1.10: The Beast Within

Annette

This is Star - my honey!!
Artie, Ben Healy's brother, holds-up a local store in Trinity for a cheap watch. Ben and Lucas respond to the robbery and Ben accidentally shoots Artie. Artie, injured but still conscious, takes Lucas hostage.

description from www.scifi.com/americangothic/episodes.html

annette :D

I think this is one of the episodes that wasn't aired here until SciFi channel picked up the show -----

gotta check on that -

Saw this episode eventually.

It all starts with Caleb having bad dreams and seeing a man in jail calling for Daddy. Daddy ends up being Lucas Buck.

We then see a man buying a watch for which we later find out why. He then holds the shop assistant up as he doesn't want to pay for the watch. The shop assistant manages to press the silent alarm button which then leads the way for Lucas and Ben to turn up.

Ben realises the robber is his brother Artie. Artie gets shot by the shop assistant so ends up in the emergency department where we see Dr Matt, Gail and Caleb. Caleb recognises Artie being the man in his dreams.

We find out that Artie has implanted a explosive device in his chest which is why he wanted the watch to trigger the timer off.

Was pretty good episode. Lucas was trying to let Ben end the siege so he would look good in his sons eyes.

annette :)

I remember this now --

that was the marine, or military guy, right? (or was that on JAG?) oh geez - anyway -- I remember the guy w/ the explosives and such ----

And, did ya ever notice that Lucas was always so calm about all this stuff? He never got over-excited or scared - he was just laid back - like he knew how everything was going to happen --