Highlander V

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
I just read this on Dark Horizons:

Highlander 5: Just when you thought the latest "Halloween" effort was flogging a long dead horse, you ain't seen nothing yet. The following was just announced around on all the various "Highlander" lists and forums around the Net this week received a note from Davis/Panzer productions (who own the franchise): "Greetings Highlander Fans ... First, we are excited to announce that the rumors are true. The story continues as the fifth motion picture is slated to begin filming early in 2003. We don't want to reveal too much but we think that "The Source" is destined to be a truly exceptional Highlander film". Thanks to 'Bizarro7'

Bizarro posts here I think, if it's the same person who draws the Stargate comic strips, so maybe she can tell us more about it?

Yeah - was getting ready to post this --

I'm not particularly looking forward to the next incarnation of the Highlander Universe -- I was too depressed after Endgame - and that was such a rotten movie --

Basically- I have very little faith in Davis/Panzer of late and am not gonna hold my breath until the next movie -----

The news of 'Highlander 5: The Source', isn't all that 'new' at all is it?

I just discovered these reports from last year:

09/19/01
The Irish Examiner has confirmed Timothy Dalton's casting as the villain and reports that producers are in talks with Sean Connery, hoping to get him to reprise his role as Ramirez. (Ain't It Cool News)

09/18/01
According to reports from the latest Highlander convention, the producers of Highlander: Endgame claim that Christopher Lambert has signed on to reprise the role of Connor McCloud. That might throw some fans, since the character was killed off in Endgame, but the thought is that Source would be set before Endgame (not contrived at all, is it?). Timothy Dalton and Roger Daltrey are also possibilities. (Ain't It Cool News)

Yeah - I read those too, a while back - posted 'em around here somewhere - maybe in a thread titled 'Rumor - new movie' - or something ---

Well, so far, according to IMDB.com -- the chick who played Faith in "Endgame" and Peter Wingfield have 'confirmed' for the newest incarnation of the Highlander franchise.

Christopher Lambert is supposed to be signed on, as well as Adrian Paul (read that Lambert had confirmed on his website, but dunno) --

I'm kinda still not really looking forward to this b/c I don't like the guy they have writing it - he doesn't know anything about Highlander ---

More stuff:

This site says the movie was to release this month -- but I don't think that's gonna happen - I think we would have seen trailers already --

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/h/highlanderthesource.htm

If it loads, this page says release date is Feb 2004:

http://www.videoeta.com/movie/52461

This site has unconfirmed cast info, but not much else:

http://www.plume-noire.com/movies/reviews/highlanderthesource.html

This site has some info (scroll down to read) - mostly the same - 'still working on the script' and such - but adding that casting / directing news is still 'speculation' at this point:

http://www.worldzone.net/scifi/hlfannews/hl.html

(probably the best one so far)

That's all for now --- I'll look more in a few weeks

Any heard any new news on this?

I haven't looked, b/c, honestly, I wasn't impressed enough w/ Endgame to really care about the 'next' one --- unless they are REALLY gonna fix the canon --- but I'm afraid they won't. :(

Yeah, honestly - I'm not holding out much hope that this gets made. I just checked imdb.com (unreliable, I know, but anyway) - the only cast memeber they have listed is Peter Wingfield. Everyone else who had been on the list isn't there anymore.

Since Endgame was such a joke, and they've already mucked up the canon so badly that I'm not sure there's a way to fix it. Esp'ly since the same guy who wrote Endgame is supposedly writing the 5th movie.

Unless they can fix what they've broken, movie 5 isn't gonna be worth watching anyway.

Ah - there appears to be some news on HL:V -

Here is info that they've begun filming - and it appears that Connor will not be making an appearance.

Though - Peter Wingfield is still listed on IMDB as being part of the cast. Dunno if Methos will be part of the movie or not. We'll have to see.

Still, not holding much hope that it'll be any good.

The last bit on this was from 2004 - all that I've seen new is that it's been filmed; it was done in Europe and that's about it.

There was some rumbling of a release in 2006, but I doubt that. I'm also relatively certain that it won't be a theatrical release - probably a straight to video like HL:3. *maybe* worth a rental - from Netflix - but I'm not holding out much hope.

C'mon - you *know* they're not doing well when the 4th movie was WORSE than the 2nd one.

Rane Longfox said:
Thats..... a long time to make a film.

Well, considering Darren Aronofsky's been working on The Fountain for ten years, this is relatively short, but for a franchise film - yeah - it's a bit long.

Worst part -- unless there's been a change - the guy who wrote Endgame also wrote this - so, it's gonna suck.

Yes, I cringe every time I see Bill Panzer's name associated with Highlander movies and moreso when i see Soisson as the writer.

HL:V is gonna be very very bad.

it's a movie where everyones going to have their own opinion, i think it's not too bad although at some points you have to fill in the blanks. The game allows you to join the quest to find the source and win prizes as well as purchase the dvd if u interested u can get it at www/highlandergame/co/uk