I used to. The thing is, no one is really moving up to take his place. As the plot becomes more complicated the five all seem more human and flawed, and it is easier to see their unattractive sides.
This doesn't mean I am going off the show or the characters, just that they seem even more real than ever.

Where have I seen him before?

I vote for Kurt as he is spookily like an ex-housemate of mine (in many ways)!

As for guest characters it has just got to be Harry Mudd (love your sig Dave :D )

I think they're all good characters and here's how I'd rank 'em:

1. Kurt
2. Chuck
3. Angela
4. Neil
5. Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.