Tom Hanks

tokyogirl

krycek's love slave
ok, i figured this was as good a place as any to put this thread. i don't know about you guys but i love tom hanks. i think he's an amazing actor. he's one of my favorites. he recently became AFI's youngest recipient of the life time award. what is your favorite tom hanks movie? i think one of my favorites would HAVE to be joe vs. the volcano. i love him and meg ryan in that! they're so great together!

I LOVE everything tha TOm Hanks has done! From comedies to serious movies to war movies! But I have to admit I first watched him in Bosum Buddies (of course I didn't know who he was then). Then..family favorites: Splash, Bachelor Party and Money Pit. We must have watched those movies over 100 times when me and my sisterw were younger. My absolute avorites are: Bachelor Party, Money Pit, The Burbs and Apollo 13. I added a list of his movies from www.imdb.com. I had forgottn about some of them! He's a very busy man!

Actor - filmography

Catch Me If You Can (2002) .... Carl Hanratty
Road to Perdition (2002) .... Michael Sullivan
Rescued From the Closet (2001) (V) .... Himself
"Band of Brothers" (2001) (mini) TV Series .... British Officer
Cast Away (2000) .... Chuck Noland
Green Mile, The (1999) .... Paul Edgecomb
... aka Stephen King's The Green Mile (1999) (USA: complete title)
Toy Story 2 (1999) (voice) .... Sheriff Woody
You've Got Mail (1998) .... Joe Fox
Saving Private Ryan (1998) .... Captain John Miller
"From the Earth to the Moon" (1998) (mini) TV Series .... Jean-Luc Despont
That Thing You Do! (1996) .... Mr. White
Toy Story (1995) (voice) .... Sheriff Woody
Celluloid Closet, The (1995) .... Himself
... aka Celluloid Closet (1996) (France)
... aka Gefangen in der Traumfabrik (1995) (Germany)
Apollo 13 (1995) .... Jim Lovell
Forrest Gump (1994) .... Forrest Gump
Philadelphia (1993) .... Andrew Beckett
Sleepless in Seattle (1993) .... Samuel 'Sam' Baldwin
League of Their Own, A (1992) .... Jimmy Dugan
Radio Flyer (1992) (uncredited) .... Older Mike
Bonfire of the Vanities, The (1990) .... Sherman McCoy
Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) .... Joe Banks
Turner & Hooch (1989) .... Det. Scott Turner
'burbs, The (1989) .... Raymond 'Ray' Peterson
Punchline (1988) .... Steven Gold
Big (1988) .... Joshua 'Josh' Baskin
Dragnet (1987) .... Pep Streebeck
Every Time We Say Goodbye (1986) .... David
Nothing in Common (1986) .... David Basner
Money Pit, The (1986) .... Walter Fielding
Volunteers (1985) .... Lawrence Bourne III
Man with One Red Shoe, The (1985) .... Richard
Bachelor Party (1984) .... Richard 'Rick' Ernesto Gassko
Splash (1984) .... Allen Bauer
Mazes and Monsters (1982) (TV) .... Robbie Wheeling
... aka Rona Jaffe's Mazes and Monsters (1982) (TV)
"Bosom Buddies" (1980) TV Series .... Kip 'Buffy' Wilson (1980-82)
He Knows You're Alone (1980) .... Elliot
... aka Blood Wedding (1980)

ok i have to see road to perdition! they're saying it's the best crime drama since the godfather, and the godfather was amazing. i have to see this one!

one of my other all time favorites is a league of their own. he's so good in that! my favorite scene in that movie:

jimmy:Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead! You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you! Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass! [Evelyn starts to cry.] Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying, there's no crying in baseball! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigs***! And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game! And did I cry? NO! NO! And do you know why?
evelyn:no..
jimmy:cause there's no crying in baseball!

That line "There's no crying in baseball!" is soooooooooooooo funny! That's one me and my sisters quote to each other often!:rolly2:

i LOVE that scene! i also love when he kisses that lady that's supposed to be watching the girls and then freaks out.

'by the way i LOVED you in the wizard of oz!'

I think he's a great actor and deserves the awards and praises he gets, however he's not one of my favourites.

He just doesn't seem to have... I dont know, and "edge" to the characters I've seen him play. He always seems too sensible and down to earth, which (to me) is rather dull.

Tokyogirl......I have seen Joe vs. the Volcano. Whenever I do something stupid I say "I must have a brain cloud". That was a great part of this movie when Meg says to him "You didn't get a second opinion on something called a brain cloud". :rolly2:

Ah TOm Hanks is also one of my fave actors...

The films I like are..Money Pit, Splash, Green Mile, Forrest Gump, Phildelphia..ok I could go on..I think he is great! :D

just saw apollo 13 again. i still cry everytime they show the whole world praying together for their safety. :p

A&E biography viewers just voted tom as the movie star of the year. rock on!

Funnily enough I've just watched Joe vs the Volcano for the first time in about 20 years. I was quite disappointed for the first quarter of the movie and then suddenly I got it (when suddenly I realised Meg Ryan was playing three roles) and I LOVED it.

Joe Versus the Volcano gets a lot of flak from critics, but Ebert loved it. As for me, some of it is meh but I appreciate the general zaniness. Road to Perdition is one of my favorite gangster films and I think Hanks did a great job in it.

Back