6.21: Prophecy

Interesting . . . this is one of the few epys I cannot find a spoiler for across the boards . . . interesting . . . :cool:

New spoiler from sG1_spoilme

SG1 visits yet another backwards world where the population bows down
to the Gou'ald, whose emissary, Lord Mot, arrives to collect
naquadah. However, there is an old prophecy that strange would come
through the gate to free them, and the people think that SG1 is that
ticket to freedom. Further conversation stalls out when Jonas passes
out.
Apparently Jonas is now somehow gifted with a precognitive
ability to see glimpses of the future, which doesn't look too good,
especially for Major Carter, and he's not doing too well, as he
requires surgery for something.
Meanwhile, Mot, who works for Baal, might be conspiring against
his boss for control, and is able to capture SG1.
With the help of SG-1 and SG-15, the villagers begin a revolt
against the Gou'ald.
Guest characters include Sina (a Tok'ra), Natania (Ellori's
daughter), Lord Mot, Chazen (young villager), Ellori (a leader),
Sendear & a nurse, Major Pierce.

--thanks to `ferret' for the tip

Does anybody else get a ring of "Dead Zone" outta this episode??

a bit more . . .

As the team goes about trying to help the locals [defeat the Goa'uld], Jonas starts having visions that begin to come true. The visions, while helpful, are making Jonas very ill and Dr. Fraiser tries to discover what it causing them. Not all of the people on the planet are anxious to be free of the Goa'uld, and one of the locals sets a trap for SG-1 and SG-15. (GateWorld news report)

hmmm...I dunno about Jonas' new found abuilities...& the plot sounds vaguely familiar...well, the freeing us from the G...:rolleyes:

maybe Jonas' illness will be cause by gate travel & that's how they'll get him off the team if/when Danny comes back? Just a thought that suddenly struck me...:rolleyes: Any more spoilers? anyclue or thought to what Jonas sees about Sam?

Jonas develops some precognitive gifts. He sees small parts of the future.

As always you cannot second guess premonitions and his actions to stop the future actually cuase it to happen.

He sees Sam return injured (he thinks a staff blast) and dieing on her way to the med room. So she is kept on station but there is an accident in the power room and Sam gets fried (she does survive of course)

Anyway this gift is coming from a tumour in his head that has been growing and has to be removed but he is able to use his gift one last time to save the SGC from complete destruction.

The rest of the story is based on SG1 freeing a world that has been abandoned by BAAL but is still controlled by a goauld who intends to overthrow him.

Not a bad episode although a few plot flaws, some nice humour from Jack and at least they have stopped calling Tealc "T"

Ranger

I think this was a really good episode. One of the best of this season.

I think they handled the Jonas thing really well. I felt sorry for him when he thought that he had to keep his new 'gift' so that he could fit into Sg1 at last, or so that he could prove himself as a member of the team.
It leads to to wonder what will happen to him when Danny comes back next season. I really hope that they don't get rid of him as I have grown quite fond of him as a member of the team.

Overall I really liked this one and thought that the story was a great one! :D

ok don't kill me but any shippy bity from Jack while Sam's fried?

Originally posted by skoon
ok don't kill me but any shippy bity from Jack while Sam's fried?

No Im afraid not..he was off world at the time and didn't even ask when he got back and she had her arm in a sling!

maybe jack makes it up to her later <G>

I throughly enjoyed this one. even though the team was divided, tehy were all working towards teh same goal, to free the people.

nice tie in with metamorphosis and i have to wonder if they may have made a mistake by removing the tumor that was giving him the super vision.
this is one i definitely look forward to seeing on the big screen

Originally posted by pamie
No Im afraid not..he was off world at the time and didn't even ask when he got back and she had her arm in a sling!

She has a huge blue sling and no one asks her why!

The tumor is supposed to be due to what Nurti did. Not due to Gate travel or the Naquidah disease the other people on his planet got. That would be suggested by the episode teaser and also some of Janet's dialogue, though it wasn't made very explicit.

Originally posted by Skydiver
i have to wonder if they may have made a mistake by removing the tumor that was giving him the super vision.

She said that he would die if it wasn't removed. Or is that what you meant ;)

but didn't Nirti tell Jonus he was already advanced even without her doing anything? Could she have just sped up his natural process?

She said that he would die if it wasn't removed. Or is that what you meant

~~~~~~~~~~

no, actually what i mean was, how did she know it wouldn't stop growing or would stabilize? Same dilemma as cassie in RoP.

How much is too much?

Originally posted by Dave

She has a huge blue sling and no one asks her why!

LOL that is what I was thinking it would have been nice if someone had asked her what happend!

:D

Originally posted by skydiver
...how did she know it wouldn't stop growing or would stabilize? Same dilemma as cassie in RoP.

How much is too much?

I see what you mean. I guess as a doctor it's her call. But brain surgery is not without it's risks either.

This was a good episode, interesting and fun to watch.

Krystal :p