6.19: The Changeling

Originally posted by RangerOne SG13 SOR

Welcome to Stargate SG1 Series 6!

Get ready for Series 7 when they meet vampire humans both good and evil and a new species of assimilating Jaffa.

:rolly2:

Ranger

Hey, you've been reading that buffy/stargate crossover fanfic over on the adult fanfic site haven't you :rolly2: hee hee

Originally posted by Brit Chick

I was also thinking or 'Normal Again' in Buffy
Ha me too! I only caught the latter half of the ep though :( anyone know where i can download it? I missed the original ep and the repeat :rolleyes:

xxx

Well i find the ep on the net, it's pretty cool :) i'm seeing a whole new, yummier, side to Chris Judge :D ;)

xxx

ok just watched it. So was Danny real? like with Jack in Abyss?

Originally posted by skoon
ok just watched it. So was Danny real? like with Jack in Abyss?

Good question...he was 'real' right at the end I would have thought but as for the other times he was there Im not sure. :rolleyes: :D

I'm thinking as the doctor no but when he's the doctor at the end & goes on about both being a dream & that he says he hasn't left Teal'c side.

Originally posted by skoon
I'm thinking as the doctor no but when he's the doctor at the end & goes on about both being a dream & that he says he hasn't left Teal'c side.

Yeah I think I would agree with that...I thought it was a good anyway...one of the best for a while! :cool:

I have to admit that this ep was a bit confusing to me BUT I must add that it was one of the best eps of season 6. I really really ... really enjoyed it!! :D

Greetz, Falcon Horus ;)

I had'nt read any spoilers before I saw the episode so I thoroughly enjoyed the unexpected. It was quite trippy at times especially when Daniel mentioned that neither of the realities are real. Mind youn seeing Daniel was shock in itself, I did'nt see his name at the beginning. It was an excellent and well thought out episode.

Originally posted by Amun Ra
It was an excellent and well thought out episode.

Yeah i totally agree...a great one written by Chris Judge..maybe he should try writing some more! ;) :D

Okay- I haven't read any other posts (it helps keep mine thoughts straight) -- so, here goes -

I liked this episode.

Finally, an episode about Teal'c that makes sense and captures him nicely (and who better than the actor? and, no, it's not always the case that the actor could do it right, but in this case, oh yeah) --

Most of the other 'Teal'c'-centered eps, I haven't really been fond of, but I liked this one, and I very much liked that the other SGC personnel were in his 'dreams' -- (something they should have done on BtVS's "Normal Again" - but for some reason didn't, thus the total unbelievabilty of the whole thing) --

This was just a good story and nicely done, nicely told --

I liked the humor and parallel story-lines -- very nice episode -

I enjoy this episode a lot, have to agree that it was very confusing. It was interesting to see how Teal'c see them in his dreams as firefighters. Really cool! It was an excellent episode. :D

Krystal :p

I have to say that I liked it. Ranks right up there with Forever In A Day for the kind of eps that I think are SF through and through. The plot wasn't confusing to me. But as a long time viewer of CSI I am very accepting to getting a story in bits and pieces. Being a fan of Forever In A Day I can go with the flashbacks and stuff, I knew they were going somewhere. The layers of reality are just wonderful.

It's fresh to see CJ act "normal." I'd missed him in other roles and didn't go to Gatecon 2000, so his non-Jaffa side of his acting and personality was a mystery to me. But him smiling and saying all sorts of stuff Teal'c wouldn't was fun. (His 'What!' reaction to Bre's rejection of the kidney was priceless.) And the firefigher angle was very nice occupation that would keep SG-1 as a team that was working to save lives.

From my beloved stance of production quality: I very much liked it. Nice locations. Variety. It had to be fun for the actors to be playing the same-but-different characters and get out on location. (One thing I noticed is the summer must have been brutially dry up in Van, the grass was so... brown!)

Skydiver mentioned the morality of putting the Jaffa on that drug. I was a bit shocked when Jack had an outburst to it. "Ground Goa'uld" I think he called it. And with some alarm. That was a bit odd to me, but interguing. Now I'm wondering what the loss of 100 rebel Jaffa leaders will lead to.

well.......

Originally posted by CynVision
Skydiver mentioned the morality of putting the Jaffa on that drug. I was a bit shocked when Jack had an outburst to it. "Ground Goa'uld" I think he called it. And with some alarm. That was a bit odd to me, but interguing. Now I'm wondering what the loss of 100 rebel Jaffa leaders will lead to.

Honestly, I think Jack's only reason for not liking the idea of the drug is, that it relies on having Goa'uld symbiotes around to grind up. He's probably thinking long-term, in that, he likely is envisioning some mass storage facility like they had on that planet where they found the Tok'ra leader. I can see how that would give Jack the willies, seeing as every time SG-1 is around Goa'uld larva something bad always happens. ;)

Re: well.......

Originally posted by Ego

Honestly, I think Jack's only reason for not liking the idea of the drug is, that it relies on having Goa'uld symbiotes around to grind up. He's probably thinking long-term, in that, he likely is envisioning some mass storage facility like they had on that planet where they found the Tok'ra leader. I can see how that would give Jack the willies, seeing as every time SG-1 is around Goa'uld larva something bad always happens. ;)

It would give me teh willies. Breeding sentient being like cattle until they're mature enough to murder and grind up for medicine. sounds like a horror plot to me

Re: Re: well.......

Originally posted by skydiver

It would give me teh willies. Breeding sentient being like cattle until they're mature enough to murder and grind up for medicine. sounds like a horror plot to me

While I agree with you, I don't think that's the reason it would bother Jack. :) I think he's more concerned with one of them (or more than one) getting loose, taking a host, and wreaking the usual Goa'uld havoc that the SGC has come to know and love so well. :)

Originally posted by Amun Ra
I had'nt read any spoilers before I saw the episode so I thoroughly enjoyed the unexpected. It was quite trippy at times especially when Daniel mentioned that neither of the realities are real. Mind youn seeing Daniel was shock in itself, I did'nt see his name at the beginning. It was an excellent and well thought out episode.

Amun Ra, I also didn't see any spoilers or watch any TV commercials for this episode and was GREATLY surprised!!!! I did see Shanks name at the beginning though, which I was upset about because I would have rather been surprised to just see him. They should really put those credits at the end. Anyway, this was a very different episode. I really enjoyed guessing all the way through what was really going on. Off course I was way off compared to how it actually ended. Does this mean no more "Junior" jokes from Jack?

Originally posted by CynVision
(One thing I noticed is the summer must have been brutially dry up in Van, the grass was so... brown!)
It was hot and dry all summer in Vancouver - I think we went about 6 or 7 weeks with no rain at all! Not what I was expecting when I moved there, let me tell you! Everywhere looked all dried up like that.

As for the ep - I had missed it when it aired, but apparently had taped it and forgotten all about it. Came across the ep yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with what I saw.

I think my only problems were that I found it hard to understand how Teal'c could imagine himself as a human, with human speech patterns and mannerisms. He has barely lost any of his Jaffa characteristics in the six years he has been on Earth, so I found it a little difficult to get to grips with that one. I think I can justify it to myself by imagining that Daniel was doing more than just looking in on Teal'c - he was perhaps directing the hallucination as a way of helping.
My other problem was with the losing the symbiote - will Teal'c manage to keep all his other abilities, like strength and quick healing?
I can't believe I missed this ep, but saw the remainder of the season and never noticed any mention of Teal'c being junior-less. You would think there would be repercussions...