1.1: Dark Knight (I)

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
(sysnopsis from tvtome.com)

Someone is killing a number of homeless people and draining their blood. Then a museum guard is killed the same way and a special artifact is stolen, a Mayan cup that Nick believes can help him become mortal again. Nick suspects that his old mentor Lacroix is in town and behind the murders. Forced into a partnership with the unbearable Detective Schanke, Nick has to face both Lacroix and the Homeless Killer while trying to protect his friends.

Okay - watched this the other day - and, well, I was very confused, to be honest.

I mean, I know a lot about what Nick is and his 'background' regarding being a vampire trying to be human - but where is the bkgrnd about how he met Natalie and how she found out he was a vampire?

I don't mind jumping into the deep end of a story, but somewhere in the 1st episode, fill me in on a little of the backstory --

Oh - trivia bit -- that museum where the guard was killed -- the building used for the exterior shots is the same water treatment plant they use for exterior shots of both The Centre (from the Pretender) and that big building on Mutant X (both shows have mini-forums here!)

...but where is the bkgrnd about how he met Natalie and how she found out he was a vampire?

That comes up in flashbacks later during the series. Are you specifically requesting spoilers?

I'm also thinking that was in the movie "Nick Knight", which was made before the TV show, but I never saw it.

no- not requesting spoilers -- just wanting to not be confused -

and "Nick Knight" is the original pilot, and it was remade into the 2 parts of "Dark Knight" (per tvtome.com) --- and the two have nearly identical storylines from what I read - so, I doubt there'd be much more info in that one than in "Dark Knight" -- not only that -- but Natalie - was a guy in "Nick Knight" ---

and "Nick Knight" is the original pilot, and it was remade into the 2 parts of "Dark Knight" (per tvtome.com) --- and the two have nearly identical storylines from what I read - so, I doubt there'd be much more info in that one than in "Dark Knight" -- not only that -- but Natalie - was a guy in "Nick Knight" ---
Except in the movie pilot, there are no flashbacks...there's even less background information. Several things were a little different, but, nothing that adversely affects the plot. And yep, I have seen it...just a couple of weeks ago, actually, so it's pretty fresh right now.