6.12: Unnatural Selection

Originally posted by Highlander II
Well - I wasn't terribly impressed w/ this episode - other than the ice cream scene - that was classic! had a lovely flavor of that 'between the lines' acting that is so powerful w/ the right actors! (happens a lot on BtVS) --

1 - the 'shoehorning' of Jonas - ... and it's backfiring -

2 - please please please - can the Asgard STOP coming to the Humans for help?

3 - um - what happened to Major Davis?

4 - ... Leaving the SGC w/ nothing? There are like 14 other SG teams, right? I was confused about that.
#1 : his introduction has been backfiring since Alliegance. The on-again, off-again nature of his presence just don't play. Actor-wise the kid is in a terrible position. He's not had a busting out tour-de-force ep. He played stronger at the beginning of season six.

#2 : I get the feeling the Asgard have to use humans when going up against human-like opponents. We're like giants to them and can bash things with more force. They're light weights. :)

#3 : Maybe he's up on review for mishandling the X-303 hostage crisis? Someone has to take the blame, it is the US military after all. :)

#4 : 17 teams according to Hammond at the end of Proving Ground. SG-17 was the team the Lt. was placed on after showing his worth.

I had more beef with how large that space-time bubble was supposed to be and how fast the X-303 got out of it. This is supposedly a unfinished, clunky ship.
A light year is 5.88 trillion miles wide and I heard something like .016 of it was the bubble so that's 94,080,000,000 miles (94.08 Billion) of bubble? Or was .016 the fime distortion factor??

I agree

Originally posted by CynVision

I had more beef with how large that space-time bubble was supposed to be and how fast the X-303 got out of it. This is supposedly a unfinished, clunky ship.
A light year is 5.88 trillion miles wide and I heard something like .016 of it was the bubble so that's 94,080,000,000 miles (94.08 Billion) of bubble? Or was .016 the fime distortion factor??

I completely agree. While I really, really enjoyed the episode (to the point that it is in my list of top 5 favorite episodes), I was bothered by some of the time issues.

First of all, the time dialation device was already activated when SG-1 went to the planet. So, time was progressing at a rate of 10 squared once they entered the bubble. They were on the planet for presumably at least 2 days, considering the first time they passed out they were out for I believe they said 30-some hours. Who knows how long they were out the 2nd time they passed out. So, let's just say it was 2 days. That alone would be 400 days in "real time". So nobody noticed that they were gone for over a YEAR?!

HOWEVER, this COULD explain the whole thing with them leaving the planet with the device being activated. If I recall, Thor said the device (when set to go slow, not fast) was set to be I believe 10 to the 4th power. So, I suppose when they left, since time was running slower, it would have reversed the time they were gone. I dunno, I'm not a physics expert.

But yeah, all of the time related stuff bothered me in the episode. The idea is cool, but they should have done it a bit different. I think they should have kept the SG-1 team from ever being in the bubble (ie, the device was never activated while SG-1 was in the area). Of course, this would have made the story a bit more difficult to write.

So I wonder if we're going to see any more talking about these events in future episodes. I'll be curious to see if Hammond has anything to say about SG-1 being out cruising the universe in the new X-303 for over a year. :)

First time they were out it was 37 hours, yes. But time inside was running faster, so "outside" (Earth time, or where Thor's ship waited) would have been moments. That was the point to the Replicators adjusting to fast forward. They wanted a kick-start to their evolution to the "ultimate" android-copy form.

It's possible SG-1 was out in the bubble for a year of Earth time as they rushed to get away from the planet. I'm told from a German physics student that time at the source would be more bent than time at the edge of the bubble. Even the mass of our planet slows down time. So while "out there" in terms of ideas, it's possible for the Asgard to manupliate time because their scientists know the hidden forces that our sicientists theorize exist.

But you are right that we have not seen the reaction of the SGC to them being gone for a long time, even if Thor was a bit more laid back about it. That damn bubble was HUGE and I can't believe no one checked the math. The distance between the Earth and the sun is an astronomical unit (AU). The bubble was 1012 AU. 1012 times larger than the Earth's orbit around the sun. Pluto's max distance from the sun is 49 AU.

Originally posted by CynVision
First time they were out it was 37 hours, yes. But time inside was running faster, so "outside" (Earth time, or where Thor's ship waited) would have been moments. That was the point to the Replicators adjusting to fast forward. They wanted a kick-start to their evolution to the "ultimate" android-copy form.

It's possible SG-1 was out in the bubble for a year of Earth time as they rushed to get away from the planet. I'm told from a German physics student that time at the source would be more bent than time at the edge of the bubble. Even the mass of our planet slows down time. So while "out there" in terms of ideas, it's possible for the Asgard to manupliate time because their scientists know the hidden forces that our sicientists theorize exist.

But you are right that we have not seen the reaction of the SGC to them being gone for a long time, even if Thor was a bit more laid back about it. That damn bubble was HUGE and I can't believe no one checked the math. The distance between the Earth and the sun is an astronomical unit (AU). The bubble was 1012 AU. 1012 times larger than the Earth's orbit around the sun. Pluto's max distance from the sun is 49 AU.

Ah, thanks for correcting me. I was thinking about it backwards, that time was running slower in the bubble, rather than faster. Actually, I was mixing the two together. I was thinking in terms of the team and everything else being at "fast time", and the ship's timer being at "slow time", which of course was a mistake in my thinking. So I guess that would mean they weren't gone all that long then, all things considered. heh. Again, like I said, I'm no physics expert. :)

well i would have to say that all in all i was dissapointed with this episode. id been waiting months for it and it came around i saw it and thought it had a poor plot. I loved the humor, like the ice cream and the Enterprise jokes:rolly2:, but i was dissapointed with pretty much every thing else:(

. . . I just don't see why they couldn't name the ship Enterprise . . .

Originally posted by Texane
. . . I just don't see why they couldn't name the ship Enterprise . . .

cause then paramount would make MGM pay them royalties and i'm sure that's not in the budget <G>

5 minute Unnatural Selection

Thor: We need to borrow this ship
Jack: Y'know it's an amazing coincidence that you'd turn up just as we had the ship in space and all.
Thor: Yes it's true, the Asgard are the secret backers of the NID! We're behind it all. MWAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!
Jonas: Is that true?
Thor: No but it'll keep the 'shippers busy so they'll stop speculating about Asgard love life.
Jack: A thousand years and counting? Not even Sam's gone that long.
Sam: Reading the Sam/Jack/Martouf Fan Fiction is more than enough for me sir.

Jack: Well we're completely lost in space - WHOAH!
Thor: We are now in Earth orbit.
Jack: You did that deliberately just to make me look like a doofus.
Thor: Hee, hee, hee.

Thor: We are beaming up all the supplies in the SGC.
Jack: Y'know you guys are Winona Ryder's heroes.

Sam: Well, how did it go?
Jack: They didn't go for it. (sigh)
Sam: They didn't agree to call the ship 'SG1rules & Goa'uld suck'? Well duuh!
Jack: Time for some comfort food.
Teal'c: You didn't suggest the name 'Teal'c rules!'? No good ice cream for you!

Thor: It will be simple for you to activate the time dilation device.
Plot Gods: (ahem)
Thor: (sigh) I mean the dilation device is on... BACKWARDS!
Jack: What, so people are like, getting younger?
Thor: (sigh) It's always me who has to deal with these dumb earthlings. Boy, annoy the Plot Gods just once and you're paying forever.

Plot Gods: And don't you ever forget it.

Replicator ship: Man you're the suckiest ship that ever sucked!
Prometheus: (sob) You're so mean! Does this mean you're going to assimilate me?
Replicator ship: And lower my coolness factor? No way!
Prometheus: (sob) So I can land?
Replicator ship: Sure. We like having things around that suck. Makes us look cool by comparison.
Prometheus: (sob)

Sam: (gasp) we've been struck by lightning!
Jonas: No problem. Large aircraft have been being hit by lightning for years without it causing a problem.
Jonas: (sigh) Oh no! We've been struck by lightning! Who's going to wade into the carbon dioxide...
Jonas: (sigh) ...lethal gas and shut off the flow?
Jack: Teal'c'll get it.
Teal'c: Why me?
Jack: Cos' that's what happens when you don't share the GOOD ice cream.
Teal'c: (sigh)

Jack: I claim the planet 'Billiard Ball' in the name of Earth - Carter, get a picture of this.
Replicator: Hey, stop poking that flagpole into me!
Jack: Eeep!

Fifth: I'm Mr Nice Guy.
Jack: I'm Mr Be-Nasty-to-Mr-Nice-Guy. That a problem?
Fifth: Not to me, I'm Mr Nice Guy. I'm nice to everyone.
Plot Gods: Loser!

First: MWAAAHAAHAAAHAAA! (ahem) I mean... how nice to meet you. MWAAAHAAHAAAHAAA! (ahem) Our first visitors I meant to say.

Jack: Uhhh, okay. You do know this planet is covered with replicators right?
First: Well duuhh! WE'RE replicators.
SG1: AAAARGH! FIRE, FIRE, FIRE! ...Huh?
First: Hee, hee, hee. It was worth it just for the look on their faces. Oh and by the way, you guys suck even more than your ship.

Jack: Oh that's it you're going DOWN! OOOWW!
First: Hee, hee, hee.

Jack: Wow, we're like, in my mind. Let me be the first to say - Why is it this dark?
First: Actually you're the 6th Billionth human to say it. Wow, I've just found your memories of Carter and what you REALLY got up to in 4.06 Window of Opportunity. I can sell this to the 'shippers and be rich, Rich, RICH!

Jack: You know you'll have to give the Plot Gods first dibs on those.
First: No way! Those losers can get in line like everyone else.
Plot Gods: That's it, he's going DOWN!

SG1: We've given the replicators everything they need to know to conquer Earth. We realise that you, the audience might now have a lowered opinion of us so... follow the watch as it swings back and too... back and too... FORGET... FORGET...

Sam: Forget what?
Jonas: I don't know, I forgot.
Teal'c: As did I.
Jack: Me too but it's been a while since our last FX shot so let's blow something up.
Sam: Sir, there's nothing out there TO blow up, the planet is completely smooth.
Jack: Well if we blow up the ship we'll make a crater right?
Sam: Yes sir, it'll ruin the replicators symmetry. First will be furious you messed up his perfectly smooth planet.
Jack: BONUS! Cool FX shot AND we annoy that First guy!

Fifth: Hi, I wanted you to be more comfortable so I carried you back here to the ship. I'm nice like that.
Sam: So you picked us up off a stone floor and put us down on a metal floor? And THAT'S supposed to be comfortable?
Fifth: I said I was nice, not smart. Anyway you can't blow the ship up, I've got a Matrix-style rotating shot later and we need the budget. Besides our coolness factor is so far ahead of yours that even blowing up the ship won't kill us.

Jack: What's HE doing here?
Fifth: I'm reinforcing how nice I am. Oh and when you're up to it, feel free to come back for more torture.
Sam: Wow! An open invitation to torture sessions! You ARE nice.
Fifth: Ah shucks, weren't nothing. (leaves)
Jack: We'll NEVER go back.
Jonas: We have to sir, they've taken... (sob) the ice cream.
Jack: We'll NEVER go back... not even for ice cream.
Jonas: No sir, they've taken the GOOD ice cream.
SG1: (gasp!) OH NO!

First: So the humans are back. Isn't it amazing how cool we are?
Teal'c: Cool enough to store the good ice cream inside you?
First: Err... no.
Jack: So not cool enough then eh? IN YOUR FACE!
First: (sigh) We have GOT to get a DVD player instead of keeping these guys around.

Sam: Wow, we're like... not in my mind.
Fifth: No, we're in mine.
Sam: Dark isn't it?
Fifth: What are you suggesting?
Sam: Oh nothing. Hee, hee, hee.
Fifth: Anyway, I brought you here so you guys could elevate me above my loser status.
Sam: There isn't a crane big enough to get THAT high.
Fifth: Oh well, I suppose it's a short lifetime of torture for you then...
Sam: We're SG1, we can take it.
Fifth: ...and no good ice cream.
Sam: NOOO! Alright you win, you'll get to hang out with us and share our coolness.
Fifth: And my ascent towards coolness begins...

Teal'c: Damn they're mean! They wouldn't let me stop off at my memories of 'Muscleman's Beach'
Jonas: Will you stop flexing? You're encouraging the 'shippers.
Jack: Well I got a few repeats of killing Apophis. Cool huh?
Teal'c: Actually O'Neill, it was a single playing with no repeats. You HAVE killed Apophis a few times.
Sam: Sir, Fifth is going to save us.
Jack: What's the cost?
Sam: He shares our coolness with us.
Jack: Damn. Oh alright, what else?
Sam: He gets the good ice cream.
Jack: He had to go one too far didn't he?

Fifth: The dilation device is ready now. Because I'm so nice I'll turn my back while you set the timer.
Jack: Carter, set the timer for (wink, wink, wink) FIVE (wink, wink, wink) minutes.
Fifth: What are you winking at?
Jack: You understand Carter? (stamps foot THREE times) FIVE (waves flag THREE times) minutes.
Fifth: You're a very strange person, you know that?
Sam: Yes sir, I set the timer for (cough, cough, cough) FIVE (wink, wink, wink) minutes.
Plot Gods: We got it already!
Fifth: Well that wasn't suspicious in any way. I'll wait three minutes and then... what are you laughing about?
Sam & Jack: Oh, wouldn't YOU like to know?
Fifth: It could have been any species in the galaxy but noooo it had to be humans (sigh).

First: The humans have betrayed you!
Fifth: No! Sam promised I'd get a cool shot that would last forever.
First: (sigh) There's one moron in every family...
Plot Gods: Time Stop!
Fifth: Wow, did you see that Matrix shot? And now a close-up! I SO rule!
First: (sigh) Stuck in slow-time with this moron. Okay, how about I just hand over Jacks memories to the Plot Gods?
Plot Gods: Too late sucker! Never annoy the Plot Gods!

Jonas: Sir, remember how we beat the audience around the head with 'we never leave a man behind'? Haven't we just like, left a man behind?

Jack: Actually I meant that we never leave ME behind, but hey, if you want to share the good ice cream with Fifth...
Jonas: Fifth? I don't know any Fifth.
Sam: Me neither.
Teal'c: Nor do I.

The End

***Writing credits to Terry Franchetti

:laugh2: :lol: :laugh2: where do you find these Anni?!?!?

that was funny - and a much better rendition of what happened in this episode -- grr argh --

it's always - the SGC gets a ship and the Asgard show up and say "Hey, man, that's a cool ship, can I have you take her for a spin, say, oh - a billion light years that way to save our supremely advanced asses again?" ---- ugh -

repetitive much?

agreed

Originally posted by Highlander II
that was funny - and a much better rendition of what happened in this episode -- grr argh --

it's always - the SGC gets a ship and the Asgard show up and say "Hey, man, that's a cool ship, can I have you take her for a spin, say, oh - a billion light years that way to save our supremely advanced asses again?" ---- ugh -

repetitive much?

I've kind of kept my mouth shut on this thread for a while now, because mainly, I don't agree with the majority on this episode. I'm in the minority, in that, I loved the episode, and rank it in my top 5 favorite episodes. HOWEVER..

I agree with you 100%. This whole human-race saving the asgard is getting a bit old. We've never even really been saved by them, if you don't include the protected planet treaty or the alternate reality episode where they come to the rescue. They've HELPED us to save OTHER civilizations, but I can't think of a time that they REALLY saved our collective a**es, and I don't include the 5th race in that (they saved jack, not earth). Whereas SG-1 on the other hand has saved the entire asgard RACE from EXTINCTION on more than one occasion.

I DO have a feeling that it all has meaning, in that, its all leading up to something, some big "WOW" episode, where "all is explained". I just hope, I REALLY hope, that this all isn't leading up to either of the following:

1. The Asgard reveal to SG-1 that all this time they've been creating false emergencies and testing the human race to see if they really have what it takes to become the 5th race. This story line, while I've read it in a fan-fic, just BLOWS. It's way, WAY too corny. I highly doubt the writers would take this approach though.

2. The Asgard and SG-1 both uncover evidence (together, while doing something else, like saving the asgard again) that the EARTH humans are actually the decendents of the ancients, which is why they always make the right choices when it comes to saving the Asgard. This story line, while not quite as corny (although it IS still corny), would be way too predictable, and way too full of plot holes (ones big enough to fit an asgard ship through!).

I reeeeeeeeeeally hope that if all this saving the Asgard stuff is supposed to be leading up to something, that it leads to something more creative, and more inspiring than either of those.

Also, what's the deal with us taking this ship out, like, WAY out there, when we don't even know if the thing's gonna break down like a chevy nova all the time? Why aren't we just cruising around our own solar system and the surrounding area? Seems a bit.. oh.. stupid to me. :)

Maybe in the final ep Anubis will attack & the Asgard show up, full force ( after beeting the replicators) & save Earth?

hmm

Originally posted by skoon
Maybe in the final ep Anubis will attack & the Asgard show up, full force ( after beeting the replicators) & save Earth?

Perhaps.. but I would consider that to be a big letdown of an episode too. Big deal, they help us get rid of some nuasance of a Goa'uld that the Asgard should have wiped out a long time ago in the first place. The Asgard aparently have had an interest in this Galaxy for a LOOOONG time, considering that we found that meeting hall (the ancient meeting hall), plus the place where what's-her-name's future-husband was found, which also had ancient and asgard writing all over. The Asgard AND the Ancients (assuming the Ancients hadn't taken off before the Goa'uld appeared) should have taken care of the Goa'uld right after they started causing problems, which was LONG before the Asgard had problems of their own.

I suspect that there's something more sinister going on in the background. I mean, let's look at the facts.

1. The Ancients, long gone, vamoose, nowhere to be found, presumed to no longer be in contact with any of the other 3 alliance races.

2. The Nox, wussed out, went into hiding, stopped being a contributing member of the universe, tossed in the towel, became hippies, call it whatever you want.

3. The Furlings -- who the heck knows. Probably all wiped out, since nobody talks about them.

4. The Asgard -- left all by themselves to fend for themselves in a not-so-friendly universe, and having NO ability to ask for help from any of the other 3 races, thus depending on us moronic low-tech idiots. :)

So, with all that in mind, there's a lot of disappearing highly advanced races. WHY did the Nox become pacifists? Was it to avoid getting anhialated? WHY did the Ancients "leave this part of space long ago"? WHAT happened to the Furlings? WHY did the Asgard stay in their Galaxy, and not go wherever the Ancients went?

When I put all these questions and pieces of information together, the only thing I can think of is that there was some force, some race, that just whooped the **** out of the 4-race alliance (let's not forget, to have an alliance, you need a common enemy, one would think), and for whatever reason, The Asgard felt it good to stick around in their own galaxy, and continue developing technologically, and not hide themselves, and continue to travel to other galaxies (milky way for instance).

The Nox, why did they go to the Milky Way galaxy? Why do they hide from EVERYTHING? Calling themselves pacifists is a cop-out in my book, because at ONE point they had allegiences. Even if they became pacifists and felt it best to not get involved, one would think they STILL would keep in contact with the Asgard. I guess that though, is based on the assumption that they DON'T, which nobody has ever stated. Perhaps they still do keep in contact.

The writers sure have their work cut out for them in the "answering questions" department, which is what I think makes this show so cool. There's so many story lines, so many intricate details, and so many relationships and suspected relationships.

The big answer I can't wait to find out? Who, or more precisely, WHAT Anubis is. Its been said in a few spoiler news postings that Anubis ain't human, and it has been implied that we'll know of the race that he is when we are finally told what he is. I am really curious to see. Nothing strikes me as obvious either.

1. A furling? I dunno, we don't know enough about them for that to be such a big deal. I'd just be like "Oh, wow, he's a furling, how quaint."

2. An Asgard? Not likely. He's too freaking tall. :)

3. An Ancient? Also not likely. If he were an Ancient, he would know everything the host body knows (there is a Goa'uld in there afterall), and if that were the case, why in blazes would he be bothering with the milky way galaxy, with all its inferior technology. He'd know how to build a stargate, he'd know how to use it to travel to OTHER galaxies (like in the 5th race), and presumably, he'd know how to build a ship that can get to other galaxies. Now, of course, ONE member of a species doesn't know everything about its own species. For instance, I am a human, humans can travel in space with the space shuttle, but if a parasitic host took my body today, and took me off world, said being wouldn't be able to figure out how to build a space shuttle from my memory. There IS some evidence that points to Anubis knowing something about the Ancients, which is a bit..... suspicious. He knew where that device was that was pounding low-frequency radiation at our gate, and made our gate stay open for hours. He knew how to operate it. He knew how to defend against Asgard weaponry (Osiris's ship when she kidnapped Thor). He knew how The Asgard physiology worked, being able to put an implant in the guy's brain for crying out loud. There IS some damning evidence that makes him out to be an Ancient. Still, I don't buy it.

4. A human who was previously a star NBA player, based on his height. Unlikely. Who knows whether that really was his face we saw, or a mask covering it. If it WAS his face, he wasn't human (or anything else we've ever seen), if it was a mask, the sky's the limit. If he is a human, he's a tall human, but that takes away the fact that people have implied he is a different race than that of other Goa'uld (er, the HOST is a different race that is).

5. A Nox? Nah, too tall again.

OK, I'm gonna stop now. :) This post got WAY longer than I had anticipated, and got WAY off course. In any case, I just hope it isn't something so simple as the Asgard coming to our rescue just to take down a Goa'uld and stop him from taking over earth. Too cliche', and too expected. I think Anubis' days are numbered, but I think that humans alone will take him down. We have a knack for it anyways. :)

ya but the Asgard use to be taller before all their, ah...

spoiler?
cloning going on...he could be an unaltured Asgard...

hmmm.........

ya but the Asgard use to be taller before all their, ah...

spoiler?
cloning going on...he could be an unaltured Asgard...

That's a really good point -- it would have to be a REALLY old body though, since in the episode that you're referencing, the Asgard that was rescued indicated that they looked like that thousands of years ago (I think they said 8,000 years, can't remember though), which would theoretically put that body before the Goa'uld even being around. Still, it could be possible. Could also be a genetically engineered host body that was "prepared" for Anubis from an Asgard/Ancient/Nox/whatever, altered from its original form.. :)

I was thinking maybe one of them super human mangled looking people Nirti made & maybe Anubis stablized. Or maybe he found one of those original Asgards flowting in space & because it was so well preserved the symbiot cured it, or maybe he really is 8000 years old, they did say he is like one of the oldest badest Gs. or maybe the Asgard, being the curious scientists were responsible for the goauld ever becoming perasites...they were just snakes in the water serviving quite well. Maybe the Asgard were experamenting for some reason on Chuka's plannet? They were responsible for the replicators, why not everything else bad in the unicers? though that's a bit off topic...

perhaps....

I was thinking maybe one of them super human mangled looking people Nirti made & maybe Anubis stablized. Or maybe he found one of those original Asgards flowting in space & because it was so well preserved the symbiot cured it, or maybe he really is 8000 years old, they did say he is like one of the oldest badest Gs. or maybe the Asgard, being the curious scientists were responsible for the goauld ever becoming perasites...they were just snakes in the water serviving quite well. Maybe the Asgard were experamenting for some reason on Chuka's plannet? They were responsible for the replicators, why not everything else bad in the unicers? though that's a bit off topic...

You make some good points. However, I doubt the Asgard are responsible for the existence of the Goa'uld. While Goa'uld are well known for lying, a few Goa'uld HAVE given background information of how they went from little snakes swimming in a lake to a parasitic thing that takes over bodies. I believe it was described in some part by the Unas in that episode where we first met Thor (can't remember the name of it off the top of my head). I remember the Unas explaining that it was all a natural process, with no intervention. Even still, the Goa'uld may not have known they were being experimented on.

However, I find it hard to believe that the Asgard would leave the Goa'uld around if they were responsible for the whole thing. I would think the Asgard would have intervened by now, regardless of how many problems they have. I mean, think about it, the one portion of a race on ONE planet that is known for saving your entire race is under constant threat by this parasitic species, wouldn't you take a little time out to intervene, regardless of the case? :) Especially if you were responsible for their creation in the first place...

By the way, the Asgard are not responsible for the replicators. They are simple responsible for how advanced the replicators have become, based on the Asgard's own technology (I mean, I wouldn't say the Asgard are responsible per-se, but they are the reason the replicators have advanced so much). If you recall, in the episode where we met the android Reese, she was the one who created the replicators. She in turn was created by a human being on another planet. So, basically, if you want to get down to it, HUMANS are responsible for the replicators. :)

Which brings me to another subject allllllllll together. Nobody has ever mentioned how LONG ago Reese was created, or how long ago the replicators first started leaving the planet she was on to go out and find new technology. Perhaps the replicators are responsible for the downfall of the Ancients and the Furlings, and the reason the Nox are in hiding? Consider this. The replicators were first "born" in the Milky Way Galaxy. Why don't we see more of them around these parts? They obviously assimilated all technology in this galaxy, and moved on to the next galaxy.

But, HOW did they get that technologically advanced to be able to LEAVE this galaxy in the first place? Sure, they could have used the stargate, but I would think they would master long-range star travel first. So, assuming that they gained the technological advances to travel to other galaxies by starship (something the Goa'uld nor Earth-based humans are capable of yet, the X-303 is no better than a Goa'uld mothership in terms of how far it can go), then what races were destroyed in the replicator's quest to become more advanced? hm? I have a feeling we haven't even come CLOSE to seeing the end of the replicators. I'm willing to bet that even if they are no longer a threat, and all of them are contained in the time dilation device, we will still revisit their history and background at SOME point in the series.

HOLY COW. I was able to bring this thread back on topic! WOW! :)