2.3: Stranger Than Fiction

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
info from tvtome.com

Life imitates fiction when Emily Weiss, the best-selling author of a series of vampire novels, is attacked by a crazed fan. Her works are amazingly true to life, leading Nick to believe that she may know more about the vampire community than she says. LaCroix, the leader of the community, sees her as a threat and declares that she must die and Nick must carry out the decree.
Nick, however, finds that he is falling in love with this woman. She is the only mortal capable of understanding what it is like to live in eternal darkness, and she would go willingly into his waiting arms if asked. The time has come for the truth and the fiction to become one, and her fate rests in Nick's hands.

This was an interesting one. I'm not an Anne Rice fan, but I did see the analogy immediately. IIRC, this was also the ep showing Schanke dressed up as a vampire. That may have been one of the ideas that led to my werewolf series. Pretty funny! :D

Yeah - I remember this one - and it was okay - but not 'great' --

I'm still waiting for that one 'great' episode to jump out at me -

Schanke in the vamp outfit was over the top --- whoa - he looked - different -- ;)

For me, "Be My Valentine" was one of the best eps. I also liked Ashes to Ashes (season 3). As sad as it was, it was also one of the better eps for drama.

You may find your favorite ep in the third season. I didn't start watching FK until it was well into the third season on the re-runs, so I was confused when reading fanfic as to who Schanke was, and Captain Cohen and Stonetree. Then I finally got a hold of tapes & finally got to see the 1st & 2nd seasons.

I mostly found the show through fan fiction online, because I had stopped watching it for a while after the re-runs were over & it wasn't on Sci-fi for a long time after that. Some of the best fiction in the fandom is still the oldest & can be found on the first fan fiction archive at www.fkfanfic.com. You'd be amazed how much fan fiction was generated by the series finale alone...there are so many "what if's", the possibilities are endless, especially if you take crossovers into account. I think it was actually a fanfic challenge at one time to re-write the ending, because almost nobody was happy about it.

:)

I don't think so, not unless the producers end it in a way that's respectful to the viewers, and they don't always.