Sword of Truth Series

rune

rune
I was surprised to not see a thread on this series :) Until book 9 I would say this was a pretty good read. I am in the process of trying to re-read the books I have in this series as some I havent looked at in some years.

I really liked some of Goodkind's ideas and characters in these books, though they are bit long mind :D I've just started Tears of Stone, as I have no new books to read at the moment.

So does no one else like this series?

Nope, not me. The first book was an enjoyable enough fantasy yarn, but over the next couple of volumes, the lack of improvement in Goodkind's prose and the predictability of the plots put me off. But that's just me.

I have all the books from Wizards First Rule through to Naked Empire...

I have to admit that his writing has gotten worse... There seems to be way too much description of pointless stuff... And I sometimes have to skip paragraphs...

I much prefer the writing style of Raymond E Feist... :D

Yes, I've read and enjoyed this series. I mostly like it because of the characters. It is funny that The Master mentions Feist here because when I read Wizard's First Rule I immediately thought that a great deal of the plot and characters reminded me of his Magician series.

I think it had to do with the beginning, the barrier between the lands and the description of the main character's home life. It reminded me of the beginning description when we first meet Pug.

I think the description in goodkind's books are what lets them down. There is just so much of it. The characters can do a lot of talking too. But I do find the stories interesting :)

I'd like to know more about the magical creatures that were in small evidence in the first book... Mother Confessor had one with her crossing the barrier to meet Richard!!!

But since then, nothing... :(

Wait a minute...HOW MANY BOOKS ARE THERE??

I've read up to book 6, then there was that novella but I skipped it because there's no way in Hell I'm paying the same amount of cahs for something that only had 70 pages as for a 300 page novel, which is how they priced it in Croatia...

I enjoyed the first three books, but I took a long break before book four...it got too predictable and long winded...But I'd like to read the rest all the same, I don't like loose ends (typical Virgo mentality...do it even if it biores you to death, but finish the job :))

I read the first book and that as far as I got.