6.08: The Other Guys

pamie

Space Monkey!
6.08 The Other Guys

A pair of scientists must mount a rescue operation when SG-1 is captured by the Goa'uld.

the promo

it starts out with a guy getting ringed up, he's crouched down his hands over his eyes, he's shooting blindly around the room...there is another guy with him
the voice over : don;t send a geek to do a man's job
the guy show up in sg-1's cell 'we're here to rescue you'
'we're on a mission you NIT!' jack yells

there's footage of jaffa pushing sam around, her hands behind her back, jack gets zatted

all in all i literally laughed out loud. it looks like a funny one

Heres some info on this ep

Warning contains spoilers

8 * THE OTHER GUYS
Written by Damiam Kindler.
To curry favor with Anubis, some Gou'ald plot to catch SG1.
SG1 is on some planet, babysitting a team of physicists who are
investigating something. Apparently the Gou'ald either lure in SG1,
or attack, but anyway, take the team captive. One physicist flees
back to earth, and the other two physicists (who hero-worship SG1)
decide to rescue SG1. There's a Tok'ra somewhere in here, too.
The Gou'ald who wants SG1 is Khonsu.
The physicists are Simon Coombs, Jay Felger and Alan Meyers.
The first two listed are the ones who go off to rescue SG1 when the
Gou'ald grab 'em.
Noteable guest star: Patrick McKenna ("Red Green") as Jay
Felger,
John Billingsley ("Enterprise") as Simon Coombs.
"The episode is definitely much more over the top than we usually
like to go," said Robert C Cooper (TV Zone special #46)

Source of post

Please note that the spoilers from THE OTHER GUYS posted by Arc_Angel are directly from

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/

I co-run that group, and wrote the spoilers myself, and would appreciate that if anyone wishes to repost the spoilers, you also (as requested in the rules of the list) post the list source as well.

Thanks.

Elyse

Originally posted by Arc_Angel
Noteable guest star: Patrick McKenna ("Red Green") as Jay
Felger,
John Billingsley ("Enterprise") as Simon Coombs.
Red Green as in The Red Green Show??! I knew somethign about him was tweaking at my memory... Ohhh. Come hell or high water I got to see that. I'll absolutely fall off my chair if any part of the rescue involves duct tape.

I think my eyes would drop out in shock if they used duct tape on the episode! :eek: Plus I don't think physicists carry around the stuff, even though it's very relevant to their job.

After all, duct tape is like the force: it has a light side, a dark side, and binds the universe together. (wish I could take credit for that, but it was from a bumper sticker I saw in '78)

hee hee can't wait to see Red Green, "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to...I guess"

Originally posted by Penguin
I think my eyes would drop out in shock if they used duct tape on the episode! :eek: Plus I don't think physicists carry around the stuff,
Ah but, Sgt. Siler would. If we could see what he uses to patch the Stargate back together with we might find a bit of duct tape. And after all, if two people made prom attire out of it, it could be used to pull off a rescue. (and a lot of other things it's applied to):D

It's the stagehand in me that wants to see that sort of thing. I'm a long-time user of gaff tape.

Duct tape is wonderful stuff. Held one of my cars together (well, the roof). I suspect Siler would carry it to fix things that SG1 broke ;)

just think of all the macgyver jokes we could get if they used duct tape. i mean, mack carried around a roll...along with his trusty swiss army knife

i'm really trying not to get built up about this one but...it looks so funny

not to prempt Sky's cool review--
A Goa'uld lord commands his Jaffa to a planet for the ultimate prize. SG-1
titles
SG-1 babysits a transport ring study team (one with a hero-worshiping leader, by the way) when a message from Hammond comes in. Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Jonas rush off to the 'Gate. The scientists are geeks. One is a flaming Treker. (Can you guess which actor got that role??!!) They're arguing over geek stuff. The three remaining scientists are astonished to see a big Al-kash ( a cool, new, honking huge Goa'uld attack ship ) go over and urgently call SG-1. They're under attack by bunches of Jaffa and are captured. The scientists watch helplessly. Felger gets the bright idea to go after them. They send the third guy back to the SGC with the news.

The two scientists try their experimental ring power source and arrive on the ship. They find SG-1. Only... duh. SG-1 let themselves be taken in a ruse. They're going to speak with the Goa'uld lord because he's a double agent for Anubus. The scientists are hidden by some "free Jaffa" and it's hoped the mission isn't blown.

SG-1 is taken to the meeting. At least they think so. But the Jaffa leader has seemed to have always known the lord was a Tok'ra rebel and was waiting for this kind of situation to bring in a reeeelllyyy good prize. It's a coup. The Tok'ra is killed. And his Jaffa are discovered and killed within sight of the hiding scientists. They disguise themselves and enter the Jaffa ranks.

SG-1 now know they're in deep doo-doo. Jack gets roughed up again. And we get a little Jack whumping with one of them electric prod light things. They're carted for the arrival of Anubus. Felger and Cooms work their ways to a control room and free SG-1. Cooms is left to work the computer and trace the way out. The team gets out and checks out the guard around the 'Gate. A nice little firefight ensues. The dozen guards are eliminated.

Things seem to be going good until Cooms is discovered. Jack and Teal'c go back. They break him out and it's a run to the 'Gate. It's close, but never a doubt for Jack. He's last through flipping off the Jaffa again. (ala, the Tomb, I think it was)

We're back at the SGC some days later. And oh, my. They rewarded Felger and Cooms with metals. And a nice speech from Jack. But like last week, not is all as it seems. (Why should I spoil the end?)

thanks cyn<G>
i'll spoil the ending...or maybe not.

A planet, pyramid ship in the background. We see Jaffa, reporting to their god, an agent of Anubis. Nuby wants sg-1 captured, alive.

Open

Abandoned planet, looks a lot like vorash. Two geeks, scanning ring transporters. Ok, three geeks. One of them had serious hero worship. Felger.
Jack and Teal'c are talking hockey. They went to a game last year. Teal'c says the canucks will win.
Jack and Teal'c want lunch. Digging for mre's. Felger gushes over carter. Another geek trips. Teal'c is keeping track of how many times they've saved the world. 8 times.
Sam and Jonas are at the gate. They just got a message from hammy.
Jack and Teal'c go off to meet up with Sam and Jonas. Tells the geeks to go home in an hour.
Felger is worried. The geeks have a fight over which trek is best.
A hatak flies overhead. The geeks notice. Sg-1 is under fire, lots of zats. The geeks run off, see sg-1 taken by the bad guys marched off to the alkash

Commercial

The geeks are now running back to the camp. One of them argues that they need to return to earth. Felger wants to go rescue them. They're gonna use the tons o rings on the planet to ring up to the ship before it leaves.
Two of them ring up to the hatak. firing as they land.
The geek comes back to the sgc, using sg-1's code. He reports that sg-1 was captured. And that felger and geek 2 went after them.
To the hatak
Geeks are crawling through the vents.
Sg-1 are in a cell. Sam is teasing Jonas about not smiling…seeing as it's his first time being captured by a Jaffa.
Jonas asks if they should be trying to escape. Jack says no…. some over dressed, over the top bad guy will be in to gloat…. like now.
Right on cue, the Jaffa show up.
Herak, first prime of lord khonsu of karek
He and jack smarts off. typical Jaffa 'you belong to my master now'
To the geeks
They're crawling out of a vent. Felger has been studying blueprints.
Sg-1 in a cell, they hear…a bird?
Felger and coons (the second geek)
They're here to rescue them. And D'OH….sg-1 allowed themselves to be captured on purpose…..we're on a mission you NIT!

Commercial

The geeks are embarrassed and in the cell. Sg-1 is being to taken to meet an undercover Tok'ra. They couldn't tell the Jaffa because the Jaffa don't know their master is a Tok'ra.
Sg-1 has been on standby for weeks waiting for word to get captured by this guy.
A Jaffa comes to tell them that there are rebel Jaffa on the ship. 'We come to assure you that you're not alone'…and the two geeks poke their heads out.
Jack sends the geeks off with the good Jaffa.
Khonsu's planet
The Jaffa reports (herok) that he's gotten sg-1. He offers to interrogate them for his lord. The goa'uld says no, I'll do it.

The geeks are hidden in a supply room.

The hatak arrives; sg-1 is taken to khonsu (ginsu according to jack)
They're taken into a chamber. Locked in a big energy cell.
This whole imprisoned for our own protection is getting old

To the geeks
They might as well have updated their wills, or be wearing red shirts. D'oh…the good Jaffa are killed by bad Jaffa…and the geeks witness it. We got trouble right here in river city.
Coons freaks, I'm a math teacher not a soldier. It's up to the geeks to figure out what's going on. Felger has an idea.

They dress in Jaffa uniforms and ring down to the planet. So we got grousing geeks in Jaffa armor on a planet. Jaffa wearing glasses. Coons barfs on the Jaffa.

Throne room
Herok comes before khonsu…no prisoners. He kills khonsu. Herok tells them that their god is a Tok'ra. He says he's taking control until nuby can come and claim the prisoners. (When you watch it…look on the wall. I SWEAR that's a batleah …you know, worf's sword thingie)

So basically, sg-1 is prisoners of a Jaffa, herok who is holding them to hand them over to nuby…..and we got two geeks running around the planet…one of them wearing his glasses btw. <g>

Commercial

Throne room, sg-1 brought before herok. Jack asks where khonsu is , he's dead. Jack asks if he's really dead or semi-dead.
Nuby's known that khonsu was Tok'ra…he's been waiting for him to benefit him…which he has by capturing sg-1.
They're subdued and jack gets a shot with the pain stick.
Harok asks for names…jack says ask khonsu.
Sam says he's not lying…all the info they had was to meet khonsu.
Herok says that they have no idea what nuby is capable of.

To the sgc
They find out that khonsu is Tok'ra and killed. Sg-1 is captured. Hammond can't even think about a rescue, hammy can't send more people after them. Too risky.

The geeks on the planet.
Jay (felger) is creeping around, Simon is following him. They want to mount a rescue. They go bickering through the halls.
Into a big empty room. Looking for some weakness. Touch a column, found the control room.

Back to sg-1's cell.
Felger calls over the pa.
Sam tells them to look for the controls. They find the schematics, and the way to an armory…or bathroom.
One geek goes for it, they get the forcefield down. Felger comes in drops weapons at their feet.
Jack gives him heck. Disobey my orders again and I'll shoot you.
Felger has a plan, they take out the Jaffa and go home, there's only a dozen. 'you're sg-1, it's what you do'
Coons is giving directions over the radio.
They can't get the door open.
Felger is hero-worshiping again.
Coons gets the door open…just in the nick of time.
Now they're outside.

Coons is trapped inside the control room, with a dozen Jaffa outside.

Commercial.

Back outside, sg-1 and felger are looking at the gate…there are a lot of Jaffa. Felger promises to stay where he is. Sg-1 are zatting Jaffa. Jonas shoots a few. Open season on Jaffa.
Cool, Teal'c comes out of the water to grab one.
Coons calls, he's in trouble. The Jaffa are battering the door.
Felger ignores him
Sam and Jonas get targeted by a big honkin gun..Teal'c shoots the Jaffa….Teal'c and the big guns.

On the ship, the Jaffa are knocking down the door. Coons is behind the console.
Jack and Teal'c ring back onto the ship. Tells Sam & Jonas to give them 5 minutes.

Coons is inside, we hear zatting, yelling in the hall. The door comes down; it's jack and Teal'c to rescue the geek.

They ring back. Sam and Jonas have the gate open. They're taking fire. They run
Jack pauses at the gate with a 'pbbbgttt' moment

Back to the sgc, the geeks get an award for valor. Jack pins it on them. Given them heck for screwing up. But they did save their lives. Sam comes up, gives Simon a peck…slips felger the tongue…literally, we're talking full fledged kiss….yo felger. Hello. You paying attention…Simon and jay are in one of the labs working on an experiment.

Hello Dorothy, is all of it a dream or just the last part???? Who knows.

was it real or was jay felger the mother of all marty sue's????

ooh, i do have to point out, sam didn't techno babble once...in fact i think she had about 5 lines or so :)
Next week
Allegiance.

This ep had good quotes
"I'm not a solider! I teach applied maths at Yale! I have a Vespa and two cats!"-- Cooms freaking out.

Felger: What would O'Neill do if he were here now?
Cooms: Want me to shoot you?

Felger: I've got Cooms with me.
Jack: Oh look everybody, he's got Cooms with him!

Cooms: We might as well be wearing red shirts!
Felger: (clueless to the pop Trek reference) Honestly, I don't get that.

Jaffa: What are you doing here!?
Felger: He is sick. I believe it is something he ate.
Cooms hurls and Felger zats the Jaffa.
Felger: Nicely done. Nicely done.

( And RDA said "ei-vle" like he did in the Screensavers interview :D So funny! )

It had to be all a dream. I mean now seriously... how did the geeks march all over the place and not get caught?

But I did enjoy the heck out of the episode. If only to watch the spouse wince and moan. :)

this eps was full of great quotes

you can get back to saving the world again...for the 7th time...i...what? you're counting?
felger, tealc, jack

something about khonsu bearing fruit
jack: you calling us fruit?

They clearly had fun with that episode. And it was a blast to watch.

I liked when Coombs got the shield down and Jack started to move out, paused, checked it with his hand fist to be sure then go.

Definetely a treasure trove of one liners. :):D :rolly2:

Back