1.06 Potato Boy

Annette

This is Star - my honey!!
Selena reaches out to Caleb and tries to help him with his school work. She begins to spend extra time with him which bothers Lucas. Selena also tries to reconcile with her father.

Description from www.scifi.com/amerciangothic/episodes.html

Have only seen some of this again so far, haven't worked out the potato boy connection yet.

annette :)

This is one of the episodes that CBS (the network that originally ran the series) skipped - so, I didn't get to see it unti SciFi aired it - and I had no idea where in the timeline this was supposed to fall, so I was quite confused --

I'm not 100% on the 'potato boy' reference, except that it refers to a boy who sits in an old house and never goes outside. I think his face is deformed somehow, but I'm not sure. I think I only saw about half of this episode, and only one time.

I'll have to check my tapes and see if I have the whole episode.

To be honest after watching this episode all the way thru I still can't understand the significance of the 'potato boy' other than hes someone who is disfigured and has a great singing voice.

I know she does try and help Caleb with his school work but Lucas takes it the wrong way. Thinks she has an ulterior motive.

annette :)