6.20: Memento

The second in command of the Tangeans looked familar to me.
I couldn't decide if he's been in Stargate before or if it was because his appearance reminded me a little of Jacob Carter.

Originally posted by nic
or if it was because his appearance reminded me a little of Jacob Carter.

I thought it was just me....he reminded me of Jacob as well! :D

I always like it when someone see's the gate activation for the first time. One thing I did notice was the recreation of the gate being raised, similar to the one from the movie, with the sun behind. Jack did seem to be on form in this episode, which was Ok in general, nowhere near as good as 'The Changeling' but it is Stargate and always enjoyable.

Miguel Fernandes (Calvus), as far as I know hasnt been in Stargate before, he has been in "MacGyver" (1985) playing "Khan" in episode: "The Escape"

I loved the stargate raising scene.
Very nostalgic. Very first season.
I get the feeling there will be a lot of that in "Full Circle" too. Hopefuly.

This was a good episode, I enjoy the story. It was interesting the story about the Tagreans, and the different aproaches of chairman Ashwin and Commander Calfas. Also it was funny to see Jack not entirely in command. :D It was also cool to see Ingrid as guest star and in a very similar position of second.

Krystal :p

i actually like this episode, some parts of it did seem some what wrong, like the first couple of scenes on the Prometheus, they just seemed wrong, and the whole ejecting of the Naquda core remended me to much of Star Trek, other than that the only problem i have with this episode is that the Tagreans look Advanced enough that they might be capable of space travel, but i may be wrong on that, i was definetly liking the scene with the raising of the gate:D, and i wish Jack would stop calling Teal'c 'T', it just doesnt seem right:rolly2:

Originally posted by pamie
I thought it was just me....he reminded me of Jacob as well! :D
Same here. I got to wondering if he was CA's photo double. There's a bit of tradition to sometimes cast photo doubles in speaking roles... but the personality was as harsh as Jacob has been at times. It had to be just to underscore the ep's repeating message "We'd be doing this if the roles were reversed..."

I wasn't all that impressed with this episode - I had that 'Star Trek' feeling in the back of my head too -

I did like the 'raising of the Stargate' - that was a great scene! (I love continuity!)

But all the 'eject the core' and the landing on another planet to try to fix it -- very very Star Trek to me -

And honestly, beyond the mathematician guy - who was in the movie "Knight Moves" and was in the same ep of "Andromeda" that James Marsters was in - and the raising of the gate - I really don't remember much -

Not a very interesting ep - and a few plot holes that needed plugging ---

I liked this episode, but it seemed really rushed. I think the ep would have been much better if they had made it a two-parter. That was my main complaint,. the Star Trekness didn't bother me becuase it's just one episode and as long as the show doesn't turn into "Stargate: Prometheus", it's good to see differant stuff.

I really liked the begining actually, I'd like to have seen more of the Prometheus in action in this episode. I think that if this was a two-parter they could have circumvented a lot of the plot holes and super-coincidances. And I cannot spell.