Save Angel!
----------------------------------------------------
Creating episode thread: Remember only
this episode should be discussed here,
or the spoiler tag used.
----------------------------------------------------

Quality of Life

Guest Stars:
Christopher Masterson (Todd Paley) Kristen Dalton (Dana Bright) Michael Puttonen (Coach Foley) Ken Camroux-Taylor (Doc Cooper) Chad McMillan (Calhoun) Alvin Sanders (Principal Pelson) Sandra Ferns (Mrs. Paley) Ted Cole (Mr. Bill Paley) Anna Hagan (Vera Smith)

The story is about Johnny's attempt to return to teaching, and Todd is one of his students, a hockey player. Johnny has an incredible vision that suggests the player might have a serious heart condition but there's no medical evidence to support him. So, in one sense, it's a story of Johnny's powers versus modern medicine. In another, it's about Johnny's hope of reclaiming some part of the life he lost before the accident that sent him into a coma.

[Info from www.epguides.com ]

Pleasantly surprised to see the eldest brother from Malcolm in the Middle, Francis, as a major guest star in this episode.
The first thing that struck me that this is one sexy titles sequence in the show. Lots of special effects that bring to mind the opening sequence of Fight Club, and some spiffy looking shots from the show itself. Yum.

The epsiode itself had the story with the kid as the "A" plot, and Johnny's ongoing efforts to re-integrate himself into society as the "B" plot. On balance, the secondary part was more interesting. How people react to him is interesting, if a little (lot) cliched. The report is a walking stereotype, and I find it hard to imagine her actually becoming likeable enough for Johnny to want to actually sleep with her at some point.

My single most favourite part - while discussing his esp with Todd, the kid asks whether he can do a "mind meld" - LMAO!

Confused about what is going on with the ex-girlfriend. They are flirting as if something might happen, but that just doesn't seem likely.

4 stars.

Hehehe had to laugh at the mind meld thing too.

I felt sorry for Johnny as no-one would believe him about the lads heart problem even when tests showed that he was 'strong as an ox'.

Glad he was eventually proved right.

annette :D

Glad he was proved right, but also glad the kid didn't die. I think if Todd had died anyway without playing, people wouldn't have been particularly grateful to John.

The scene from the beginning - his dream, with all the people gathered around him try to touch him - do you think that is a partial premonition, or just a nightmare? I wonder.

Also wondering about the reporter - I really hope she stays annoying, rather than ending up as a love interest.

I also loved how annoying the reporter was being. It was also great to see Johnny's friends be so loyal and just blow her off :)

Good episode, I enjoy it. Glad also that he prove to be right.

Krystal :p

Status
Not open for further replies.