6.17: Disclosure

This wasn't that bad for a clip ep, and just because we're British doesn't mean we say "Bloody" a lot :D :lol:
The best bit was when Thor came down, Jack's been teaching him some of earth humour. I love it when he stuck his finger up, interupting Kinsey, and said "Supreme Commander". Oh God that cracked me up, I couldn't stop laughing for ages after :D :laugh:

Originally posted by Arc_Angel
I love it when he stuck his finger up, interupting Kinsey, and said "Supreme Commander". Oh God that cracked me up, I couldn't stop laughing for ages after :D :laugh:

Oh me too, that was a real laugh out loud moment !!

Up to Thor arriving I was very much getting the feeling this was 'Politics' all over again. Kinsey bad mouthing the SGC with that oh so sarcastic tone of his - man i wanted to smack him silly.

I spose really this was what they call a bottle show, where they don't have to do locations and can save money with clips - although it did give us some food for thought with the other ambassadors - after all, if the US ever really had something earth-shatteringly (is that even a word?) big and didn't share it and then the rest of the world found out - we'd all be pretty p***ed off

But, la la la la, this is pretend so even tho the ending was predictable it was fun - way to go Hammy - sure did have an ace up your sleeve there !!

Yes, it was a bottle show, and as such, must be up there with the top ten worst episodes. But I agree that if you had never seen the film 'Stargate', or 'Stargate SG-1' before, and you wanted to get up to speed, then this would be the one to watch.

I wasn't clear about what was meant to be achieved by the meeting, or how it is now going to be resolved. Do you think we are going to see British, French and Chinese teams going through the Gate now? I would like to see that happen.

Terrible stereotyping of the British, French and Chinese Ambassadors.

i am curious...thor said that he had come to install weapon and shield systems on the prometheus. Isn't that a violation of the protected planets treaty? In episode 5x05 "Red Sky" the asgard clearly stated that they cannot aid the development of any world under their protection through asgard technological means.

Granted the replicators aren't a threat anymore..not for a while anyway, but anubis has demonstrated that his technology is almost, if not, at par with that of the asgard. He has already made fools of the system lords so getting them in line wont be hard. Then he will have an entire galaxy's worth production base to build his ships.

When the system lords find out about this treachery, i wonder what their reaction will be. If they turn a blind eye to it, the asgard are sure to take advantage of it and share advanced technology with all their allies against the gou'uld.

Originally posted by RouTaran
i am curious...thor said that he had come to install weapon and shield systems on the prometheus. Isn't that a violation of the protected planets treaty? In episode 5x05 "Red Sky" the asgard clearly stated that they cannot aid the development of any world under their protection through asgard technological means.

I was wondering the same thing...me confused...:(

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by RouTaran
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the arrival of Nubis things have totally changed.

Remember Nubis has openly attacked Asgard protected worlds.

Nubis also has made numorous attempts at destroying the Earth.

Nubis also possesses weaponry and shields that destroyed Thors ship.

The Asgard not only need allies but allies that can fight. The Tauri turning up with a dodgy 303 is not going to win any battles....oh but then again this IS Stargate.

Ranger

hmm, when you put it that way, it mikes more sense. Anyhoo, I've FINNALLY succesfully downloaded the ep so I'll watch it a lunch...:rolleyes:

I thought the ep was rather boring actually. I liked the bit with Thor but that was a bit predictable.

Also, did ne1 notice how the British Ambassador started the episode with a cup of tea in his hand? LOL! As a non-tea drinking Brit I find it hilarious that they had to use a stereotype to signify 'British'. And how 'bout that dig at George W. Bush, eh? It wsa nice that they acknowledged the existence of the real President with that.

Originally posted by RangerOne SG13 SOR
Isn't that a violation of the protected planets treaty?

Remember Anubis has openly attacked Asgard protected worlds.

Nubis also has made numorous attempts at destroying the Earth.

It was my understanding that the 'protected planets treaty' was no longer valid, due to those violations. The Goa'uld were once afraid of the Asgard, but now that they have been weakend by the Replicator War, I don't think they are bothered any longer.

Someone suggested a long time ago that Anubis might be an Asgard Goa'uld. This did cross my mind again watching this episode, though he would have to be a very tall Asgard. There is definitely more to Anubis than they have revealed yet. Where has he obtained his superior technology, and why does he cover his head?

I wish they would get on and tell us, rather than have this kind of episode.

Now this is strange - I actually enjoyed season one's Politics, but this was booorring. There was no real sense of jeopardy for the SGC at all, unlike in Politics IMO.

I wonder if you bothered to look at the new scenes vs flashbacks ratio would the old footage outnumber the new? Probably. And there was no Jack Sam or Teal'c, or even Jonas?

Just terrible.

In fact, they had better pull something terrific out of the hat for next weeks ep, or I might have to give up watching this show.

ok maybe that's a bit drastic :p

Originally posted by Tabitha
In fact, they had better pull something terrific out of the hat for next weeks ep, or I might have to give up watching this show.

ok maybe that's a bit drastic :p

Hmm but I think thats how a lot of us feel.

Ranger

I didn't particulately like this one either, I felt it ended too easlily...maybe Anubis is an Unas...didn't they say he was a really really old G?

I agree with you all in the opinion that this episode was boring. But it just seems like this one and the previous shows are focusing on wrapping up the series.

Remember, these were filmed when the series was supposed to be over.

full disclosure to other nations, Nurti getting her neck broken, and so on....

I believe they "the writers" just didn't want to leave so many story lines hanging!!!

Eway

Originally posted by Eway
I agree with you all in the opinion that this episode was boring. But it just seems like this one and the previous shows are focusing on wrapping up the series.

Remember, these were filmed when the series was supposed to be over.

full disclosure to other nations, Nurti getting her neck broken, and so on....

I believe they "the writers" just didn't want to leave so many story lines hanging!!!

Eway

good point. Though I wish they didn't off Nirti, I actually liked her...well...when she was still decently dressed & all....

Enjoy this episode, was a great one for a past clip episode. In this episode I remember why I hate so much Kinsey. :rolleyes: But definitely he brings great dilemmas to the Stargate group and specially to General Hammond. I love when Thor appear at the end and convinced the ambassadors. Love the face of Kinsey when that happen specially the part when Thor raise his thumb too. :lol: Also enjoy seeing the russian again and most of all been the ones respalding the americans. :D It was a great episode.

Krystal :p

I agree. This was an amazing episode. I especially enjoyed the part where Thor places Senator Kinsey in his place. 'SUPREME COMMANDER" Kinsey surmised that Thor was a fool, boy was he wrong!

The writers of Stargate have been doing their job.

Cheers!

Its still my favourite lines: Jack and Sam in the X-302

Carter : Inertial dampeners.
O'Neill : Cool... and check.... Phasers?
Carter : Sorry, Sir. :hihi:

It always gets me frustrated when Kinsey is in it, but I think that is the idea. Its the usual political bull and none of them understand until Thor shows up which I thought was a bit cheesy but made me laugh.

Kinsey : Commander Thor...
Thor : Thats Supreme Commander Thor...

Ah yes the finger, it could be seen as an up yours to kinsey, even though he used a different one. Mind you how many has Thor got.

they're supposed to have 4 (seen in Fifth Race) but later on they seem to have gained a thumb (S5 with what's his name in the lab with the original Asguard).

Has anyone here thought to question why Thor showed up to persuade the delegates into allowing the Stargate to stay under the same leadership? With his influence over SG1 and SGC command decisions he has everything to gain by maintaining the status quo. He could have been meddling in Earth's internal politics for his own ends. Although stopping short of giving the representatives an ultimatum he pressurises them into reaching a decision about matters internal to Earth that benefits him the most.

So, you don't subscribe to the idea that the Asgard are benign, kindly and peaceful aliens, with only the well-being of Earth in mind?

You think they have some ulterior motives for fostering the relationship with the SGC?

Or, is it only Thor alone who has this other agenda?

It's an interesting idea, but I don't see any other evidence for it in the series so far. It seems obvious that the Asgard do need us, but only because we seem to come up with these low-tech ideas for solving problems that they can't themselves.

However, we need the Asgard more. Without the 'protected planets treaty' we would have been spacedust long ago, and even if it is gone, what other allies could we have against the goa'uld?

Back