Favourite Batman movie?

Tabitha

Save Angel!
First there was Batman (no, I am not counting the old black and whites or Adam West ones here - I haven't seen them, have you?), a dark retelling of the Batman mythos, with unusual casting and incredible box office returns.
Tim Burton eventually relented in his distaste for the idea of bringing the bat to the big screen and gave us "Batman Returns " (My personal favourite).
Joel Schuhmacher kept the franchise alive with a new Batman, Val Kilmer, and the addition of Chris O'Donnell as the boy wonder. Two hot properties filled the roles of Two Face and The Riddler, and a fun, but dumber movie ensued.

Don't get me started on the risible piece of BS that was Batman and Robin.... People are already talking about Batman vs Superman, and no matter how bad it might be, it could in no way plumb the depths of B&R :mad:

Well, it pretty much has to be Batman Returns! Batman's OK, but there's something about Nicholson that I find extremely annoying (Bassinger too... I've never liked her...), also the whole film felt like Burton was trying to make the film the tudio wanted... but in Batman Returns you get the film Burton wanted.

100% pure goth, with the best versions of both the Penguin and Catwoman I've ever seen, even in the cartoons (which I've found generally kick the films in the pants!). Add Walken as the fabulous Max Schreck, and you can't fail... Pure genius! Hell, even the surreal army of marching penguins works!

BTW - Sharper eyes amongst you will notice my avatar features my favourite Batman villain ever - the wonderful Mr Freeze, who rocks in the cartoon... but sucks in the film, sadly.

Voted for Batman and Robin. One of the reasons being George Clooney. :naughty: I do like Chris O'Donnell but generally enjoyed the story.

annette :D

I'd have to say the first film was my favorite, even though I don't really care for Jack Nicholson or Kim Basinger.

Edit: fixed typo

That's pretty high praise then - as Nicholson and Basinger were in most of the first movie! I thought Nicholson overacted to a painful degree, and he just wasn't much like the Joker I fondly (?) remembered from the comics...

In the absence of Adam West and the B&W's ;)

I think I will have to go with Quill, the original Batman film was good even with Jack Nicholson.

Well, I might've picked the second film, but I was even more put off by Danny DeVito as the Penguin than both Nicholson and Basinger combined.:eek: :D

Edit: Yep, fixed the other typo...

My turn -

I liked the 1st film -- I kinda like Jack - and I never read any of the comics, so didn't have anything to base any of the idea on - ('cept some of the old Adam West eps - which I paid little attn to - they didn't really appeal to me when I was a kid) -- so, I liked the Joker - heck, almost more than Batman - but Keaton is the best Batman -- Kilmer was bland and Clooney just didn't pull it off, IMO. Not to mention, I can't stand Chris O'Donnell - ever since The Three Musketeers - he's so annoying! and he's not that great an actor, also IMO.

Not only that - I'm not usually one for sequels - they're usually lame. Though, Batman Returns was better than most. I liked Catwoman, but hated Penguin - he was annoying.

Actually - watched about 1/2 of Batman last night - only thing that really bugs me - Vicki Vale screams *all the time!* if she would stop squealing, it would be better ---

Originally posted by Quill
I was even more put off by Danny DeVito as the Penguin :eek: :D

I have to agree with that, thought the Penguin was disgusting. I do like Danny De Vito but didn't enjoy him in that role.

annette :)

I liked part2 the Catwomen was oh so sexy, and the batmobile looked better as well (gave it a shiney paintjob instead of the flat black). The whole movie was wonderful. I also love part1 as well though, I thought Jack did a good Joker, didn't really care for Vicky but she was enjoyable enough. Danny was just fine as the penguin IMO. I also love the music from both of those films, prince and umm damn I forgot the name of the singer from part2. It'll come to me.

ok, i like the third one the best, and i'll give you five reasons why:

1. nicole kidman
2. tommy lee jones
3. jim carey
4. chris o'donnel
5. val kilmer

:gaptooth:

such a great ensemble cast!

My favorite Batman movie is the one with Michael Keaton. I think he was the best Batman.

it seems like someone is combining two websites here. All these new forums show up with really old posts. I'm sure somebody explained it somewhere and I missed it. Since most of these posts are a few years old, folks haven't seen the first batman movie to really get it right: Batman Begins. I'm also one of those people that don' think it's right to call Tim Burton's batman "the first one" since there was "Batman: The Movie" in 1966. I haven't seen the black and white ones by I hear they are pretty funny. The good news is Nolan will make a second Batman with the Joker. Just like I don't like calling Burton's batman "the first one" calling Batman Begins #6 is just as bad since they completely started over. yeah, I didn't realize how much of a fan I was until I started checking out forums.