King Donut's Film Review & Info Centre

SPIDER-MAN

I've now seen SPIDER-MAN. Twice. And here is my 8/10 review.
Personally, I loved the fact that the movie opened with the "MARVEL" symbol. The movie was completely true to its comic book roots in both the origins of Spider-Man and the Green Goblin. The only thing they changed was, and this is a very nit picky comic book geek moment here, is his webbing. In the comic his webbing was generated from web shooters Peter Parker designed to go with his Spidey suit. Now it comes from his mutant glands on his wrist. Also, I didn't like the Green Goblin changes in this. It just looked like a plastic suit to me and it didn't show the menace, the creepy feel or the Halloween seasonal-like vibe that the Green Goblin put out in the comic. I've always imagined the Green Goblin as a frightening nemesis and unfortunately, that didn't translate to the screen. And where did he get that costume anyway? It's never explained.
Apart from that everything came straight out of the comic book: The radioactive spider bite, the wrestling match and the fate of Uncle Ben. Even Peter's school bully Flash Thompson shows up (we even get a fight scene with Peter and Flas with THE MATRIX-like slow motion scenes to show the spider-sense).
Absolutely none of the CG Spider-Man stuff looked human. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it actually looked super-human and comic-bookey. But hey, I guess it was suppossed to look like a comic book.
There is not a single boring dead-spot in the movie. The movie shows in a brilliant way how the geeky nerd Peter Parker changes to Spider-Man. The first part of the movie (first 30-40 minutes or so) are really great. I really like seeing the process of him (Parker) slowly discovering his powers and how he begins to use them.
The acting was great. Tobey Maguire plays a believable geek. The movie is all him and Willem Dafoe as the Goblin - all the other roles are smaller but are all so believable and good.
Everything about this film probably perfect except for the Goblin suit and FX. SPIDER-MAN is the best comic-book-hero-turned-into-a-movie ever - it's better than X-MEN and SUPERMAN II (but every superhero movie, not just a comic book superhero, movie is probably UNBREAKABLE). This is Sam Raimi's best since the last two EVIL DEAD movies - and no, it wasn't as good. But that's just my opinion anyway. Since this is a late review, you would of already of seen it. If you haven't...see it now!!!

MINORITY REPORT

This movie is a bit like Spielberg's last film, A.I. - it really doesn't know when to stop filming. I would of like the film to end twenty minutes earlier...you'll know why when you see it. The film lost some of its grip on me by going too far into its mystery. I would've been happy with a more simple reason why but Spielberg decided to push his conclusion one step too far, taking a more obvious route of which I thought was just plain stupid.
So here's the story: In the future, a new law enforcement wing called "Pre-Crime", which uses technology and three psychics - "PreCogs" - to see crimes before they're committed. When one of the unit's top officers (played by Tom Cruise) is accused of a murder, he goes on the lam in order to prove his innocence.
Spielberg is on top of this one, delivering a washed out, bluish, grainy look. It's much better than A.I. - I didn't really like A.I.. We also get slick camera angles, groovy quick cuts, bang on lighting and some suspense. Think a sci-fi version of THE FUGITIVE starring Tom Cruise with Colin Farrell acting as the Tommy Lee Jones character and you'll get a good idea of what MINORITY REPORT is about.
This has to be one of the best Sci-Fi movies ever made and is up there with BLADE RUNNER, DARK CITY and, of course, STAR WARS.

BLADE 2

The rumoured plots which were about the 1970's Marvel vampire, Moebius the Living Vampire and the one which involved time-travelling, leading to an alternate universe where the vampires ruled the world aren't true.
BLADE 2 is about a new blood virus that turns humans and vampires alike into monsters called Reapers takes Blade to form an unlikely alliance with a a group of vampires called the Bloodpack. Rescuing his old friend, Whistler (who was actually killed-off in the last movie) and a new machinist sidekick named Scud, Blade is ready to the kill the mutant vampires.
This one had less gore than the first movie and wasn't as fun or exciting I thought it would be. The Bloodpack were on screen more than Blade but he still has all the weird gadgets to kill the vampires in freaky ways but in the last one it looked really cool and (sometimes) funny when he did.
BLADE 2 is another "the original-was-so-much-cooler-than-this-movie-like-every-other-sequel" but I'll definately go and see a third BLADE.

JOHN CARPENTER'S THE THING

In the Antartica, 1982, a twelve-man research team discover that an alien buried under the snow for over 100,000 years. Soon unfrozen, "the Thing" wreaks havoc and creates terror as it shape-shifts into them...
John Carpenter remakes THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD and changes the "us vs the thing" story into "us vs us". Soon their are loads of arguments and fights since no-one can trust their friends anymore...no-one knows who really is "the Thing"...
A great movie with cool and gruesome special effects on the Thing but the scenes aren't like in ALIEN or PREDATOR ect. because they're just too short and simple.
Terrifyed Bloke: Oh look over their! It's the Thing!
Kurt Russell: Don't worry! I'll just detroy it with my flame-thrower then this movie can have a happy ending!
* Kills the Thing with flame-thrower *
Kurt Russell: All done!
But it's still a very good movie - a very unpleasant one - but it's one that you have got to see.

STAR WARS 2

Just saw it...and it was good! One of the best films i've seen but I didn't think it was as good as THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK though...which is what everyone bet before they saw the movie.
We see Mace Windu alot more in the film and is in some good action scenes but Jar Jar doesn't die in any slow, painful and gruesome way and not once is there a "Meesa gonna die!!!" in the film - he's perfectly safe and is never in danger...but he's actually not as annoying and is hardly in the film!
The film is a little long and Anakin has finally learnt not to say "Yipee!" every two or three minutes which is good but the dialogue still isn't that great. But the new Anakin just really annoyed me sometimes...but he's better than the last one.
George Lucas' attempts to make anakin kinda failed really. Anakin is not a bad guy, but is, in fact 100% good. He suffers only from raging impatience ect. What nineteen year old doesn't? We should have seen something truly evil from him. Anakin is still the unselfish, little boy we suffered through the first episode. It really makes me wonder how Lucas is going to turn him into a cold hearted, selfish, serial killer Darth Vader.
The story is this: some separatist rebels led by a rogue Jedi attempt to assassinate Padmé Amildala, now a senator, and Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker are sent to protect her. They capture the assassin, Zam, who says she was hired by a bounty hunter Jango Fett - during which Obi-Wan uncovers a plot to overthrow the Republic and learns of the formation of a massive army of clone soldiers and one is Jango Fett's clone son: a young Boba Fett who will soon become the galaxy's famous bounty hunter in episodes 4, 5 and 6!
Jango Fett was probably the best character in the whole film apart from Mace Windu and Yoda. Yoda is absolutely amazing in this film - he really is the Jedi Master towards the end where he'll be in the lightsabre duel which everyone was talking about. ("Kick your a$$ I will!")
When I first heard this I thought that it was a stupid idea and will never happen but then I saw clips off the internet with him holding his lightsabre and couldn't believe it. But poor Yoda must of had a really bad buttache just sitting in the Jedi Council saying "May the Force be with you", "The Dark Side clouds everything!" and others all day so I waited for the scene to come up and when it came i couldn't believe it. Yoda's the best fighter out there and even though the scene was incredibly short it was still great.
But the lightsabre duel isn't really the best bit in the film though and the one in THE PHANTOM MENACE is still the best and I'd be surprised if it can be topped. Yeah, in the trailer you see Anakin fighting the villain with two lightsabres but in the actul movie that only lasts for five seconds. The best bit is when the clones and the Jedi attack and its so good especially the bits with mace Windu and Jango Fett. And the chase scene in Coruscant (which looked a lot like the future of Los Angeles BLADE RUNNER...) near the beginning.
I really wonder what we are in store for in Episode III and I am beginning to doubt that Lucas can ever achieve what he did with the original series. Again, I liked AOTC very much, but it's becomes obvious, after watching it several times, that it's nothing like the original films that I love so much. Once the eye candy wears off, and it always does (have you watched THE MATRIX lately? Remember how awesome that film looked three years ago. Now it's very plain looking), I wonder if there'll be much left to like in AOTC.
This one is light years better than THE PHANTOM MENACE and is one of the best films out this year! Go see it. NOW!

SHREK

Shrek is an ogre who meets a donkey called Donkey (how original!) who can talk - the Donkey is easily the best character in the whole movie. He steals the whole show!
Donkey sleeps over at Shrek's swamp but in the middle of the night and a load of fairy tale creatures come over too by Prince Farquaad.
"He huffed and he puffed and...signed and eviction notice." one of the three little pigs tell him.
So the huge, grumpy, ugly ol' ogre and his new donkey "friend" go to see Prince Farquaad only to find out he's a midget. (Brilliant!) Farquaad sends Shrek and Donkey to rescue Princess Fiona so Farquad can marry her, become King, find out if he has the best kingdom, then give Shrek his swamp back.
When they rescue her they find out that she's not quite what they expected - she's an a55-kickin' Princess with a deadly secret and becomes the 397 thousandth person to fight in slow-mo/bullet time - what Matrix spoof number is that???
This is just an absolutely brilliant and funny film which, like TOY STORY (kind of), even everyone who isn't about 5-8 years old like it.
It has to be the of the most funniest, intelligent comedies around. It begins with an ogre reading a fairy tale and wiping one of the pages with his arse!
Brilliant! Stitch that, Disney!
SHREK - He's an ogre. And he's the hero of this story. So, when was the last time the hero was an ogre? Never. Mike Myers does his voice with his Fat ******* Scottish accent from "Austin Powers" - even better!
DONKEY - The funniest character ever. Eddie Murphey does his voice perfectly. He also did the voice for one of the characters in "Mulan" and he stole the whole show then! Donkey's not just a donkey. He's not just a talking donkey either. He's an annoying, singing, humming, screaming, unintelligent donkey - and we love him.
Shrek and Donkey are no doubt the best characters in this movie. (especially Donkey - oh, man, I gotta stop sayin' that but he's hilarious!) Fiona was just...there. And Prince Farquaad was pretty funny sometimes. His interrogation scene with the Gingerbread Man is one of the best bits in the movie and very, very funny:

* Dramatic music and Lord Farquaad enters. He is shockingly short. Choking sounds are heard, and in silhouette on the wall behind farquaadn is the image of the Gingerbread man being almost drowned in a glass of milk. *
Gingerbread Man: * still half immersed * No, no!
Farquaad: That's enough! He's ready to talk.
* The Gingerbread Man is removed from the milk and placed on a tray, on an iron table. The table is suspended from the ceiling by chains. Farquaad approaches the table, laughing manically. *
Farquaad: Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
* Pauses at the edge of the table, realising it is hovering somewhere above his head. *
Farquaad: Ho-HUM!
* The table is lowered and, taunting the Gingerbread Man with his broken off legs, Farquaad continues sarcastically *
Farquaad: Run, run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the GINGERBREAD MAN!
Gingerbread Man: You're a monster!
Farquaad: I'm not a monster, here, you are. You! And the rest of that fairy tale pack, poisoning my perfect world. Now tell me, where are the others?
Gingerbread Man: Eat me!
* He spits milk in Farquaad's face *
Farquaad: I've tried to be fair to you creatures. Now my patience has reached an end. Tell me or I'll...
* Starts to twist the Gingerbread Man's button manically. *
Gingerbread Man: No, not the buttons, not my gum drop buttons!
Farquaad: Alright, then! Who's hiding them?
Gingerbread Man: Okay, I'll tell you. Do you know the Muffin Man?
Farquaad: The Muffin Man?
Gingerbread Man: The Muffin Man!
Farquaad: Yes, I know the Muffin Man. Who lives on Drury Lane?
Gingerbread Man: Well, she's married to the Muffin Man.
Farquaad: The Muffin Man?
Gingerbread man: * shrieking * The Muffin Man!!!
Farquaad: * thoughtfully * She's married to the Muffin Man...?

And loads of other great, funny scenes. All I can say is the animation is great, the script is hilarious, the characters are cool and TOY STORY 1 and 2 are still the best CGI movies. But SHREK came close to beating it. Real close. It gets the same rating (8/10) as TOY STORY 1 and 2 but TOY STORY was still one little bit better than SHREK - both of them. Now...where's the sequelto this?!

ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13

John Carpenter's first and only movie that wasn't a horror movie or set in the future is actually one of his best films he's made - but in my opinion, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK is better and the best one. This one probably comes second place.
A street gang murders a man's young daughter and chase the father into a police station which is soon to be closed. The father is in shock so he doesn't speak up to that point in the movie.
One of the prisoners in the movie is sick so the warden moves him and two others into the same police station. later, the gang bring about twenty or thirty others carrying guns with silencers so no one can hear them. The only ones left alive are a policeman, two secretaries, the father and the three prisoners. It is decided taht the prisoners are to be set free and help them fight.
The street gang don't care if they die or not but they just want to kill anyone they go near for no reason-like the man's daughter who was only about five years old.
Now this is what I call a good movie! It kind of copies NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD - people trapped inside a small little place, black good guy, the street gang is trying to get in, kill them and don't even care if they die or not (the zombies who try to get in to take the blood and are all ready dead). But i suppose lots of other movies rip-off NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. I think the best zombie movie ever is EVIL DEAD II and that had almost exactly the same story!
Incredibly violent, a good script ( even though the catchphrase "Got a smoke?" starts to get boring ), lots of gore, great characters and some really cool music by John Carpenter (probably the best he's done apart from HALLOWEEN and EFNY) made me give this movie 8/10 which is what it deserves even though it wasn't sci-fi or horror and had slightly bad acting and very low budget. Go and see this one now!

BANDITS

Is BANDITS a good movie? Yes. Is BANDITS a great, wild, well-written, plot hole-free movie? No.
The plot: two bank robbers tell the story to a TV host of a crime watch news program and record it. It explains their story of how they ended up with a woman they both love and how they became the "Sleepover Bandits" - they sleep over at the bank manager's house the night before they rob his bank. First, they escape from prison in a cement truck and the cops shoot it - the truck that is, not the tyres. Later, they steal cars, get chased a bit, take bank managers hostage and loads of others - throughout all this Bruce Willis' long, messy hair goes all over the place and a second later its back again, all neat and tidy. Now THAT'S not a cool trick Bruce can do. THAT'S idiotic editting.
They meet Cate Blanchet's character and both of them fall in love with her and we get a complicated love triangle here and she doesn't know which man she wants.
Its just a real messed up movie. Fun, but really messed up. The writing, the editting, a lot of it. Its still a pretty good flick. There are loads more better bank robber films than this. I'd give it six out of ten.
I don't recommend it but see it if you want. You won't feel robbed.

THE EVIL DEAD

A young man called Ash, his girlfriend Linda and two others stay in an old cabin and find a tape recorder which translates a passage from the "Book of the Dead" (the Necronomicon) which brings the dead, trees, spirits and others to life and haunt them.
That's about it.
If you want a guy who pops a zombie's eyes out and blood going everywhere, followed by even more gore, then guts and intestines fly out of people's stomachs and THEN even more bloody scenes then go and see this movie right now!
The only reason why people don't like this that much as they used to is because it got two better sequels which were also action comedies. I really don't know what to give this film out of ten. It had loads of cool, weird, sick and gory scenes but I saw the cool sequels first and like them way better than this. I guess I'd just give it 7/10. Not everyone will enjoy this terrifying movie but the sequels will make anyone happy. (especially the third one which didn't really have any gore or horror in it - but hey, it was suposssed to be a comedy/fantasy flick!)

ARMY OF DARKNESS

Continues where the second one left off and it changes the last movie's ending a bit. I hate these new flashbacks. Always changing the movie...but this flashback is better than the end of ED2!
If they kept the old ending you will still get the exact same movie but the new one is the best scene in the film: Ash gets thrown into a pit of zombies in the year 1300 AD to die but Ash (unsurprisingly) kills them all. Ash has changed - he's not even a friendly, terrifyed guy from the first or the demented guy from some of the scenes in the second. He's more of an anti-hero now.
After fighting all the Deadites in two nights from ED1 and ED2, (remember, they're both the same story) Ash has become a complete bada55 who now hates the deadites even more than he used to and doesn't care about anybody except for himself. Ash is mean, tough (and unintelligent) "hero" who says some of the best lines ever in movie history.
This is the Evil Dead movie that made me love Ash and he became one of my all-time fave characters from a film!
The scenes when Ash shows everyone all his futuristic weapons are quite funny and his lines are better than the ones in the second movie that it's so hard to choose what's the best one.
Ash needs to get back home but he has to go on a quest to find the Necronomicon and take it back to the wise man of an old medieval village so he can read a passage in the book, which can make another wormhole to take Ash back home. But when he finds the book he has to say three words: Klaatu, Berada, Niktu (originally said in the movie THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL) and then that will make the Deadites (zombies) vanish and never harm the village people again.
But Ash accidently gets the words wrong and makes an army of skeletions rise from the grave...
Funnier than the second but not as good I'd just give this 8/10.

OCEAN'S ELEVEN

I have never seen the original OCEAN'S 11, which is why I cannot compare this remake to it. If i ever do see it I might change this review...anyway it was a good movie, i guess.
Well, it was okay. But all this film actually was was the eleven guys (shouldn't there be 12 guys? I thought Daniel Ocean didn't count since the title was OCEAN'S ELEVEN) planning the heist. At the end of the movie it finally comes, they do it and...that's it.
I'll try and say this without spoiling the ending but everything goes to plan and that's it. It's over. NOTHING went wrong - we get a few scenes where we think something's gone wrong but then we find out it's nothing, everything's going to plan. The film has no real conflict. There are no threats or even real dangers. There are isolated moments of tension, nothing more. A couple of scenes: Ocean is to be beaten up by a bouncer in the casino. Then it turns out to be an old friend so he helps him. Later one of the characters gets a heart attack. But then it turns out it's all part of the plan. When the Chinese Gymnast gets his hand caught in the safe mechanism. But he's okay when they (finally) blow the door. Oh, when they blow the vault door...the "battery check" bit was unnecessary.
And many more...the whole film is tension free!
I may be wrong but in movies like this something always goes wrong, right???
Another bad thing is the actors/characters. Why? Here we go...
Andy Garcia's character was stupid and isn't believable that he's such a bad guy. Hesleepwalks throughout the whole movie from scene to scene. We're told that he's some ultimate bada$$. A real mean bad guy. We're told what he did to somebody else. We're told to not mess with him. But Ocean's 11 mess with him and he just stands in vault looking extremely confused and slightly, SLIGHTLY annoyed. Then sends five cars with guys with guns after the robot van and that's how he handles you. That. Is. It. Oh yeah, and he would never have let Danny Ocean go. He's an evil, tough guy, and no-one knows he's in the room with no cameras. He'd kill Ocean and be REEEAAAAALLY annoyed, gets out his chainsaw, screaming a bunch o' swear words and all that. Instead he just stands there and says, "You can go Mr Ocean." Now that's just not right...
The rest are no biggies but still annoying. Brad pitt is lifeless and is an exact copy of Danny Ocean...in fact, the other nine were all just like ocean. And Matt Damon's rookie pickpocket character just doesn't seem to be doing anything.
The romance and the Julia Roberts scenes didn't convince me. Why was she even in this movie? They could of got rid of the old reason about caring about the money more than her and leave in the "Why not do this?" speech as a reason to rob the casino.
I guess the characters were just acting so cool and calm all the time is what made them boring. You could of put n a comic relief guy or some idiot who can mess it (the heist) up.
But apart from all that I guess the heist was clever (y'know, with the SWAT team and all...just see the movie) and it wasn't bad.
I didn't hate OCEAN'S ELEVEN - it had many plot holes and no character development but it wasn't great OR bad. It was just a normal so-so average movie. I would give it 6/10 but it was a tinier bit better than that so it's a seven.

EVIL DEAD II

The best in the trilogy. this is the sequel to the first movie only changing the story a little (they always do this in every movie).
Sam Raimi has to have a flashback at the beginning of the movie but couldn't get the old footage from the first film so they had to act it out all over again (no, not the whole thing - just the important parts) but with some slight changes.
What they've changed in this one is they said that only Ash and Linda went to the cabin and no one else was with them. The flashback at the beginning of the movie tells the same thing about the tape recorder translating a page in the Necronomicon and it brings the dead back to life. Linda's death scene with the shovel is the same only she's still alive and the flashback ends like how the first one ended. Only we find out that Ash is still alive but not until the sun sets where he changes back into a zombie.
The actual story of the second one is simple: Ash still can't escape from the cabin and he is still trying to destroy the evil dead. This movie is just exactly the same as the first. In fact, it's still the first story. It should be called EVIL DEAD, PART 2 really. Later, he is joined by four other people who try and help. One of them is the daughter of Professor Knowby - the man who was doing research on the Necronomicon.
It may be an awful and unoriginal plot which makes you feeling like you're watching a comedy remake/spoof of the first one but it's actually very, very good. This is the only sequel I've seen a thousand times!
The scenes with Ash fighting his possessed hand are stupid and funny at the same time like a Monty Python movie, it also has disgusting and funny bits too like the flying eyeball scene and the tons of blood zooming out of the cabin walls. It has also become an action movie aswell and made Ash a super cool action hero carrying a shotgun like in the first movie but he also uses a chainsaw as a weapon on the Deadites in this one (!). But that doesn't happen till the film is nearly over. The first half f the movie is just Ash going insane. I'd give this film eight and a half out of ten. Groovy!

BACK TO THE FUTURE

Steven Spielberg presents an irresistable comic fantasy that accelerates beyond the time barrier with wit, imagination and infectious, wide-eyed wonder. Michael J Fox stars as Marty McFly, a typical American teenager in the 80s accidently sent back to 1955 in a plutonium-powered DeLorean time machine invented by the slightly mad scientist Dr "Doc" Emmet Brown played by Christopher Lloyed.
During his often hysterical, but often amazing, trip back in time he gets hit by his young grandfather's car, taken into his house and meeting his teenage mum who falls in love with Marty.
Marty now has to get both of his parents to fall in love before he gets sent back to the future or else he will cease to exist...
This is an extremely funny film and one of the best time travel movies ever made. Its probably the movie that got me into time travel movies. I love this trilogy, 12 MONKEYS, THE TERMINATOR, TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY, TIME BANDITS, THE TIME MACHINE (the original George Pal movie, not the bad remake), EVIL DEAD 2, ARMY OF DARKNESS and loads more. This one is brilliant and i have to give it 9/10. The scenes with Marty and his mum are so funny but a little sick at the same time and this has the most funniest lines in any movie (mostly coming from Doc) such as "'Heavy'? Why do you keep saying that word 'Heavy'? Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational pull?"

THE SCORPION KING

Oh, what a mess! I really enjoyed THE MUMMY and THE MUMMY RETURNS and I just knew what this was going to be like but I saw it anyway and I was right: it was nothing to do with THE MUMMY or THE MUMMY RETURNS and was completely pants!
It clearly rips off LIVE AND LET DIE (a character is psychic but loses her powers if she sleeps with someone), RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD, PART II (men are looking for the hero and he just quickly pops out to kill one of them and runs off until there are no one left except for the leader) and INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM (bad guys fire their weapons and he hides behind a big wheel which rolls out the window) and many others.
What's also annoying is this doesn't make any sense with the Scorpion King character: in this he is a good guy. So when you go to the movies to see this and then watch your THE MUMMY RETURNS video or DVD immediately after you'll notice that the Scorpion King has become a completely different character.
In this he's an assassin teamed up with an annoying, cowardly character who follows him around for some reason after saving his life (Hmmm..."Shrek" had the Donkey character and "Ice Age" had Sid...what the he11 is going on?!) and the sorceress who can see the future and they're on a journey to find the evil Nemnom and kill him so everyone will be happy and not throw axes at anyone again like they did the hundred thousand times before.
Anyway the film DID have some good action scenes and there are so many that there is hardly a boring non-action scene in the movie...but then the action scenes GOT boring.
Filled with plot holes, rip offs and bad special effects THE SCORPION KING is one of the most action-packed flops I've seen that I'll just give it 3/10...

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS

This (rubbish) movie is about street youth gangs in Los Angeles that adapt sports cars into weapons that they race illegally. A police detective go undercover to investigate a possible highjacking ring 9which he doesn't do - this film doesn't make any sense!!!). I heared tons of good reviews about this movie and they're all good. This movie is not fast and might make you furious. The car Vin Diesel drives and the truck chase scene are just rip-offs on the MAD MAX movies. Even if you haven't seen MAD MAX you maybe not like this much. There's only a few car chases and in between it was really long and boring. The film is a complete dullfest. You had to be a bit of an idiot to enjoy it. I guess Diesel has a thing for liking such awfu, awful scripts. And will the guy learn to act? Girls may dig him but he isn't even a good actor for crying out loud!
The script sounds like it was written by a ten year old...no, it's worse...a 10 year old won't even enjoy it (yes, it is that boring!)...it's written by a guy who needs to watch more action movies and is completely out of ideas - did this person have ANY ideas? And yes, I didn't like PITCH BLACK either.
I have now seen the trailer for XXX and - trailers are supposed to to make the movie look exciting! - it looks duller than this film.
So when your tired and bored after watching "classics2 such as ALIEN 3, PITCH BLACK, HOWARD THE DUCK, HELLRAISER 4, ALIEN: RESURRECTION, BUCKAROO BANZAI and all the FRIDAY THE 13TH sequels (maybe except JASON X) you can it down and watch an exciting film for once...only to find out it's more boring than watching paint dry.

Hey King Donut, you have been busy. How lond did all that take you??? ;)

Seems to be some interesting reviews in there - I don't really have time to read them all right now, but I'll come back and comment a bit later :D

I agree with you on the Fast and The Furious - isn't it just Point Break with cars instead of Surfboards and Parachutes? I did like Pitch Black though...

So is your info section like a "try and stump King Donut with tiny bits of trivia" thing?