Tabitha

Save Angel!
----------------------------------------------------
Creating episode thread: Remember only
this episode should be discussed here,
or the spoiler tag used.
----------------------------------------------------

The Siege
gs: Stephen E Miller (Conrad Hurley) Kristen Dalton (Dana Bright) Fred Keating (Henry Spahn) Walter Marsh (Mr. Stratton) Betty Phillips (Mrs. Stratton) Enid-Raye Adams (Karen Hayes) Dayna Van Buskirk (Tom Kelly) Michael P. Northey (Rudy Young) Naomi Snieckus (Melanie Romano) Mitchell Kosterman (Harlan Casey) Deanne Henry (Arleta Hurley) Bill Mondy (Deputy Roscoe) Spencer Achtymichuk (Johnny Bannerman, Jr.)

Conrad Hurley, a disgruntled electrician fired by the town council, goes into the bank with a shotgun and a revolver, tries to rob it, and takes everyone present (including Sara) hostage. Waiting outside for Sara, Johnny gets a vision of a future massacre and goes in to try to alter the future he perceives. Guided by his visions and scrambling wildly to adapt to the altering futures he keeps seeing in which he dies, Sara dies, Conrad dies, and/or everyone dies each time he changes something, Johnny soon becomes Conrad's unlikely ally. Finally Johnny manages to earn Conrad's trust and manage to talk him into releasing the hostages and giving himself up.

b: 11-Aug-02 pc: 1008 w: Philip DeGuere, Jr. d: Michael Shapiro

NOTE: Originally scheduled to air August 4, 2002 after the episode, "Netherworld." A schedule change/flip was made on July 15 where the episode, "Netherworld" aired in its place.
* In this episode, Spencer Achtymichuk replaces Dominic Louis in the role of little Johnny Bannerman Jr.
* John L. Adams is not in this episode.
* Aired on the "Sci-Fi Channel" on September 13, 2002

[Info from www.epguides.com/deadzone ]

this ep was great, i loved how in every senario either johnny or sara ended up dying. it really was like trying to put a "jigsaw puzzle" together :)

Fantastic eppy. I had just watched Dog Day Afternoon recently, and I kinda rolled my eyes at the prospect of a bank robbery scenario, but i have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

The idea of the jigsaw was compelling, although it did make me think of "Groundhog Day" as well - trying out different approaches until you find one that works.

I think the best part of the episode was when Conrad finally let Sarah go, and when Johnny touched her before she left, he saw her looking over his dead body. I felt as if he accepted it and went on - the most heroic thing he has done!

Also - what is going on with Sarah and Johnny? I think I need to read the book again, but there is definitely a possibility of a reunion between the two.

Love this episode, it was really like a jigsaw:lol:

Loved the happy ending:rolly2:

I am soooooo slow in posting on these episode threads. Apologies Tabitha. :(

Very good episode. As you say everytime you saw a 'different' outcome with Sarah or Johnny dying, it was bit of a shocker. He was doing his utmost to make sure the situation ended up the right way is his eyes. What on earth would've happened had Johnny 'died'? Thank goodness he didn't.

annette :)

Status
Not open for further replies.