6.12: Unnatural Selection

So, what did u think to Unnatural Selection in the UK

Well, Unnatural Selection aired in the UK last night and I thought it was excellent but I think lacked asguards and them thanking the team at the end, but all in all was very very entertaining.

:alienooh: = asguard

:) There are some discussions in the Unnatural Selection thread!

Hi there cjp_24

I'm not the moderator for Season Six, but you might want to consider going across to the thread which has already been created for this to discuss the episode. You may find that there are comments already on there and have a great discussion!

:D ;)

Oh damn, I really know that guy that played 'First' he has been in a few progs usually playing either the Brit Bad Guy or the Posh Brit Funny Guy in a US sitcom - I hope someone else remembers who he is and what he has been in.

The way they ended this I wonder if they will pick it up again next season - the fact that Fifth realised right at the last mo that Sam had lied gives a great lead into a revenge type of thing for him and his 'human emotions'. Poor lad - I did kinda feel sorry for him but that may have been cos he was a bit gorgeous !!!

I guess Jack did the right thing in the grand scheme of things, but to the rest of us seems a bit harsh.

Couple of great humour moments - did ya see Teal'c when Jack went to take the ice cream - that was priceless, just the kind of look you get of a kid (or anyone really) when you are trying to get them to give something back to you it was like - NO, I'm not letting you have any, I won't and you can't make me !!!! :rolly2:

Plus the Enterprise quip - LOL although a bit unlike Jack seeing as how he claims not to like sci fi !!

I think one of the best lines was delivered by General Hammond...it went something like this...

Jack : You should get upstairs and press speed dial one (meaning to call the president)
General Hammond : My grandchildren?
Jack : Ok speed dial two then!

Made me laugh for a while :D :cool:

that is great. definitely shows where hammy's priorities are.

it is frustrating. I was a very lucky individual who got a studio tour. and i sat at hammy's desk and picked up the phone (no...no dial tone, sorry)....but i can't remember who all was programmed on it.

it's driving me batty (which is rather easy to do, let me tell you)

i knew i should have taken a pic of it

I found a pic of the phone if it helps

Attachments

• red phone.jpg
    red phone.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 349
Saw this episode the other day here in the UK and it was very good. It didn't end as I thought either because normally whenever earth has something good like a Goa'uld mother ship they end up saving the world losing it on the way. Fortunately this time they didn't :cool:

The Enterprise bit had me laughing for a while as well :D

Hick

Nice find Marianne. Looks like #1 IS the oval office ;)

Loved this ep. I was under the impresion the reps were going to be using the "Foothold" tech to look like humans. Not "cell blocks" instead of metal "rep blocks".

The fixed replicator is gona be one irate dude when we see him again in season 7 (just guessing). Can't wait.

Was disapointed with the lack of Asgard screentime in this one. But thats only a small quib.

(side note. Thats one overly aggressive word filter you have here. You're stretching my vocabulary :p)

First good episode from SG1 in quite awhile (the last great one being DJ's brief return). I still have some reservations, and was a bit miffed that I was sitting in my living room yelling "those people are replicators, those people are replicators" for ages before the team actually figured it out/ were told.

Didn't like the fact that the Asgard yet again came running to the puny humans for help, it made me realise that last weeks episode was basically just a great big pretext to set this story up.

What made this episode great was the humanity of number 5, and the fact that SG1 ultimately betrayed him, again I am left to think what might have happened had Daniel still been a member of the team in this instance. Would he have gone along with this betrayal? If they had kept him in the dark just imagine the consequences.

What I thought would have been a nice thing to happen was for the replicators to have become ultimately benevolent, and in fact to have stuffed up earlier predictions of humans being the 'fifth race'. You know, to have become allies of the Asguard in some way. Perhaps conflict could have come from the minority 'defective' replicators, rather from the majority of benevolent ones.

Originally posted by Tabitha
I still have some reservations, and was a bit miffed that I was sitting in my living room yelling "those people are replicators, those people are replicators" for ages before the team actually figured it out/ were told.

I figured that out as soon as Fifth walked into the room. Unfortunately the reason I was a bit disappointed with the episode was that a lot of it was too predictable IMO.

I had the idea that a greater threat would be posed by the 'human' replicators, since they can change their molecular configuration (ie having their hands in SG-1's heads). This means they could look like anyone they wanted to - a member of SG-1 perhaps?

On the other hand there were moments in the episode, as previously mentioned, like O'Neill wanting the ship to be called 'The Enterprise', Hammond and Jack in the 'Speed Dial One' scene, and Teal'c with the ice cream scene.

Originally posted by Dr.Jackson
I had the idea that a greater threat would be posed by the 'human' replicators, since they can change their molecular configuration (ie having their hands in SG-1's heads). This means they could look like anyone they wanted to - a member of SG-1 perhaps?
DING DING DING
Are we so sure they havn't done this? Is everyone heading back to Earth on the X-303 a "real" member of SG-1?
Surely its atleast possible that one of them has turned into say...JQ.

This wouldn't need to be reveiled till the next season if nessisary. The Rep would just just spend the time collecting infomation on other planets (which is exactly what they were doing anyway by delving into their minds in the first place).

*Gets to work on his first fanfic*

I guess that would certainly be one way of putting JQ into 'recurring character' mode, although I imagine that it wasn't in the writer's minds when they wrote the script! I can just imagine further down the line, the humans discovering that Jonas is even more of an alien than they originally thought!

An ingenious plot bunny! Well done RaTY!!!!

:D

ICECREAM!

Despite the fact that I'm not a Sci-fi critic, rather a Canadian Historian, I must say that this was a good episode.

Everyone here is discussing Col. Jonathan O'neill (ref. http://www.stargate-sg1.com/home/bio/index.html) reference to the X303 as the NEW Enterprise. I agree! Classic!

What people here seem to have glossed over is Teal'c and Col. O'neill swapping ice cream! Did you notice the expression on Teal'c face when O'neill attempted to take a scoop of icecream from Teal'c tub of icecream? CLASSIC!

That's all for now,

G.

Re: ICECREAM!

Originally posted by Garron
Everyone here is discussing Col. Jonathan O'neill (ref. http://www.stargate-sg1.com/home/bio/index.html) reference to the X303 as the NEW Enterprise. I agree! Classic!

What people here seem to have glossed over is Teal'c and Col. O'neill swapping ice cream! Did you notice the expression on Teal'c face when O'neill attempted to take a scoop of icecream from Teal'c tub of icecream? CLASSIC!

That's all for now,

G.
I think somebody mentioned the ice-cream earlier, but i agree, those were two of the best moments of the whole ep. It was lacking in humour but compared to last weeks ep, this was a whole lot better. I think everyone has said what i wanted to mention. Overall an average ep but much better than the first part, i didnt expect it at all, tho it was a bit predictable.

xxx

Well - I wasn't terribly impressed w/ this episode - other than the ice cream scene - that was classic! had a lovely flavor of that 'between the lines' acting that is so powerful w/ the right actors! (happens a lot on BtVS) --

1 - the 'shoehorning' of Jonas - why are all of his lines exactly what Daniel would have said had he been there? only, he's not as influencial on Jack as Daniel was -- and I'm not trying to incite a riot, really, I don't hate Jonas, he's a lovely character - and has so much potential, but they're going about him all wrong - they're trying too hard to make him likable - and it's backfiring -

2 - please please please - can the Asgard STOP coming to the Humans for help? If the Asgard are so damned advanced, you'd figure they'd have some idea of how to get rid of the Replicators - for cryin' out loud! I don't mind that the Rep's are still a threat, but geeeeeeez - can we find a NEW plot device? PLEASE?

3 - um - what happened to Major Davis? He was there when the X-303 was taken - and he had nothing to do at the SGC afterward? I don't think THAT much time had passed - 'continuity' people!

4 - nothing going on at the SGC except the x-change of ppl for supplies? and 'over stock' much? Did Thor need to grab ALL of the weapons from the amory? Leaving the SGC w/ nothing? There are like 14 other SG teams, right? I was confused about that.

5 - recycled plot line -- need something new -- I know there are only so many storylines, but this was too predictable - they should come up with a new and interesting twist -- like, the 'human' replicators wanted to be friends, but there was one that still had the 'defect' and was trying to muck up everything - or something - like a colony on the planet, or -- anything - but the 'ooh, we're the baddies and we're gonna kick your butt! Bwahahahahaha!' -- 'er, no you're not! b/c we're the goodies and we always win! mwahahahaha!' -- grr argh -

Yes, the Ice cream scene was great!Loved it! Tealcs the best!!I finally saw the ep. and I thought it was okay. All the replicator stuff was weird. I think its just weird how the first show is part is SO different from the first part. It wasnt the best show ever, probably not on my top 20 (or 40) list! It was just *ok*.

shaunte

The man who layed First was on Twin Peaks. He was some kind of salesman.

The part about the device standing on ground that was actually replicator material was interesting . . .

Originally posted by ZachWZ
The man who layed First was on Twin Peaks. He was some kind of salesman.

Thank you, thank you, thank you - it was driving me mental. You know how you hate it when you know you have seen somewhere before but cannot remember where - Now of course I know exactly who he was - he was a salesman at Horne's Dept Store - gentleman's clothing and he was 'Officer Andy's' rival for a while in the affections of the sherrif's receptionist. He turned out to be a right little s**t if I remember

Sorry - I know that ramble is off topic slightly, but I feel so much better now !