6.19: The Changeling

Producer Joe Mallozzi stated in a Gateworld forum that ". . . Changeling, written by Christopher Judge, will air late in
season 6 and will also have Dr. Jackson dropping by in unique fashion." Some of this episode appears to exist in a dream situation of some sort, as SG1 is portrayed as rescue personnel at a car crash. The focus is on Teal'c, who confronts Apophis.

A little more . . .
"Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary defines a "changeling" thusly: "turncoat; a child secretly exchanged for another in infancy; imbecile." The episode may be the same that Judge told fans at a recent convention he was going to be pitching -- tentatively titled "Judas" at the time."

"The episode doesn't revolve around the Daniel Jackson character. It's Teal'c's story. However, the character of Daniel Jackson makes a unique appearance and is certainly a key player in the proceedings. Truth is, all of our characters will take on unique roles in 'The Changeling.'" "As an ascended being Daniel can't interfere in anything. Quite a dilemma. What repercussions would he face if he did? All questions we'll be answering in 'Full Circle.'"

Peter Williams may be back to play Apophis (at least in Teal'c's mind) for this episode. "Teal'c is wandering in a hospital. He walks into a room and finds himself face to face with Apophis, so it looks like Michael Shanks may not be the only departed cast member who will be returning for a cameo in this one. "Another scene has SG-1 being EMTs and rushing up in an ambulance to a car crash and getting out medical equipment and rescuing people."

"Chris Judge had written an episode and it dealt with kinda the beginning of the transition of [Teal'c] losing his symbiote," actor Richard Dean Anderson said in an interview with Vicki Gabereau. He also indicated that the character may lose his gold forehead tattoo. (Richard Dean Anderson, in an appearance on Vicki Gabereau [via SG1_Spoilme])

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s6/619.shtml

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E

I'm sorry but I just saw a photo and WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THAT PINK APRON!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! And why r they all dressed as firefighters?

lol...I saw the pictures aswell. Did anyone else notice the pink apron Jonas is wearing says 'New Guy' on it ????:D

I think it's all a dream of Teal'c's......I think.

u know I never normally like firefighters uniforms but RDA in one *thunk*! :blush: Jonas didn't look 2 bad either (aside from the apron!:D )

& where, might I ask, did you all see this photo? But Teal'c
spoiler?
isn't Teal'c with out his gold emblem. Maybe, ithis is all a dream while he's in surgery getting it removed? Him symbiot making him feel guilty or bad or something? Apophis appearing tin his dream asking him what he thinks he's doing removing his god's symbol & all...just a thought...:rolleyes:

This is on tonight in the Uk, 8pm, Sky One. Dont miss it !

I think this ep is gonna be good :D

Well despite the "different timeline" different lives" story we have seen a hundred times in Star Trek and Deep Space Nine I really enjoyed this episode. At first I was feeling a little mad thinking WE HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE but when I look back I think it was a fine way to create a storyline over Tealc losing his symbiote.

Too much has happened for us to write off the SGC lifeline as a dream so we knew not to focus too much on the Firefighter life. The appearance of Daniel was expected and when he knew of the "military/underground" dream it all fell into place.

So an old plot/storyline rehashed again but at least it felt right.

Good episode one to watch again.

Ranger

it's definitely one to rewatch just so you can catch all the layers. its very complex and had to be a vear to write and direct...so hard to keep it all straight.

supposedly AT's hubby was in this one. anyone that's seen him recognize him?

and the best line of teh show

'i would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature '

Originally posted by skydiver
'i would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature '

that was a great line!

personally i didn't find this ep as good as the previous eps this season. i found it boring in places although some scenes i thought were brilliant.

Jonas in the pink apron - so funny
Jack in his fireman's shirt - gorgeous
Apophis - what's to say, don't you just love him? well.........

i liked the fact that Daniel was there for him just as he was for Jack in Abyss. it shows that he's watching over them still.

haven't watched it yet...about to download it, but didn't CJ write this one himself?

it does make you wonder why daniel has only appeared to jack or teal'c but not sam while she was dying....unless of course he knew she had the one person she wanted comforting her right in teh same cell ;)

this does opena huge moral gray area. Junior's dead.

first of all , this means that sam can't sense teal'c any longer. but second of all, he's going to survive off teh deaths of goaulds.
when he had junior, it was symbiotic, they both survived off each other. but now, they have to kill goauld (sentient beings...no matter how nasty, they're sentient) to keep teal'c and bratac alive.

This is basically no different than a man snagging people off the streets, stealing their organs so he can live, or something similar to that. Teal'c is going to live because of the deaths of goaulds.

Originally posted by skydiver
they have to kill goauld (sentient beings...no matter how nasty, they're sentient) to keep teal'c and bratac alive.

This is basically no different than a man snagging people off the streets, stealing their organs so he can live, or something similar to that. Teal'c is going to live because of the deaths of goaulds.

I just can't see the Tok'ra doing that. It is the Tok'ra who have refined the substance, so maybe they have also found alternative methods of manufacturing it.

I also found it a little slow and reminiscent of DS9 "Far Beyond the Stars." I'm sure they all had a great time making it though.

I love this one....the best one so far.

Its great to have Teal'c get his own story.
Im not too sure where it leaves Teal'c without his snake and all..I thought it was Junior that helped him heal and stuff like that but its sure going to be intresting I hope!

Overall I thought it was a good one! :cool:

Originally posted by Dave

I also found it a little slow and reminiscent of DS9 "Far Beyond the Stars." I'm sure they all had a great time making it though.

I was getting ready to post here and thinking just exactly that Dave, very much like Far Beyond the Stars - different characters turning up and still connected in some way

I was also thinking or 'Normal Again' in Buffy

I actually don't mind it when one show does an ep along the lines of another - as long as they do it well and get an original twist in there somewhere - and the loss of Junior certainly qualifies as a twist. It'll be interesting to see where they take it

Shame that poor old Teal'c doesn't get meatier storylines unless Chris Judge writes them !

Originally posted by Brit Chick
I actually don't mind it when one show does an ep along the lines of another

Welcome to Stargate SG1 Series 6!

Get ready for Series 7 when they meet vampire humans both good and evil and a new species of assimilating Jaffa.

:rolly2:

Ranger