(Found) Trying to find the title of a book

cwornell

I'm trying to find the title and author of a couple of books i read back in high school. They were science fantasy i think. The plot was basically that these college kids were playing D&D and ended up getting zapped into the d&d world. when zapped they also became their characters. I think the author's name started with either a W or Z....but i could be wrong, Any help woould be greatly appreciated as i would like to finish reading all of the series
:wave:

am moving this to books, as they will most lively know over there.

no clue from me, sorry.
:flash:

Gee thanks Leggy!
Just 'cos I read a book or dozen etc.

As it happens I think I know what you are on about. Though I have no idea what the books were called or who they are by.

If I am right, it was the basis behind of a cartoon series and a childrens version of the D&D board game (the last is out of production I checked the Hasbro site).

If I recall rightly the entry and exit to the magic realm revolved around a magic word. Which obviously I have forgotten. I think it began with a 'J' and was a wizards name. I think the game used the magic word for its name.

A lot of thinking but not a lot of practical help, I'm afraid.

Of course I could also be on the totally wrong line?

In the meantime I can recommend the Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis as a good alternative, whilst searching?

Found the video:-

Jumanji, by Robin Williams.

Amazon denies there is a book. Which means at the least it will be problematic to obtain :(

That wasn't what I was thinking of.

I've seen 'Jumanji'. The film was great, the cartoon series was fairly poor, but it wasn't based on 'Dungeons and Dragons' it was a board game with wild animals. Maybe that is what cwornell was thinking of, but there was also another cartoon series much more similar to what they described.

not jumanji

no i'm not hinking of jumanji.
the book(s) were fairly graphic, defiantely not childrens or youth books

thanks for trying though:rolly2:

After the success of Dragons of Autumn Twilight, every hack fantasy writer on the planet churned out a couple of these; tracking down the particular one, therefore, could be tricky.
My guess as to the author would be Joel Rosenberg; his series - I think it was called Guardians of the Flame - was better written than most, and were popular enough to have been read by more than just the author's mother.

Guardians of the flame series by Joel Rosenberg
Thanks for your contribution, however the question was answered and the answer accepted by the querent 18 years ago.

Don't feel discouraged, please keep browsing the old Book Search questions, no doubt you'll know one or two that nobody's got yet :)

Back