Opening Credits: the vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texane

Frelling Wicked
Re: the new intro/credits showing the gate turning around: does it rank or does it tank?

Originally posted by Sandman
Eh, not so bad. Not totally great, either, but it's not awful.

Oh, The new intro really sucks. I'm talking HOOVER sucks.

Originally posted by Sandman Eh, not so bad. Not totally great, either, but it's not awful.

i agree...its ok. but i like the syndicated version of show clips better. they could have done a good job with that using clips from all the last 5 seasons worth of shows.

then we could have fun iding which epis the clips were from.:D

yeah,, i know...get a life!:rolleyes:

It beats the hell out of the crosseyed egyptian from the movie...and is better than just a clip show in my opinion.

I like it.

Originally posted by spider
It beats the hell out of the crosseyed egyptian from the movie...and is better than just a clip show in my opinion.

I like it.

Are you people on drugs? If you are, let me have some, because I have to see the world through the drugs you're smoking.

This intro is terrible and light-years beyond awful. I can't believe I'm reading what you people were posting. The entire intro made me nauseated. I couldn't sit in my chair longer than 10secs before I had to hurl.

You people have to wake up and smell the coffee. This intro, similar to Pamela Lee Anderson, SUCKS!

Anyone and their mother can put together a clip show, and quite frankly it's the most overdone intro in TV ever. I for one much prefer the fact that the opening to SG is actually the SG.

Originally posted by spider
Anyone and their mother can put together a clip show, and quite frankly it's the most overdone intro in TV ever. I for one much prefer the fact that the opening to SG is actually the SG.

Spider,

I've ascertained that you're on crack.

regards,

G.

For Frozen 6.04 there's an entirely new opening credit sequence - and it's a combo. One half of the screen is the dialing gate, the other half is a montage of close ups and clips. Trying to please everyone? Maybe, I liked it.

Originally posted by shiloh
For Frozen 6.04 there's an entirely new opening credit sequence - and it's a combo. One half of the screen is the dialing gate, the other half is a montage of close ups and clips. Trying to please everyone? Maybe, I liked it.
Interesting mix of old and new season advance footage. It's funny, for how just boring and bad the first version was, like 2 out of 3 people don't notice the change! That was the adage when doing lighitng design, if no one notices the lights doing its thing you've done a good job.

Originally posted by shiloh

I really like this one more, it cool because it have scenes and the dialing gate is not so prominet so it doesn't make you dizzy. :lol: As for the poll, I vote is like a fish.

Krystal :p

I really love the opening they used for the episode "Frozen". It's a great mix of the syndicated version and the new Sci-Fi opening.

The new clip show was pretty bad. None of the scenes they chose were really dramatic-seeming enough to live up to the theme music.

The only good part was the way they had the dialing gate blended with the actors' head shots during the credits.

Overall, out of every SG opening, I prefer the 100%gate opening best of all. I don't care about being able to guess what each clip is from, I don't enjoy getting lil teasers, I don't get more interested in the events of teh series by seing lil snipits of it before each ep.

Clipshow intros are over-hyped, and over-rated.

i was cracking up when i saw the new intro credits.... it looked like someone was reading your thread texane:D

i like the new mix.. looks like they wanted to please everyone:rolleyes:

:blush: . . . and don't we fans just love to believe someone is paying attention to our opinions, Tatter!

Hi im new, but i downloaded Prometheus this morning and i have to say unless somebody changed the theme on the file as a terrible joke then..WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NEW THEME SONG ALL ABOUT?! :mad:Its terrible and i hope its either a one off or a mistake otherwise they have sent sg1 towards its demise. Apart from that though the show was quite good!

Hehe you know you can download any of the season 6 episodes shown in america on kazaa pretty quickly? (like the day after or 2) If you have broadband it takes less than an hour, which i think would mean without broadband you could have an ep within 5 or 6 hours? which isnt too bad! (Sorry this is abit off topic but is still helpful to anyone who wants to watch season 6 but is from the uk as i am and is left waiting)

Well i like them...I think they are better then the ones we had for all the other seasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.