The Movie!

King Donut

KiNg DoNuT Club Starter!
I don't know if this is the right place to put this since this is for TV shows but I really liked the SG movie. What does everyone here think of it? whats your fave bit?

Mysticalmoon

I love the movie but I'm a huge fan of Stargate and of SG-1! The movie is great but the director's cut is excellent! I really do not have a favorite part. If you haven't seen the director's cut then by all means it is a must.

webmouse

Fearless Mouse
My fave part of the film was the scene where Daniel talks to Ra about the planned destruction of Earth. Spader gave his character a great deal of calm understanding and bravery when dealing with an alien of superior abilities -- not something for which Daniel's training in academia would have prepared him.

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Staff member
(This thread has been moved to the section for the Stargate Film)

Texane

Frelling Wicked
I really liked the film. And since the tv series has been ongoing for a while, I don't really compare them. I like them both, for different reasons.

Reaver.man

His slimy snakeness
Well, I like film but there are some things (about Ra for example ... he was alien but not goa'uld - see ending scene, where Ra explodes) whitch are not so good.

webmouse

Fearless Mouse
Originally posted by Reaver.man
Well, I like film but there are some things (about Ra for example ... he was alien but not goa'uld - see ending scene, where Ra explodes) whitch are not so good.
Since there was no plan at the time for the TV show and thus the emergence of the goa'uld, I just choose to overlook the differences between Ra and the other System Lords. As I recall, no one ever said what Ra was, so he might have been goa'uld despite how he looked in the special effects of blowing up :)

webmouse

Fearless Mouse
Assume a zen-like attitude and chant the mantra:

Entertainment value . . . Entertainment value . . . Entertainment value . . . :D