Airdates for second half of S6???

spookypumpkin

"happy oestrogen bubble"
I read somewhere that "Unnatural selection" won't air until January 10. Can anyone confirm this?

Depends on where you are and what network you are watching. As I understand it, SciFi in the US has stopped airing original S6 eps and starting this Friday will be rerunning them (4 in a row!), then Friday nights will have SG1 reruns through to January. After that, SciFi will start up the 2nd half of S6.

standard SciFi programming. It does not compete with regular networks during the sweeps, for the most part. Farscape has had this scheduling for three years now. :evil:

im in the uk, and i download the eps from you-know-where. so anywhere they are availiable, i assume they will be copied and uploaded. so january it is, then?

Well, I can't wait until there back on tv and you-know-where but my withdrawal symptoms (sp?) have faded as I found out they're doing reruns in Belgium. That's just awesome!! But if season 6 starts back on the 10th of January that would be great. I'm gonna mark that date in my agenda!!

Falcon Horus ;)

Originally posted by Texane
standard SciFi programming. It does not compete with regular networks during the sweeps, for the most part. Farscape has had this scheduling for three years now. :evil:

and just look what they've done to Farscape :evil:

Scifi makes its 'customers' wait because they know they don't stand a chance, program-wise, against the network's fall lineup, nor can they really compete during the holiday season when people don't watch as much, or the air is riddled with specials. This way they can take a show and delay airing, in pieces, and drag it on :mad:

It's typical cable behavior, which is why I like SG1 better in syndication. It gets pre-empted less by sports!

But reportedly SG1 should return in January.

The crazy thing about SciFi is that they HAD a great Friday lineup. From "Dead Zone" at 8pm, through "Stargate SG1" S6, then "Farscape", then repeats of those two shows, we stayed happily glued to a single channel until 1am.

Then they bagged "Farscape", went to reruns of "Dead Zone" and "SG1" S6, followed by a really pathetic remake of "In Search Of", which we can't stand. So we watch the reruns of "Dead Zone" and "SG1", then go cruising around the channels looking for something else to watch. "Law & Order: SVU" makes a good substitute. I'm curious to see "Hack" because I've always enjoyed watching David Morse. And perhaps there'll be ghost stories on History Channel.

So, SciFi has gone from having our full attention from 8pm-1am, to 8pm-10pm. Once S6 starts up again in January we will be hooked on a totally different viewing pattern and SciFi will have lost us for those additional 3 hours.

And now for a word from our sponsors . . . :evil:

I have not bothered with SciFi friday since the last first-run SG1 ended. I watch Dead Zone on USA (better class of ads, if nothing else), and with the new fall season, am quite happy watching HACK and ROBBERY HOMICIDE. Since I keep tabs on the TV Guide (SCiFi is already saying new episodes, and uh, er, they're wrong ;) ) I'll figure out when new ones start up... I sporadically catch the Monday night lineup but it's edited, and I'm better off watching my tapes off showtime - complete and unedited. And I know of many fans who aren't watching at all as they have got seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.

I agree with Webmouse.

SciFi had a great Friday night lineup. Now with Stargate showing 4 epys on Monday nights prime time, with each of the four being rerun again at midnight Monday through Thursday, there is no reason to mess up a phenomenal Friday night lineup. :dead:

But they've already messed with the lineup :( If they go ahead with that schedule, they've wrecked the 10pm slot. I keep wondering just how well farscape would have done if they hadn't been booted out of the prime 9pm slot. Anything at 10pm will get slaughtered by MONK which is now the highest rated cable show.

For Spookypumpkin in the UK, Sky One won't break now until Christmas over it's Stargate showings. We usually end up missing about two episodes which they generally show as double eppy's in January. (If I rightly remember). UK TV doesn't break in the middle of seasons like the US.

:cool: