Favorite Firefly Quotes

~saw an episode but doesnt know what its called~
i couldn't find any of the quotes in it so i dunno but i dunno the chracter names so if any1 wants to fill me in just tell me :)

Zoe: This plan is only spectacle
Guy: I Dont know these people and i dont care to help em
Captain: There whores
Guy: I'm In!

Doctor: Lets get you lying down
Guy (Same Guy i think with whore): Now that sounds like a plan!!

:lol: The guy was Jayne, and the ep was 'Heart(s?) of Gold' IIRC.

Great ep. :D

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

heh yay!!!
well im catchin odd eps here and there as theres 1 tonite im taping it (going out for my b-day) so ill eventually get to know who every1 is

MY favourite quote would be any time when ching su de doh ma li Chinese gets inserted (I made that bit up - though I do plan to learn). It's not only quite amusing, it's also a really good idea and an interesting point.

Rik

Some more that stayed with me.

Shindig
Kaylee: Is that him?
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure unless we question it?

Jaynestown
Simon after seeing Jayne's statue: This must be what going mad feels like.
And during the "hero of canton" song: No, this must be what going mad feels like.

Our Mrs. Reynolds
Inara: So, explain to me again why Zoe wasn't in the dress.
Mal: Tactics, woman. Needed her in the back. Besides, those soft cotton dressed feel kinda nice. There's a whole airflow.

Book: If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell-a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre.

Ariel
Wash: So, two days in a hospital? That's awful. Don't you just hate doctors?
Simon: Hey!
Wash: I mean, present company excluded.
Jayne: Let's not be excluding people. That'd be rude.

Heart of Gold
Inara: It sounds like the sort of thing this crew can handle. I can't guarantee they'll handle it particularly well, but --
Nandi: If they got guns, and brains at all...
Inara: They have guns.

Mal: I swear to you, it's like money and good taste are inversely proportional.
Inara: That might make you the most tasteful man I've ever met.
Mal: Funny.

Mal: Well, lady I must say...you're my kinda stupid.

Jayne: Whoa now, girl, that's just plain dirty--
Mal: Jayne...you aware your radio's transmittin'? Cause I ain't feelin' particular girlish or dirty at the moment.

Actually one of my newest favorite Firefly qoutes wasn't on Firefly, it was on "Bones".

One of the scientists had built a small robot and another said –

“He's like you, tell him to turn - he stops, tell him to stop - he turns, tell him to take out the garbage - and he watches reruns of Firefly.â€

A nice homage to Joss from David Boreanaz’s new show.

Tabitha said:
Another great one from the Train Job:

Jayne:
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you understand who's in rutting command here

ROFLMAO!

That's one of my favourites. There are so many great quotes from Firefly though.

In Serenity (pilot episode, not film):

Wash: We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land."

Mal: If anyone gets nosy, just, you know... shoot 'em.
Zoe: Shoot 'em?
Mal: Politely.

In the Train Job:

Mal: Now, this is all the money Niska gave us in advance. You bring it back to him. Tell him the job didn't work out. We're not thieves. But we are thieves. Point is, we're not talking what's his.

Bushwacked:
Wash: Oh my God. What can it be? We're all doomed! Who's flying this thing? Oh, right, that would be me. Uh, back to work.

Out of Gas:
Mal: Ship like this, be with ya 'til the day you die.
Zoe: 'Cause it's a deathtrap

River: You're afraid we're going to run out of air. That we'll die gasping. (pause) But we won't. That's not going to happen. We'll freeze to death first.

Objects in Space:
Wash: Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction.
Zoe: We live in a space ship, dear.

That's only a few of my favourites - there are a lot more, but it would take a long time to put them all here.

BTW: Great that there's a Firefly subforum now!

Just reading this thread makes me giddy!

Not much left that hasn't been already quoted, so I'll just second the "morbid and creepifying" and third the "terrifying space monkeys."

wow, some of ya'll seemed to retype a whole episode. My personal favorite. The one that makes me wanna have Mal's back in a gunfight. . .

Book: Mind if I say grace?
Mal: Only if you say it out loud.

My favourite is ... well they're ALL my favourites! But a couple of good ones are :

River: Jayne is a girl's name
Jayne: Well I ain't a girl! I'll show you for good and all I got MAN parts!
Simon: I'm trying to think how you could be more crass...no, nothing's coming to mind.

Mal: Mercy is the mark of a great man. *stabs Atherton Wing* Guess I'm just a good man. *stabs Atherton again* ... well I'm alright.

(That's pretty much my favourite really)

This is from the top of my head, but:

Kaylee: I've had nothing twixt my nethers these last several months that didn't run on batteries
Mal: And why do you think we'd want to know that
Jayne: I could stand to hear a little more...

(from "Serenity": a popcorn spluttering line delivery)

In Out of Gas:
River: You're afraid we'll die gasping. But we won't. We'll freeze to death first.

In Our Mrs Reynolds:
Mal: My days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle.

(I also like the Chinese just before it - Da Xiang baozhashi de la duzi - look at http://fireflychinese.home.att.net/episode2.html#omr to see what it means).

i only have one quote for you and it's by far the best

Jayne: "My dear boy. I hope you are well and that you get this soon in your travels. Thank you for the credits you forwarded, they have helped as Matty is still sick with the Damplung. He waves hello, and so does your father. He is in good spirits and there was layoffs but the foreman said no one can weld like a Cobb so he has employment still. I made you the enclosed Ooh! Enclosed! The enclosed to keep you warm on your travels. Hope to hear from you soon, love, mother." How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don'tchya think?
Wash: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.
Jayne: Damn straight.

'the message'

i love that!!!!!

paraphrasing...

*River slashes Jayne with a knife*

"He looks better in red."

Zoë: Where's River at now?
Mal: In her room, which I'm thinking we bolt from the outside from now on.
Wash: Thats a little extreme, isn't it?
Jayne: Anyone remember her comin' at me with a butcher's knife?
Wash: [reminiscently] Wacky fun…
Jayne: You wanna go, little man?
Wash: Only if it's someplace with candlelight.
Zoë: Sir, I know she's unpredictable. But I don't think she'd harm anyone.
Jayne: Butcher's knife?!
Zoë: Anyone we can't spare.

*after Mal tells Jayne he can't bring grenades, and then there were Reavers*
Jeyne : "Sure would be nice to have some GRENADES right now!"

Awesome, I just noticed that David Gaider (the guy who pretty much designed BG2 and NWN2) has as his forum signature...

Jayne: "Shiny. Let's be bad guys."

My favorite programmer, out of the blue, likes Firefly as much as I do :D

EARLY: You know, with the exception of one deadly and unpredictable midget, this girl is the smallest cargo I've ever had to transport, yet by far the most troublesome. That seem right to you?
SIMON: What did he do?
EARLY: Who?
SIMON: The midget.
EARLY: Arson. Little man loved fire.