Choose Your Favourite Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and friend were discussing this other day and we really couldnt decide because as we're both Shippers, we couldnt decide whether to vote on Shippiness or overall episode quality! Its a toughie, but we were just interested in seeing which seasons ppl prefered, so choose a season and say why you chose it here!

I had trouble choosing between 5, 6, 7 and 8 (9 not inc. cos havent seen all of it yet).

I had to pick S6 in the end - S5 had to of my fav eps in it - Chinga and Bad Blood but didnt stick out in the my mind for much of anything else.

S7 had lots of good eps - Millennium, Hollywood AD, Requiem, Je Souhaite, all things and so i dont know why i didnt pick S7 actually, *shrugs* and S8, well, i loved the finale 2-parter and Mulder eps and thats about it (the finale kinda makes up for the rest of that season in my books).

So, why S6? It has little gems in it that will always be at the core of the X-Files for me - Unnatural, Triangle, The Ghosts That Stole Xmas, and i guess for me, the season as a whole was really the last "proper" one - S6 wasnt full of speculation about whether DD/Mulder would be there or not, it didnt make me sad thinking about whether it would be the last season of my favourite show. It was, in general, the best season, for me of course.

Whats everyone else's fav season?

xxx:smokin:

Hi Sammy, good choice for a poll. Choosing your fave season. Can't make my mind up at the moment. Will get back to you. :D

annette :)

yeah I've just decided. Has to be Season 4. There were some spooky episodes in Season 4. 'Home' for one. That gave me the creeps.

Interesting choice :D i always think of seasons 1-4 as the Classic Era - lots of cool MotW eps (Syzygy and Pusher are two of my fav eps from this period of time). Seasons 5, 6 and the movie are like Middle Ground - lots of Myth Arc, character development and things but quite light-hearted in places. And 7, 8, and 9 are like a mixture of both but done in a more mature way maybe? This is just how i see things, lol, and i have a best friend (also a die-hard fan) who see's things totally differently, but thats what makes XF's so special, theres always a mixture, an episode/season for everybody.

I loved Tunguska/Terma (yummy Krycek eps as well :D) from S4 and Small Potatoes (even tho it wasnt really Mulder, my Shippy heart still flutters when i remember back to the first time i saw the ep :))

Sorry for the incoherent ramblings - i havent been to bed yet lol, and its *looks at watch* 4.30pm. I'm quite tired :) i should have been in bed hours ago (i'm nocturnal) :)

:fangs:xxx:smokin:

gotta agree with Annette...I liked season 4 best. Mostly cause of Terma/Tunguska cause I love Krycek and Small Potatoes. Season 5 however is a close second for me.

Every series has it's individual charm, but I voted for 3. :cool:

It had a great series opener, pluss episodes like:

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose :)
2Shy
Revelations
War of the Coprohaghes :)
Pusher
Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' :)
Quagmire :)
WetWired

Originally posted by Sammy O'Neill

Thats cool i wish more ppl would come and vote

No Problem ;)

I voted S8 , cause I think the intro of Doggett and Reyes gave the show a push forward - although they both couldn't help to prevent the end of the X-Files...

My fav eps are:

Patience - Roadrunners - Medusa :D

Originally posted by *bastet*

No Problem ;)

I voted S8 , cause I think the intro of Doggett and Reyes gave the show a push forward - although they both couldn't help to prevent the end of the X-Files...

My fav eps are:

Patience - Roadrunners - Medusa :D
What about Essence and Existence? They are the only eps i likes, well, i liked Vienen as well (thats the one with the oil rig right?) and other eps with Mulder in, mostly toward the end of the season. And Reyes is a highlight i guess.

Originally posted by Sammy O'Neill

What Essence and Existence?

okay, okay these both were good eps, too.... but as I like Doggett little more than Mulder ( :evil: hate me - I can live with it :evil: ) I do prefer the eps that have to do mainly with Doggett...

:cool:

Originally posted by *bastet*

okay, okay these both were good eps, too.... but as I like Doggett little more than Mulder ( :evil: hate me - I can live with it :evil: ) I do prefer the eps that have to do mainly with Doggett...

:cool:
lol, i wont be hating you, just...disagreeing majorly with you :D I guess we're all entitled to our own opinion right? *sigh*

All the seasons had at least a few redeaming qualities I think but the middle ones, 4-6 will always be my favorite I think. and I won't hate you either *bastet* :D

It is hard choosing a fave season as they were all good, but the ones with Mulder and Scully have to be the best ones.

Oh yeah definitely, no disputing that. Although Doggett and Reyes (or the actors i mean) have good chemistry together, DD and GA beat 'em hands down in the chemistry department.

xxx

I know that no1's been posting here in a while, so I voted for season 5, even though I couldn't decide between 4 and 5, they were both so good!

I'm glad that you've started posting in here again and re-awakened the threads. It was hard to choose a 'best' season when they were all good.

annette :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back