The Twilight Zone

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
'Variety' has reported that an updated take on Rod Serling's classic "Twilight Zone" will be added to UPN's schedule this fall. (2002)

I remember the original series, though I think that even I am a little young to remember it properly.

from the scifi channel website
One of television's most rightly revered series, The Twilight Zone (CBS, 1959-64) stands as the role model for TV anthologies. Its trenchant sci-fi/fantasy parables explore humanity's hopes, despairs, prides and prejudices in metaphoric ways conventional drama cannot.

Creator Rod Serling wrote the majority of the scripts, and produced those of such now-legendary writers as Richard Matheson and Charles Beaumont. The series featured such soon-to-be-famous actors as Robert Redford, William Shatner, Burt Reynolds, Robert Duvall, Dennis Hopper, Carol Burnett, James Coburn, Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, Peter Falk and Bill Mumy, as well as such established stars as silent-film giant Buster Keaton, Art Carney, Mickey Rooney, Ida Lupino and John Carradine.

An often worthy revival series ran on CBS from 1985-87, and in first-run syndication in 1988. The original shows every sign of lasting the ages, as all great and eminently entertaining literature should.

The opening titles sequence and the music is probably all that I remember well.

I've never seen it before, nor do I remember it being on the television over here in Western Australia. Of course I could be wrong, the memory being what it is :rolleyes:

However, it is on this Friday night and I 'might' watch it, just out of curiosity. Luckily I am not a cat :eek: