6.22: Full Circle

The inhabitants of Abydos face impending annihilation or worse as Anubis is heading their way search of the fabled "Eye of Ra." Daniel Jackson appears to guide the Abydonians in their fight, and also returns to the SGC to enlist their aid (he lets O'Neill know what's happening in a funny scene in an elevator). SG-1 returns to Abydos to defend the planet. The good guys are trying to locate the Eye of Ra before Anubis does; the amulet is reputed to hold great powers. The Eye of Ra is mentioned in texts on the walls of the Abydonian pyramid, but Daniel and Skaara are unsure what the Eye actually is or does.

Skaara and Kasuf will appear in this episode. (Footage of Erick Avari/Kasuf will be taken from a cut scene that was filmed for the episode "Absolute Power." Apparently Avari is unavailible at present to reprise his role.) Ska'ra appears to be leading the fight, aided by Forta, an Abydonion warrior who believes Daniel to be a god. The episode opens with Skaara, Kasuf and Forta meeting to plan their defense of their world. SG-1 gates to Abydos, coming full circle to once again defend that world against the Goa'uld.

Producer Joe Mallozzi stated in a Gateworld forum that ". . . the
season-ender which may see DJ appear once again." Mallozzi said in a chat on 8/17 that Michael Shanks would reprise of Daniel Jackson. No word if he assumes a corporeal form. He has also said that "Full Circle" gives us some major revelations - in a bittersweet story. It's not clear whether Sam and Teal'c finally get to see their Daniel again, but O'Neill and Ska'ra do.

Does that mean that O'Neill is still alive at the end of the season? Did he get Tok'ra-ed permanently? I need to know, this is endangering my mental health!!

Catgirl(meow);)

does anyone know if this eppy was written before or after season 7 speculation became rampent??? i'm curious if it was written with an eye to continuing the story line in s7 or was written as a series finale or as a lead into the movie???

anyone?

Did anyone else notice in the special features of volume 13, John Wright says "Well it looks like our journey has come full circle."?
Volume 13 is the final 2 eps of season 3.
Coincidence? :)

Originally posted by catgirl
Does that mean that O'Neill is still alive at the end of the season? Did he get Tok'ra-ed permanently? I need to know, this is endangering my mental health!!

Catgirl(meow);)
[/QUOTE

he did get untok'ra-rd om Meridian, don't know if he was Tok'ra-ed again...

I thought Danny wasn't alowed to interfer with anything while being glowed...

I thought Danny wasn't alowed to interfer with anything while being glowed...
I thought the Tolan were never going to offer us an ion cannon...
I know i'm drawing a long bow. You don't need to tell me :)

SPOILERS
[Spoilers] In 'Full Circle,' Daniel appears to Skaara (Alexis Cruz) in the Abydos tent village," Shanks reports. "He encourages the people to fight with Anubis, who is hunting the Eye of Ra, the last missing piece of the six powerful Eyes held by Goa'uld. We go back to the beginning of the Stargate story and go through a similar battle process with the evil forces of the alien. I always love taking the story back to Abydos because Daniel has a strong relationship with the people there. We managed to include a great location in Vancouver. The shoot has a great film look."

The article continues: "While the SG-1 and the native people are in battle on Abydos, Daniel makes a bargain with Anubis. He trusts Anubis' word not to attack Abydos if he gives him the Eye of Ra."

"I think Daniel knows that he won't (attack)," Shanks said. "It was part of my original thought process, too. I was thinking, 'Yeah, what is he believing this guy for?' But he's not. I realized that after a second read of the script. He's not trusting Anubis, he's saying that making this deal will allow his friends to escape with the tablet so that they can find the lost city. He's already told the System Lords that Anubis is there. They will come to create a distraction while Daniel tries to get his friends out and save the people on Abydos."

"Daniel also wants to actually confront Anubis one-on-one. He knows if we find the tablet it will lead us to the lost city where the weapons are that can destroy Anubis. I think that he believes in keeping Anubis' trust in that particular moment. Daniel will do wherever it takes to get this Eye that will allow his friends to escape and possibly the people on Abydos."

Shanks said that the strong fan reaction to his departure from the series last year surprised him. "I knew that there would some sort of reaction, but I didn't realize how passionate it would be," he said. "The character was very passionate, so maybe he would attract people who share that trait."

He also said that the media hasn't always gotten his beliefs and position right in articles that fans have read over the last year. "We had artistic differences, which is what a lot of actors say, but I hated the public speculation that would create. I wanted to be more specific, and it just seemed to cause more hurt feelings. So now I wish I could go back and say we had artistic differences and that's why I left."

Shanks made three guest appearances in Season Six, including the upcoming "The Changeling" and "Full Circle." He returns as a regular cast member in Season Seven, set to begin this summer on The Sci-Fi Channel.[/Spoilers]

Thanx to Gateworld for the info

look to www.gateworld.net for more info :D

Spoilers (no great surprise)

I liked this one. Although it did worry me when the Star Wars thing stuck out a mile (Anubis and Daniel) but overall it was quite good. Although perhaps the ancients mystery could have been handled a bit better the last few scenes were what made it for me. Although it could have been better it was still good and enjoyable, a nice finale, although I am very happy there will an S7, or I might have been a little less pleased, but that's neither here or there, not bad at all!

A good ending but should of been a 2 parter. Same as series 5 finalle it was all rushed.

The big scandal was when Daniel discovered that he and the rest of his kind where the "Ancients" and when he confronted Anubis he discovered that he too was and ancient well kinda. Anubis on his death discovered how to ascend but the ancients tried to return him to corporeal form but failed. So hes kinda in limbo.

Anyway he knew how the Ancients would react to Daniel helping so he forced his hand (by destroying Abydos) and the Ancients either removed Daniel or Killed him before he could kill Anubis it was a bit vague.

The return of the head Jaffa from episode "the other guys" saw some great dialouge between him and Jack. Some very funny moments.

As always the finalle raises more questions.

Heres a toast to series 7 may the episodes not mirror rehashed voyager and buffy episodes and lets hope Daniel returns to kick Anubis ass. Dont forget they have a stone tablet saying where to find the (spooky voice) long loooost city of the ancients

Cheers

RangerOne

I also liked this one...I did thik it was a little rushed as some have already said and also glad that it was not the last ever as that would have been a little upset.

I loved the scene of Jacka and Daniel in the lift in the begining I thought that was really funny! Also like the scene where Jack asked Skarra if he had anyone special in his life and Skarra said he was getting married. Very funny when Jack seemed to be saying that he would bring Carter to the wedding!

Im so glad that we have found out what Anubis is and I guess we now know and have met the Ancients at last! ;)

I was a little worried when Skarra was killed but good to see him in the end. I can't quite beleive that Oma made all of the Abydos people assend into glowy things ;) . But I guess that we don't need to see them anymore.

Overall I think it was a good ne and I think it cleared up some of the questions from other seasons.

Can't wait for the next season!

:cool:

Too much information... too many thoughts to share... I really ought to go and watch this again...

Didn't feel like a finale to me - maybe it was because there wasn't much of a clear resolution OR a cliffhanger. The momentous scale of the battle and the danger was finale-worthy, but not the ending. There were far too many questions left hanging - mostly over the background of the ancients. Is anyone else thinking that the search for the "Lost City" will be the focal point of next season?
Or is it an odd rehash of the ideas for the spin-off (which I know nothing about, except that it supposedly to be called "Atlantis" - you know, Atlantis, lost city...).

So, Daniel wasn't able to stop Anubis, but Anubis claimed that he was not responsible for restraining Daniel. I take it we infer from this that it was Oma that stopped him from interfering with Anubis? :confused:

I did enjoy this episode, I loved having Daniel back, even though he isn't quite the Daniel we remember. It certainly seemed to pull out some stops after the dullness of season six overall.

And can I also just say - Sky did a terribly poor job of cutting the ads in, every ad seemed really out of place to me. I can't remember the exact points, but they were all jarring.

Funniest moments - Jack's verbal sparring with Anubis's minion.
"WHAT?" :lol:

Please can you clear up an argument between me and a friend. I thought abydos was destroyed but she says Omar restored it. I got a milky bar riding on this so can you clear it up?

I really enjoyed this episode, like everyone I laughed my boobs off at Jack and his old Jaffa friend. I dunno about everyone else, but I always felt really sad when Daniel would come back, it would remind me how much I miss him. But now we know he'll be back for season 7, I don't get upset anymore!

If Anubis is a Goa'uld who ascended, do you think it's possible that he could be Apophis or Ra? Especially since he hasn't been around that long. Anyway, whoever he is, I think he's a great Baddy, I just wish they'd done more episodes involving him this series. Oh well, maybe next time.

Zoe
XXX

Originally posted by misszoecat
Please can you clear up an argument between me and a friend. I thought abydos was destroyed but she says Omar restored it. I got a milky bar riding on this so can you clear it up?

If Anubis is a Goa'uld who ascended, do you think it's possible that he could be Apophis or Ra? Especially since he hasn't been around that long. Anyway, whoever he is, I think he's a great Baddy, I just wish they'd done more episodes involving him this series. Oh well, maybe next time.

Zoe
XXX
I took it that Abydos was definitely destroyed, and that as and ancient Oma was able to manipulate the gate, and perhaps even their perceptions to give the crew some closure on what exactly had happened.
Although, I am not sure what exaclty is meant by destroyed. Is the planet blown up? Or is the wreckage of the pyramid we see in the very final shot what Abydos now looks like? I think the latter, but it is pretty definite in my mind that the inhabitants of the planet were all killed.

As for Anubis, if they dare tell us that it was Apophis I will totally lose my mind. Also this doesn't fit with what is said in the ep - there is a mention of Anubis disappearing for thousands of years, thought to be dead - obviously Apoppycock only died a few years ago, so the timeline doesn't really fit.
On the topic of who he might be....
In the credits David Palffy was listed as Anubis - I thought the voice sounded familiar, and I am pretty sure that actor was also Sokar. But again, the timeline would suggest that Sokar couldn't have been 'missing' for thousands of years. By this reckoning Anubis mustn't be anyone we already know, unless there is some time-travelling involved.

Another thing that didn't feel right to me, and that I really hope gets resolved is Daniel's lack of appearance to Carter, and his short hello to her in the pyramid.
She seemed to be more visibly upset by his death than any of the others, and yet he doesn't seem to give a damn :confused:

Roll on next year.

I assumed that it was the civilisation and population of Abydos was destroyed, but not the planet. Oma helped the Abydonians to ascend, just like she did Daniel.

Anubis is a Goa'uld who found out how to ascend himself, but the ancients threw him back again, only not completely successfully.

For some reason, the Ancients do not want to become involved in matters of our plane of existence.

Daniel was not supposed to interfere but could not help himself because it was Abydos, which he has so strong a tie to. Oma is not supposed to interfere either.

Speculation: Because Daniel has interfered, Oma will now be forced to punish him in some way, hence his descending again next season.

Originally posted by Tabitha

So, Daniel wasn't able to stop Anubis, but Anubis claimed that he was not responsible for restraining Daniel. I take it we infer from this that it was Oma that stopped him from interfering with Anubis? :confused:

I think that it was Oma that stopped Daniel from interfering with Anubis...but it makes me think that if the rumors are true and Oma does kick Danny out form helping in this episode then she was just as bad...not only did she stop Daniel which I can understand but she helped all the people on Abydos to ascend which is kinda interfering as well..

I was also a little upset at how Daniel treated Sam in this one..I know they had bigger things to worry about but even so!

I think I will have to watch this one again as it was a lot to take in with the two epsiodes on one after another! :cool:

Another thing that confused me was in season five Ascenion where we met Orlin he said that he had never heard of Oma and was maybe an 'outcast' like him because she was helping people she should not.
In this one Daniel seems to say that she is now with the others and is no longer an outcast of the ascended ancients.
So when did this happen or is it just me reading too much into it? ;)

Disappointed

I have to say, I've just seen both this episode and 'Prophecy' as a double-header on Sky One Mix tonight and I thought they were two of the dullest Stargate eps EVER!

'Full Circle' should definitely have been a two hour episode with more action, cos it certainly had the scope to have more action in it...I mean Anubis destroying a fleet of Goa'uld motherships all in 2 seconds...could it have got any more mind-numbingly ****? And here was me thinking they didn't get any worse than 'Meridian'.

I'm kinda glad we are going into series 7 rather than a film, cos that is not a fitting build up to another Stargate movie...

As for Anubis, if they dare tell us that it was Apophis I will totally lose my mind. Also this doesn't fit with what is said in the ep - there is a mention of Anubis disappearing for thousands of years, thought to be dead - obviously Apoppycock only died a few years ago, so the timeline doesn't really fit

Apophis has been known to take on the identity of another Goa'uld (Jolinars Memories/The Devil You Know). It's possible that other Goa'ulds do this to, they like to pretend to be someone else till they have reached the status worthy of their real name.

I'm just wishful thinking that Apophis comes back really, I love that guy, it always makes me so happy when they bring him back to life (again and again :rolleyes: )!

.I mean Anubis destroying a fleet of Goa'uld motherships all in 2 seconds...could it have got any more mind-numbingly ****?

I agree, that episode could have been better, I wish it had been a two-parter too. Although, I thought Anubis destroying the fleet of motherships in 2 seconds was quite dramatic. :eek: It really showed how powerful he is, that is no small feat.

I hope 'You' is ok :( .

Zoe
XXX

I have to say, I've just seen both this episode and 'Prophecy' as a double-header on Sky One Mix tonight and I thought they were two of the dullest Stargate eps EVER!
I'm sorry you were so disappointed :( i thought they were two of the best eps all season, guess you can't please everyone though :(

I think I will have to watch this one again as it was a lot to take in with the two epsiodes on one after another!
Agreed lol, i think Sky One did the right thing putting them together, although they weren't really two-parter eppys, but after Prophecy, i was all "woo bring on the finale!" :D

Another thing that didn't feel right to me, and that I really hope gets resolved is Daniel's lack of appearance to Carter, and his short hello to her in the pyramid.
She seemed to be more visibly upset by his death than any of the others, and yet he doesn't seem to give a damn
I noticed this too :( i don't understand it, they're like brother and sister close, it didn't feel right for him to be so 'off' with her in pyramid. I put it down to the fact that he was preoccupied with the impending doom but it still wasn't very "Daniel".

x x x