The Sixth Sense (1999)

tokyogirl

krycek's love slave
first again.

cool. i'm the first person here again. nifty. well, despite the backlash that the movie got afterwards, i love it still. i think haley jo osmond is excellent. this film was really cool.

lol, you again! Its almost like we have identical bloody taste! Love this film, twas great, my dad thinks i'm dumb cos i didnt guess that Bruce Willis was dead, but y'know, it made the ending even better!

:fangs:xxx:smokin:

I liked the movie, I didn't know it got any backlash. I thought it was a great movie with really good performances and scary ghosts. But the ending with Bruce Willis' character being dead was way too predictable, come on, you never saw other people interact with him. They made it too obvious by trying to hide it.

ok, well i didn't get it either so don't feel too stupid.

and the backlash for the movie was more against haley jo osmond than anything else. there were tons of 'i see dead people' parodies.

Aww, i dont feel too bad now :D

Like in Scary Movie, that guy saw dead ppl :D its the only one i can think of now :rolleyes:

:fangs:xxx:smokin:

there were lots on like SNL and late night talk shows and stuff. but luckily the backlash wasn't too bad.

The first time I watched this film I was really freaked out. And I can't deal with gross scenes like blood and guts all that well either...but it was brilliant! Haley Joel Osment is TOO cute and a great actor.

It's so creepy tho, like when all the cupboards are open...aafter Imwatched it a few times the chill wore off and the coolness came in. The film is amazing and the twist at the end - I never would have guessed that. ?But theres something I don't understand. If he is dead, why is he sitting with Cole's mom when Cole gets home from school. Surely he knew that, while he was trying to talk to her, she wasn't responding. And how did he get in the house in the first place?!
:flash:

The Sixth Sense - did you see the twist coming?

Obviously, spoilers for the movie will abound in this thread!

I didn't see the movie until it came out on video, I had not been told what the actual twist was, but I was aware that there was one, from hearing people talk.
I made an offhand remark like "So, I suppose Bruce Willis is a ghost", and the person who I was talking to just looked at me blankly - "uuuuuhhhh, ummm, no, not really", he stuttered on for a bit, but I already knew that I had just ruined the movie for myself :rolleyes:

I know a few people that figured it out - or, I suppose they just guessed, really.

What about you?

I watched it on video aswell and I also knew that there was a big twist but had no clue what it was before I saw the movie. I think they just tried too hard to cover up the twist. So yes I guessed it about halfway through the movie, if I didn't know there was a twist I'm not sure I would of got it.

Knowing there is a twist coming, even if you don't actually know what it is, will make you figure it out, I think.

Still great though, even if you have guessed it :)

he just walks in. he's a ghost, so nothing can stop him. since he didn't realize he was dead, he could convince himself that the mother was just upset and worried about her son. he could believe that he's already talked to her about her son.

Yeah very scary. I think the scariest part is having a young kid see all the ghosts, having that happen to me at that age would freak me out for life.

I didnt hear there was a twist, but i didnt go to see it at the movies, i had to wait to rent it months after all the hype had died down so anything i did know or think was forgotten. I totally didnt see it coming :rolleyes:

For me was a surprise, I really don't see it coming. At first I was thinking that probably Bruce as Tabitha says was the ghost.

Krystal :D

I loved this movie too! And I didn't see the twist either and neither did any of the people I was watching it with. So, those that did must be really, really observant! :rolly2:

It was clever how the colour red was used in all the death and ghosty bits and that there was no red in any of the scenes where it shouldn't have been. Nice touch.