2.01: The Child

padders

System Lord of ASciFi.com
TNG is fun ...

Finally getting a chance to properly watch TNG. Have bought Season 1 and Season 2 on DVD and it is pretty cool watching them in order :) Only ever saw the odd episode when i was a kid!

Bit 1st episode of season 2, they have a clanger ... a women giving birth to a boy but all her own DNA .. oh dear someone skipped GCSE biology :)

Dave

Custom title not found
Staff member
Supporter
Was that when Troi was impregnated by the 'energy ball'?

Since Ian, her son, also grew at a very fast rate, I expect that there was some very advanced biology at work in his conception.

I always wondered why Riker didn't get some rather knowing looks from the rest of the crew.

edit: I don't remember them saying he had her DNA, but I see now what you mean, if it had been a girl then it could have been her clone, but since it is a boy, it's impossible, whatever kind of biology was at work.

padders

System Lord of ASciFi.com
Originally posted by Dave

edit: I don't remember them saying he had her DNA, but I see now what you mean, if it had been a girl then it could have been her clone, but since it is a boy, it's impossible, whatever kind of biology was at work.
Yeah, that was my point - they said something like "it appears there is no DNA apart from hers" or something like that.. sheeshhh ;)

But yeah, the briefing was quite funny - she looked very embarassed but I think some more funny looks - perhaps Data looking at Riker would have been funny.

stripe

Sovs Favorite Moderator
hmm not one of my favorite episodes ..but still an interesting story line over all.

Tabitha

Save Angel!
Weird! That ep was just on the telly over here yesterday! Not one of my favourites either, though...