3.13: Dead of Night

EmilyH

MN Sci-fi Fan
Dead of Night

This is the first time I've actually seen this episode. The first time I saw the third season, I missed it. I thought it was interesting.

I'm curious as to how Nick could possibly have been married by a priest as a vampire. Anyone have any theories?

Watched this yesterday - and ya know what? This is one of the ones that I'd seen part of some time ago. How odd is that?

Not a bad episode.

However, I can't answer your question until I have a bit more of the FK canon regarding vampires --

So - gimme a month and I should be able to come up with something! :)

just added the season and episode number to the title -

we can add episodes as they air and discuss them --

there are 7 left for Sci-Fi to air from S3, then they should start all over again!

I'm curious as to how Nick could possibly have been married by a priest as a vampire. Anyone have any theories?
I know this had been asked a little while ago, but I wanted to wait until they showed today's episode (1.3 For I Have Sinned) to check my memory...

....and I'm going to mention a couple of things in that episode in a little bit of detail, but no major spoilers (not plotwise, anyway)....

In Dead of Night, I assume that the wedding was most likely outside (although I could be wrong...). If so, the problem of churches, as seen in FIHS wouldn't be too much of a problem. Nick didn't seem to have too much of a problem being around Father Rochefort, a priest, (except for when Nick's being dragged toward a nice, large cross, which I assume was why he wasn't too happy, then...) It's more being in the church and around all of the relligious icons.

I guess what I'm saying, is perhaps being married by a priest isn't too much of a problem...but then, I think the biggest problem would be that during the time of Alyssa's and Nick's wedding, it was common practice to bless the couple (I think...not sure exactly what that entails, though, in that time). And sometimes (...again, not completely sure) they used holy water, which wouldn't go over very well, I don't think.

But then, who says Nick or LaCroix didn't meddle with that a bit? ...make it so the priest didn't perform that part, or didn't use holy water... Honestly, I don't know, but that's the best I can come up with without thinking too, too hard. :p