meaning of "done" in castle of wizardry

if it wasn't for horse Eriond would not have been able to meet the seer, seeing how she could only stay in caves cause of the day light...

I thought that "Done" meant that that part of the prophecy has come to pass too.

SPOILER

Also.. I read someones spoiler and found out what happens.. (Is still only on King of Murgos) [NOT THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO READ IT] and am really disappointed.. I really wanted our Garion to be The Child Of The Light again..
I did expect Eriond to take his place though.. Even before i read the spoiler it was quite obvious.. I knew as soon as Errand was invited to hear the Orbs message at the start Malloreons. Oh well.. Hmm.. I hate reading books when i don't know what the end is (Strange) Thats why i usually read the back page.

[Someone tell me what happens at the end!!]

I always looked at horse as the sybol for the god Eriond, I mean Belar got the Bear ie Barack, Aldur the Owl, Salmissra the Snake I mean wean torak and Zandramas died so did the dragon which was the totem for torak, its just easy to see the books that way.

Oh and we dont know for sertain if salmissras transformation by polgara wasnt a "done" moment I mean seeing as the whole perspective was from Garions point of veiw so we would only know wat was going through hes head.

"done, Clicks, and bells ringing through the stories, wer waypoints of things that were supposed to happen, occur, go in a particular way, or otherwise further "the necessity's" plan. whether it was Ce'nedra bonding to Mandorallen, small by comparison to some other things, but as signifigant in the big picture and Garion laying his hand on the orb at a particular place and time to set on course future events. (if the bond between mandorallen and ce'nedra hadn't formed, then he likely wouldn't have killed the lion who threatened ce'nedra, etc.....

but as it WAS said earlier, the done for the colt, and in the mallorean another done for Garion giving Errand the colt were because they were supposed to be paired. the Colt before anyone else was brought back from Death by garion, that changed him to be under the "special" heading. wasn't given to him by Garion, the gods or the Orb, but by the universe, because of his special circumstances.

Going to wake a long rested thread...

SPOILERS AHEAD

I think one thing that happened there was that some of the orb of aldurs and erionds power transfered to the horse. Maybe orb of aldur was an adapter that moved some erionds power to the horse. Afterwards the horse kind of did long "jumps", simply just skipped from one place to another and it didnt make any "sound" either, so it could have not been Garions power that the horse used. I think it got some of it too as garion woke him up from the dead.

Maybe when you bring someone back from the dead they gain special power? Remember Durnik? After Garion, The Gods and The Orb brought him back after he died he gained the "talent". Maybe its the same with Horse.

I hadn't thought of that, evil genius. As far as we know, I don't think anyone else in the world of the Belgariad/Malloreon has been brought back from the dead (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - as I've been saying, I haven't read the books for a while), but that sounds like a pretty good theory, in my opinion.

I hadn't thought of that, evil genius. As far as we know, I don't think anyone else in the world of the Belgariad/Malloreon has been brought back from the dead (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - as I've been saying, I haven't read the books for a while), but that sounds like a pretty good theory, in my opinion.

Actually, Durnik WAS the only human who was brought back from the dead.....the only other creature being Horse, of course. :D

Garion did other amazing things, too, such as curing that Tolnedran monk's insanity.....

Hehe. There's only two books I haven't ready dealing with that group, and those would be the first two volumes of the Mallorean, so I pretty well know the characters and all.....

As far as the "done" thing goes, I just skimmed by it, noticing only enough to make the story make sense.

Thats why Durnik is pretty well known in Mallorean series when they were all in Mal Zeth and Zakath introduced them one by one. The "announcer" (I forgot what the guy called) said "'The Duchess of Erat Lady Polgara the Sorceress and her husband Goodman Durnik from Sendaria' the guy said in profound respect 'the man with two lives'"

Im not really sure though cuz only Durnik and Horse was brought back from the dead.

Thats why Durnik is pretty well known in Mallorean series when they were all in Mal Zeth and Zakath introduced them one by one. The "announcer" (I forgot what the guy called) said "'The Duchess of Erat Lady Polgara the Sorceress and her husband Goodman Durnik from Sendaria' the guy said in profound respect 'the man with two lives'"

Im not really sure though cuz only Durnik and Horse was brought back from the dead.

They were well known because the Angaraks-and that was including the Malloreans-had their own prophecies, with names and titles mentioned.

Hmm why would a prophecy balance things? The prophecy itself told Garion that Asharak was the one who burned his parents. The prophecy even showed Garion how to do it.

Unlike Asharak/Chamdar, Garion felt remorse for what he had done, motivated by the desire for revenge. Chamdar had a good reason to murder Garion's parents, from his own viewpoint and the Angarak prophecy.

The resurrection of Horse, while fulfilling the prophecy, was a necessary way for Garion to deal with the guilt that had a very good chance of crippling him.

I also loved the bit at the end of the fight with Torak when Polgara admitted that she wanted Durnik to be her husband and Aldur asks, "With no power greater than his ?"

Not even the Gods could take away, 'The Will and the Word,' so the conclusion was pretty obvious.

I think the point of the DONE was to note an important meeting/pairing. It was used by the Prophecy to indicate to Garion the bond there was to be between Horse and Errand/Eriond that was to come.

"DONE!" could also have been something that was omitted in the final version. Horse had strange powers (when he ran through the wood of the dryads, for example, but it was never fully explained what he was or how he featured. Maybe this is some development point that Eddings failed to finalize.

I always thought that it was another piece of the puzzle being completed-for the good guys. The fact that the Godslayer, gave life to a would be Gods horse seemed rather fitting. Special horse for a special boy. :)

The fact that Garion also used his power to do something that B & P would not have attempted also spoke of his growing up, and the seemingly impossible act whilst foolish in P's eyes, was also an indication of Garions huge capabilities as a sorcerer, gaining him some grudging respect from his peers.

I liked the fact that it knocked Pol and Belgarath a bit off kilter, as at some point they needed to let him learn his own way, and not assume to know everything about him and his abilities.

I got the impression when reading that part of the book that it was going to be very important, but Eddings never quite got round to telling us why. I aggree with whomever said this abouve ^^ that it was a point that Eddings didn't get round to developing. The actual passage gives a sense of some great accomplishment, but the fact that we never find out exactly how great the accomplishment was is one of the bigger dissapointments in these books.

(sorry if that sounded wierd, it's my first post here :p )

"Done" Meant a "checkmark" in the order of "events" was done.Nothing more or less.'08.

Back