Favorite Firefly Quotes

The Operative (to Mal): You can't make me angry.
Inara (rolls eyes): Please, spend an hour with him.

I can't believe no-body has put down my two favourites (they might be from the film, apologies)

Mal: If I'm not back in fifteen minutes you take this ship and you come and rescue me.
Zoe: And risk my ship?

Mal: No matter what happens...don't let Jayne take my ship

Wash: Screw you!
Mal: Get in line!

I was re-watching Firefly again yesterday, and I have to catch every line of their excellent dialogue :D

Well, I always particularly liked this dialogue:

Wash: Everything looks good from here. Yes...yes...this is a fertile land and we will thrive. We will rule over all of this land and we will call it...this land. I think we should call it your GRAVE! Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal. Ararar! Mine is an evil laugh. Now DIE, ARR! Oh no God! Oh dear God in heaven!

XD That is like the best introduction evar!

Mal: (about River) "But she does have an oddness to her. And I ain't just talking about her proficiency with firearms. Girl knows things. Things she shouldn't. Things she couldn't."
Jayne: "Wha-...are you-are you sayin' she's a witch?"
Wash: (sarcastically) "Yes, Jayne. She's a witch. She has had congress with the beast."
Jayne: "She's in Congress?"
Wash: (amazed) "How did your brain even learn human speech?"

One of my favourite quotes is from Safe:

Mal: "Cut her down"
Patron: "The girl is a witch!"
Mal: "Yeah. But she's our witch. *cocks his gun* So cut her the hell down."

I freaking love Mal.

and the bit where he says "Yo-Saf-Bridge" in 'Trash'

Yo-Saf-Bridge: "He's my husband"
Mal: "Well, who in the d*mn galaxy AIN'T?!"

Oh! and, from 'Out of Gas':

Mal: "You are very much lacking in imagination."
Zoe: "I imagine that's so, sir."
Mal: "C'mon. You ain't even seen most of it. I'll show you the rest. Try to see past what she is, and on to what she can be"
Zoe: "What's that, sir?"
Mal: "freedom, is what."
Zoe: "No, I meant - What's THAT?"
Mal: "Oh. Just step around it. I think something must've been living in here."

Can't forget one of Jayne's quotes in "War Stories"...

"I'll be in my bunk"

Oh! and, from 'Out of Gas':

Mal: "You are very much lacking in imagination."
Zoe: "I imagine that's so, sir."
Mal: "C'mon. You ain't even seen most of it. I'll show you the rest. Try to see past what she is, and on to what she can be"
Zoe: "What's that, sir?"
Mal: "freedom, is what."
Zoe: "No, I meant - What's THAT?"
Mal: "Oh. Just step around it. I think something must've been living in here."

And of course that one of Jayne's "I'll be in my bunk"

I can't type it from memory and am too lazy to look it up, but one of my fav scenes is from Shindig when Badger is holding the crew on the ship and River wanders in and responds to Badger's questioning with a scathingly insulting monologue in his own accent and leaves saying "call me if anyone interesting shows up" followed by Jayne breaking the stunned silence of the rest of the crew with the realization that "that there was EXACTLY the kind of distraction we could've used."

I liked when Mal was arguing with the drunk about the virtue of being a browncoat:

Mal: "I just wanted you to face me so she could get behind you." (Zoe punches the thug out) "Drunks are so cute."

Can't forget one of Jayne's quotes in "War Stories"...

"I'll be in my bunk"

This has entered our domestic language at Holland HQ, as have so many other Fireflyisms: 'No power in the Verse', 'Gosa!', 'I'll be in my bunk' and - of course - 'The man they call Jayne.'

WTF were they thinking when they cancelled Firefly? It beggars belief. And yet, and yet, there's A Town Called Eureka, hanging in there, season after season, trotting out its tired old formula ... and no one so much as bothers putting a bullet through its brainpan.

@Jane Holland: Apparently too many women liked it - shows with a male demographic bring in more advertising revenue, because guys are more impressionable so you can charge more to advertise to them. At least, that's what I read somewhere on the interwebz, so it has to be true :)

I have a T-shirt that just says "shiny." on the front - either folks get it, or they don't. And my iPhone's name is Vera (my various Macs are named after planets in the 'verse). Not that I'm a fan-girl or nothin'...

All my fave quotes are here already, I think - so many of them to choose from!

One of my favourites
Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Yay! More Firefly fans. Yes, love the Wash quotes! Think my fave is "Oh my god it's disgusting! Oh and there's something in a jar."

Also love River's "I can kill you with my brain."

Also love River's "I can kill you with my brain."

I liked that scene, but the ones where she saves Kaley by gunning down Niska's men and then turns to her and says "no power in the 'verse can stop me" is my fav. Possibly one of the most creepy and shocking moments in the show... when we see what she might be capable of.

Another Wash gem that may already be mentioned but I'm lazy:
Wash: "That's just because I'm coming down too fast. Like to crash and kill us all!"
Mal: "Well, when that happens, you let me know."