2.2: A Fate Worse Than Death

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
info from tvtome.com

Jannette turns to Nick for help when Julie Beamer, a young "lady of the evening" whom she has befriended, is murdererd. However, Nick finds his hands tied when there isn't enough evidence to hold the prime suspect.
Once a working girl herself, Jannette is outraged by the lack of "justice" and seeks to quench her thirst for blood when she learns the killer may have been Mason, her friend's pimp. When Mason and a fellow cop turn up dead, Nick traces the murders to Celeste Morgan, a seemingly innocent girl trapped in a life of prostitution.

The episodes are getting better. They're into season 2 and it looks like the writers and such got a handle on what they wanted and how to write their stories --

I know the first season of a show can be 'iffy' - but FK seemed to have a few more problems getting its feet under it than some of the other shows.

Here, they used the characters that they have listed in the credits ('cept the Chief - where was she in this ep?) - Jeannette (sp?) was there, LC, Nick, Schanke, Nat -- everyone (have I mentioned that I have a bit of a peeve about 'underused' characters?) --

AND we got some background on someone other than Nick! (I love background info too!)

Nicely done. Waiting to see if they kept it up through the end.

Yeah, there were a lot of supporting characters I wish they would have done more background info, Nat for one. A lot of things we think we know about her are really "fanon" but were never mentioned in the actual show. They were cut out of scripts for some reason. Someone mentioned on one of the mailing lists that her cat Sydney was named after Sydney Greentree, but it was cut out of the actual filming.

Stonetree, too, would have been interesting to get some background on. I got the feeling he distinctly *knew* that Nick was a vampire, from that Scorpion speech in Dark Knight. What in his past led him to believe that the guy Nick and Schanke brought in wasn't just a crazy druggie? I mean, there has to be something there.

It would have been nice to get a little more on Schanke, too. And the season 2 & season 3 captains.